Home

<the_future420's Heisman Xbox Sliders>

This is a discussion on <the_future420's Heisman Xbox Sliders> within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #73
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: <the_future420's Heisman Xbox Sliders>

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
One thing I have noticed is thzat is it a bit tough to get pressure on the CPU QB. The thing about it is that most of the QBs have good pocket awareness and get the ball outta there in a hurry. I dropped CPU Pass Block to 75, makes a slight difference, but doesnt throw off the gameplay balance.
Here's one for you future. After surviving Youngstown St. who gave me a great scare in Happy Valley, final being 29-17 after a late touchdown my Hunt, I'm 2-1 heading into #1 Ohio St. This game was completely dominated by defense with me leading 10-7 heading into the fourth quarter. I pick off Ohio St's QB and drive down the field making Ohio St burn all of their timeouts. I get to the 15 with 1:45 left. I run my first play and was hit in the backfield for a loss of 2 yds. I was like, hell, I'm not taking a chance on turning the ball over, so I kneel the next 2 plays and run the clock down as far as I could to :18 seconds and call a timeout of my own. Kick the field goal and go up 13-7 with :15 seconds left. Game over!!!! Yeah right, On my insuing kickoff, Ohio St takes it to the house with :05 seconds left and kicks the extra point and it's over. Ohio St. 14 Penn St. 13. Complete and utter chucking of the controller across the room.

I'm sending a feeler to the league office!!!!!!! as I was clearly held from behind with my defender trying to run down the returner and no call. Damn OHIO ST officiating!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm heading home 2-2 to play 3-1 Northwestern in a now huge Big Ten game.

Last edited by highheatkingsb; 08-13-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:45 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 17

Wow man...that is just evil. It is SO tough to close out a top 5 team when you are looking for the upset. It seems like they always pull a damn rabbit out the hat. Either they start recovering onside kicks and getting it close, or your guys start fumbling every other play.. something always makes it tough and makes you sweat. But that loss is just evil. Sounds like a great game though.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
Yeah, there isn't anything wrong with the sliders, they are about as perfect as they can get on Heisman, it's all about good play calling and playing good defense. If you do this, you will beat the teams you are supposed to, and if you don't, well then you'll be upset. In my two dynasty games so far with Penn St. I beat Akron 26-21 and lost to Notre Dame 24-12. I didn't get inside the 20 against the Irish as there defense was all over me. It was 17-12 heading into the 4th quarter before they put it away with a 4:00+ drive that left me with no timeouts and down 12 under a minute to play.

The sliders are fine if you like to struggle with basically any rated team, just because ohio st and michigan are good doesn't mean everytime they play its gonna go down to the last play of the game (game 5 out of 5 games).

and for the record I cant do any better so you are my only hope here!

but these are the best heisman ive found so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 11:50 AM   #76
MVP

I appreciate the kudos on the sliders. The more I am getting into my ND dyansty, the more I am noticing that some games we "have" it and some games we dont and the games are much tougher. I was able to beat an evenly matched Arizona team 35-7 in the Sun Bowl in my 3rd year. But just one game before, I struggled to pull out a 22-17 victory at home against an overmatched Pitt team. I think that if you can get into a good rhythm early, you can beat good teams, sometimes pretty decisively, but by the same token, start off a bit sluggish, give the other team momentum and then you have a game on your hands.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #77
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I appreciate the kudos on the sliders. The more I am getting into my ND dyansty, the more I am noticing that some games we "have" it and some games we dont and the games are much tougher. I was able to beat an evenly matched Arizona team 35-7 in the Sun Bowl in my 3rd year. But just one game before, I struggled to pull out a 22-17 victory at home against an overmatched Pitt team. I think that if you can get into a good rhythm early, you can beat good teams, sometimes pretty decisively, but by the same token, start off a bit sluggish, give the other team momentum and then you have a game on your hands.
And that's the way it should be. Remember last year at the beginning of the season when Ohio beat Pitt in Ohio? They got momentum early and Pitt couldn't get anything going. It was an unbelievable upset and that's the beauty of the game. On any given Saturday, there could be a huge upset.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #78
All Star

Well future, here's what I like the most about these sliders and this game in general. It seems like your team's morale is destroyed if you lose a heart wrenching game the way I did against Ohio St. I just couldn't rebound at all as Northwestern came in and kicked my rear 27-3 at home. I'm 2-3 now and 0-2 in the Big Ten. My chances at a bowl bid look very dim right now as I head to #11 Minnesota.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

no one responded:

"where do you go to adjust auto subs in/out"
Old 08-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #80
MVP

I think for some odd reason its under controller layout. I'm not 100% sure about this though as I am at work and can't check it out. Could somebody verify this for me? I know that it is somewhere where you wouldn't expect it to be.

Last edited by the_future420; 08-14-2006 at 05:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »