Home

SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

This is a discussion on SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #25
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: SportGamer24's early early early '08 sliders (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I just tried out your Heisman sliders, pretty good for a start. I played 8 minute quarters as Arkansas at home against Maryland. I ended up losing 51-34 after being outscored 21-0 in the 4th quarter. Up until then it was a great, great game. Then I fumbled three times in the 4th and had two INT's which obviously is too much to overcome.

There was offense galore in this game, McFadden is amazing in this game - I had 30 att for 275 yards and 3 TD's with him.

Maryland was just as unstoppable, their RB had 21 attempts for 192 yards and their QB was 20-24 for 236 yards and two TD's.

The feel of the game was awesome, just a little too much O. Plus I need to play 7-min quarters. But for a base set, there's a lot of potential here.
Thanks for the comments. I need to keep testing these, but by the looks of it there was a ton of offense in your game. Any glaring gameplay issues which lead to the crazy amount of yardage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #26
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Thanks for the comments. I need to keep testing these, but by the looks of it there was a ton of offense in your game. Any glaring gameplay issues which lead to the crazy amount of yardage?

As it said it was an awesome game the first three quarters, the best I've played yet in '08. It was crazy because the first half was an explosion on offense and we could both do whatever we wanted. McFadden had 165 yards at the half and I was winning 24-21.

The third quarter was neat because it was as if both D's made halftime adjustments. I had only had 8 rushing yards with McFadden in the quarter until the final play when I busted a 60+ yard TD. Before that play he probably had 8-10 rushes for only 8 yards, Maryland really stepped up the D. We each scored 10 points in the quarter.

In the fourth quarter I tried passing a little more and noticed a few issues. One of my WR's was running a 15 yard button hook and the DB actually broke simultaneously w. my WR - as if he was running the exact same route and knew what was coming. Obviously he picked it off and returned it for six. Personally I think most of the INT problems people are complaining about are from terrible decisions, but this play was a superhuman one by the CPU. It looked like my WR would be open, but the DB just knew what was coming despite having his head turned to look upfield and not back at my QB. I looked at the replay 3-4 times in amazement.

Besides that the CPU QB was in robo-QB mode for most of the game. I don't think I had a single deflected pass by my defense. They were just running around chasing the WR's but never making a play on the ball. Two of the incompletions they had were on deflections at the LOS and the other two were when I hit their QB upon release and he threw a duck that landed just past the LOS. So basically when their QB had time in the pocket and got off a normal pass he completed every single one of them. I don't know much about Arkansas' D or Maryland's QB but it was definitely an issue.

The sliders for their running game are damn perfect. Maybe a bit high but we'll see. Pass and run blocking for human seems excellent too, though it may be too high. I don't know how an average running team will do but McFadden certainly tore it up.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #27
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Thanks for all the feedback.

On Heisman it seems that there is very little separation in pass coverage. Comebacks are tough but they can still be completed. You really need to use the analog stick when throwing your passes so you put them in the right place depending on the coverage.

As far as the robo-qb's go I'll take a look into addressing that. I'll probably turn up HUM KNKDWN some, and turn down CPU QB ACC

For the running game it does seem like it might just be a tad high, but I think I'm close to where I want it to be. I'm going to lower the HUM RB Abil in the next set and probably turn up CPU Aware and CPU TKL just a notch.

I might be looking at something like this for my next set

Hum CPU
qb acc 70 30
pass blk 80 0
wr catch 50 50
rb abil 55 55
run blk 40 0

awr 55 15
knk 85 0
int 0 0
brk blk 10 0
tackle 45 20
Old 07-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #28
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I played around with Heisman quite a bit today and I've decided it's not for me yet again this year. Just like in every year in the past it seems like whenever you're playing an equally matched team they always have an upper hand against you.

No matter what the sliders are set to, you're guaranteed one play per game when they will bust a long TD run where everyone gets suction cup-blocked and you can't do anything. Back to AA for me...........

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #29
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Let me know how it goes
Old 07-19-2007, 11:29 PM   #30
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

played a couple games with your heisman sliders and have gotten likable results. I'm in my wisconsin dynasty.

First game i lost 42-55 to UNLV. Decent upset, but i didnt feel cheated when i lost, i felt like i got outplayed, which is always a good thing.. I had 5 turnovers. UNLV only turned it over once on an interception.

UNLV also runs a crazy offense. I never knew what to expect. They run every play out of shotgun, and mix up the handoff,pass, and option a lot. They also threw in some PA. very confusing.

Second game i won, 55-6 against some 1AA school. So it was expected to be a blowout. I was very happy to win by this much, good to see a big difference in playing good and bad teams.

I'll try another game or two and come back with results and feedback.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #31
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
played a couple games with your heisman sliders and have gotten likable results. I'm in my wisconsin dynasty.

First game i lost 42-55 to UNLV. Decent upset, but i didnt feel cheated when i lost, i felt like i got outplayed, which is always a good thing.. I had 5 turnovers. UNLV only turned it over once on an interception.

UNLV also runs a crazy offense. I never knew what to expect. They run every play out of shotgun, and mix up the handoff,pass, and option a lot. They also threw in some PA. very confusing.

Second game i won, 55-6 against some 1AA school. So it was expected to be a blowout. I was very happy to win by this much, good to see a big difference in playing good and bad teams.

I'll try another game or two and come back with results and feedback.
Seems like your offense is putting up some points which is always nice to see on Heisman. I'm hoping there can be some decent defensive battles with these as well. Did you play 9 minute quarters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #32
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Let me know what your results are. Awareness at 25 and INT at 0 still cause a lot of picks. I don't know what else to do.
I think to lower the amount of INTs thrown by CPU, you may need to raise QB ACC a notch or two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »