Home

SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

This is a discussion on SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8
SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

Well after about 10 games in and a lot of evaluation of replays here's an initial set of sliders. These will change I'm sure, but like all EA games there's always some tweaking that needs to be made out of the box.

For Offense I wanted to open up the CPU offense some, especially the running game.

7 min All-American

Offense HUM / CPU
QB Acc 45 / 65
Pass Blk 60 / 50
WR Catch 50 / 60
RB Abil 50 / 60
Run Blk 45 / 70

For D you need to turn down INTs again or there will be too many picks brought back for TDs. Also, turning down the HUM awareness will help open up the CPU's offense

Defense HUM / CPU
Aware 25 / 60
Knkdwn 20 /45
Int 0 / 0
Brk Blk 40 / 60
Tkl 30 / 50

These are early and will probably change. I thought it'd be good to start developing a set to see what issues will need to be addressed with sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Re: SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

Some Dynasty results so far with these sliders.

Miami 31 - Marshall 17
UNC 55 - 1AA 7
Alabama 42 - 1AA 0
Old 07-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

These seem to be pretty good... what are you using for kick/punt power? At the default, mediocre kickers and punters can really boom stuff.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima47
These seem to be pretty good... what are you using for kick/punt power? At the default, mediocre kickers and punters can really boom stuff.
Kick power down 5 and punt power down 10.

I'm going to be messing around with some Heisman sliders to see the difference in gameplay.

A few things have me concerned so far on AA. There are a lot of turnovers. I wouldn't same fumbling is an issue, it's more with Int's. With Int's at 0 and awareness down low there are still a lot of Int's for human teams.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Hey Sportgamer,
I don't have the game yet (will at midnight though) but I was just wondering.......could it be that there really isn't an int problem at all?.

Let me explain.....in recent years it seems like it was the norm to just "chuck" the ball into double and sometimes triple coverage,without having to worry so much about the int,as the pass would usually be incomplete.

So this year rolls around,and it seems like alot of folks are having int issues,I'm just wondering.......are we sooo use to years past? because it seems to me that this year one really has to have good ball placement,and not just "force" it in.
Again....I may be way off on this,but I guess I'll find out tonight.

One last thing.......I am still playing the demo,I do see an int problem with the comp,but like I was saying earlier,the user just may be use to the old way of playing,as I've only had maybe 3 int's.
I usually don't force the ball and try to make better decisions on where I'm going with it.
Of course...this is all my opinion
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Hey Sportgamer,
I don't have the game yet (will at midnight though) but I was just wondering.......could it be that there really isn't an int problem at all?.

Let me explain.....in recent years it seems like it was the norm to just "chuck" the ball into double and sometimes triple coverage,without having to worry so much about the int,as the pass would usually be incomplete.

So this year rolls around,and it seems like alot of folks are having int issues,I'm just wondering.......are we sooo use to years past? because it seems to me that this year one really has to have good ball placement,and not just "force" it in.
Again....I may be way off on this,but I guess I'll find out tonight.

One last thing.......I am still playing the demo,I do see an int problem with the comp,but like I was saying earlier,the user just may be use to the old way of playing,as I've only had maybe 3 int's.
I usually don't force the ball and try to make better decisions on where I'm going with it.
Of course...this is all my opinion

I agree. Its not an int problem. I played about 10 games this wknd and every int I threw was deserved because of a bad read or a great play by the CPU. Now on default sliders, the CPU does throw too many but once u up the accuracy and lower the ints, that clears up.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I agree. Its not an int problem. I played about 10 games this wknd and every int I threw was deserved because of a bad read or a great play by the CPU. Now on default sliders, the CPU does throw too many but once u up the accuracy and lower the ints, that clears up.
I'm always up for a challenge and I don't mind throwing a lot of picks due to bad reads. I'm more concerned with the number of picks the CPU throws. I've been playing with QB ACC at 65 and INT at 0 and I'm still seeing a lot of picks thrown by the computer. I think the CPU can actually move that ball fairly easily but they still throw a lot of picks. I've wondered if turning knockdowns up might decrease the number of picks.

One thing I've noticed...Heisman more defensive games, AA more offensive. The HUM D will shut down the CPU D more on Heisman then on AA. I feel more in control of my D and more confident that I can get stops on Heisman. I'm still toying with both levels though.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

looking forward to your next set

messing around with these things and finding new sets on the internet have
sort of become a little addicting

Keep up the good work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »