Home

PS2 CPU vs CPU Sliders (cdcool)

This is a discussion on PS2 CPU vs CPU Sliders (cdcool) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PS2 CPU vs CPU Sliders (cdcool)

Yes you change the offense type for that game but change it back when you're done.

As far as conservative for the whole FBS the entire season that's your call. Conservative at maximum basically makes the offense drive down the field and defenses take away the big play with deep coverage defenses, forcing more execution rather than huge plays.

And even the "super aggressive" coaches you see people on TV talk about aren't really all that aggressive if you think about it. Sure they throw blitzes every now and then but for the most part they make sure there's someone deep to not look like a jackass when they throw it on a deep route with single coverage. It's a pride thing they don't want TV announcers going "Why don't they have someone making sure that doesn't happen?" Bad PR LOL.

I remember seeing an Excel format spreadsheet in 05 that had all the offenses and defenses maxed conservative with some coaches a little more aggressive than others. That's probably the most realistic way to go.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
[Quote from Jakers22TB] I've noticed also that CPU vs. CPU playcalling for either team tends to prioritize the most experienced players on offense and their respective area, especially in high pressure situations or when the offense is really aggressive. [End of Quote]

Jakers22TB, Thanks for the info. I will continue my quest as I started, I can live with fact that teams will use ther best players to make plays.
Yeah it's definitely the biggest factor in the game for the offense.

As far as I can tell, if you have an impact QB, WR, or TE at any point the ball will be thrown more often even if you have an impact running back and a balanced scheme. That explains how USC passed the ball so much in that test game a while back. If you have a stud running back they'll run it more consistently, but I've noticed that it also depends on the tendency as determined by their ratings. If they're speed like a Reggie Bush or Jamaal Charles, I've seen them split out wide a lot and they don't get all that many carries. Jorvorskie Lane on the other hand gets at least 20 carries a game, probably because he's a 20000 pound bowling ball power back.

Anyway, the system they have favors the pass in most situations which, in my opinion, isn't realistic for every team. Even if they have a stud QB, Ohio State is still going to run the football. Last season, and I guarantee you if Smith was in this edition this season, Ohio State passed way too much for my taste, even if it is Smith and Ginn as impact players. Notice that Ginn, for all his athleticism, disappered in some games in his career. That's because Tressel doesn't abandon the run - ever. Scheme is still really important it's not just about your impact players, which is why I've been tinkering with settings a bit.

Heads up about Madden for everyone that CPU vs. CPU's, it's BAD ***. The weapons system they put in is perfect for CPU vs. CPU, which is basically a more refined impact players system. The coaching settings are adherent to their %s and you'll see teams establish the run if that's their philosophy. I tested the Texans and the Titans and the running game was just as pronounced as the passing game, which is how the NFL goes. I didn't even need to adjust sliders that's how on the spot it is.

If you think about it, the same system can (and should) be applied to NCAA. The weapons idea is a football personnel management idea not just a pro football thing. "Impact player" can mean a lot of different things and with weapons, that idea of an impact player becomes utilized specifically at each position, not just 3 players on the field for each team. In the previous example I cited, Jamaal Charles would be a speed back and used accordingly, Lane as a power back, but with that system other players on the offense that play a big role wouldn't be given non impact player A.I., Colt McCoy being the perfect example. This kid is awesome, rewrote Texas records and will write even more, but isn't an impact player this season. Limas Sweed is a first day pick easily but he's not as important as McCoy. In a weapons system like Madden, NCAA would be able to account for McCoy, Sweed, Charles, Sergio Kindle (big time recruit linebacker prospect), Rashad Bobino and Derek Lokey (senior leadership guys), and the freakishly talented Jermichael Finley who is going to be a Vernon Davis like TE prospect. They could make it a more college football specific system too, with different roles like super recruit, two way player, and a ratings boost for awards won in previous seasons like All-conference or All-American, throwing in team distraction wrinkles that add to the challenge if you mess up a promise, don't play him enough, etc. etc.

Last edited by Jakers22TB; 08-18-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Heaf can you post your sliders? I would like to give them a try....thanks....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound1981
Hey Heaf can you post your sliders? I would like to give them a try....thanks....
Try to get those on tonight.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #53
Rookie

Qtr Length: 8 minutes
Skill: Varsity
HFA: On

OFFENSE:
QBA 65
PBK 65
WRC 45
RBA 70
RBK 80

DEFENSE:
AWA 40
KND 99
INT 0
BBK 50
TKL 50

SPECIAL TEAMS:
FGL 0
FGA 0
PL 50
PA 99
KOL 90

I use these in Dynasty with some adjustments to the Coaching sliders. I raise the Off Run/Pass ratio 5% in favor of Run unless team is already over 60%. I also raise the OFF Conservative by 20% so there are not as many bombs attempted. More short passing game. I have gone back and forth on HFA. Right now I am leaving it on.

Here are a list of some games I have recently played with these settings:

USC 56, Idaho 10
Tennessee 24, Cal 21
TCU 55, Baylor 10
Oregon 34, Houston 14
BYU 38, Arizona 35
Texas 28, Arkansas State 21 (this one was the weirdest one)

Highest score I've seen is Texas Tech's 62 vs SMU. Probably not that out of whack. Hope these work for you.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:28 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 14

What does HFA stand for?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
What does HFA stand for?
Home Field Advantage
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

Heaf you only posted one side of the sliders. What are the cpu's/hum?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »