Home

To all my OS'ers who play on AA.....

This is a discussion on To all my OS'ers who play on AA..... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
To all my OS'ers who play on AA.....

I've been playing on AA basically since '06 came out besides trying a few different slider sets on Heisman. Apparently those who use those sliders are superior NCAA'ers compared to myself. I always got destroyed on Heisman so AA was my only real choice, but I still never found a very good AA set that was challenging and fun. So I've decided to go on my own slider quest.

I'm starting on Heisman with everything 100% for Human and 0% for CPU and I'm going to go from there. I feel the offense on AA for the CPU will never be lethal enough for top ranked CPU teams and that's what I'm aiming to get. This will before more casual games and not super-hardcore guys. It'll prolly favor more offense and a wide open feel. I'll take several days and test games to try these out and keep updating this thread on my progress.

Hopefully someone (esp myself ) will find these useful.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: To all my OS'ers who play on AA.....

I feel the same way you do and i hope you find something.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5

I have been going back and forth debating whether Heisman or AA is the level to play. I have used Playmakers sliders (Heisman and 3 set AA). On Heisman, I took Ohio St. to back to back championships. I did lose to Texas in yr 2 and Penn St. in yr 1. I decided that I wanted to play as a lower rated team in my next dynasty (started a new one with vers. 7 of BL rosters) and chose Akron. I went down to AA and currently I am 1-2. I beat Purdue (31-30), but lost to Northern Illinois and MTSU. I figured that I would be killed by playing on Heisman with Akron. So far, I have enjoyed playing on AA. It does seem to play level without any boosts. Just my $.02.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Just some small notes......

I played several games, all against USC. Right now the CPU offense is still too weak and it's too easy for the human O, but that's expected so far. I beat the CPU (USC) with Texas on a neutral site 30-10 on 6 min quarters with my first beta set. I knew it was too easy from the start, but I'm feeling some nice progress so far and a hint of optimism.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #5
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

My 2 cents:

After playing on heisman for a long time I just could not get over how much the CPU has a advantage in knowing what u call. 1st and 10 and u run to the left you can bet he is going to stack the line on that side. BUT what really pisses me off is when there is no way the cpu would know what I called and they still stack the line. for instance. 3rd and 20 and I call a draw to the right and he comes out in a 3-4 stacked to the right, rather than coming out in a dime.

I just don't like heisman for that fact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 10:00 PM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
My 2 cents:

After playing on heisman for a long time I just could not get over how much the CPU has a advantage in knowing what u call. 1st and 10 and u run to the left you can bet he is going to stack the line on that side. BUT what really pisses me off is when there is no way the cpu would know what I called and they still stack the line. for instance. 3rd and 20 and I call a draw to the right and he comes out in a 3-4 stacked to the right, rather than coming out in a dime.

I just don't like heisman for that fact.

I haven't noticed that yet, but can't you just use the playmaker feature to push the play in the other direction?

Anyway, I'm getting closer to something I like. I lost to USC 52-7 with UConn, but still had 140 rushing yards with Terry Caulley. Bush had 160 on 17 carries (on 88 yard TD run boosted his totals) and Leinhart was 15-22 for 280. They put their "scrubs" in early in the second, who are all still rated higher than my starters. Booty came in and ran for 60 yards in the 4th quarter on me.

So I liked the cupcake vs powerhouse setting, but I'll have to test it out some more. I'm gonna make a few tweaks now and play OSU vs. Michigan and see what happens.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Instead of UM/OSU I played with Florida at home against Tennessee. Riggs absolutely destroyed me for 320 yards on 46 carries in only 6 minute quarters.

He carried the ball on all 11 plays of their first scoring drive. Looks like I need to play with the sub in/out. Anyway, Tennessee beat me 27-17. Game had a good feel and was fun, minus the total *** kicking that Riggs handed me.

More testing to come...

Old 09-25-2005, 10:48 AM   #8
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Keep up the good work ehh!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »