Home

Old 11-09-2008, 01:10 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Heisman 101

I made some updates to the sliders. One was I lowered cpu knockdowns from 100 to 90. This is to open up the deep ball a tiny bit, while also trying to lower the linebacker super jump interceptions across the middle.

The next slider changes were lowering cpu running back ability from 60 to 55. The reason was that running back ability sliders affect the speed of not only a halfback, but a QB running an option, and also a wide receiver who gains yards after the catch.

I found that at 60 the wideouts became too fast after the catch, resulting in one tackle misses turning into 80 yard sprints for TD's. At 55 the cpu backs will still be able to make plays, but the after burner jets for the wideouts and backs have been toned down a bit.

To compensate for the running backs speed being lowered I increased cpu run block from 90 to 95.

The changes have been made in the first post of the thread.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I am really liking your sliders but i am still seeing that the cpu qb is pretty much spot on with every pass and the cpu recievers are breaking coverage with ease. I also think that the cpu running game is a bit tough to stop. Those are really the only issues i am having so far.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I am really liking your sliders but i am still seeing that the cpu qb is pretty much spot on with every pass and the cpu recievers are breaking coverage with ease. I also think that the cpu running game is a bit tough to stop. Those are really the only issues i am having so far.
For the QB issue I would recommend lowering cpu QB accuracy from 45 to 40. The lowest I've seen folks use is 35 and for good reason, lower than that and the cpu just throws tons of lame duck interceptions. 40 should be good enough to tone down the QB to your liking.

As for the running game, you can tone that down by bringing running back ability down from 55 to 50. This will also help lower the top speed of cpu wide receivers after the catch.

Also you can lower cpu run block from 95 to 90 and see how that goes.

I would recommend just lowering cpu run block to 90 and see how that goes, if that isn't enough then lower running back ability to 50.

So in short: QB accuracy- 40 (from 45)
Run block-90 (from 95)
Running back ability- 50 (from 55)

Try those adjustments and see if the game is better for you. If over time the game ever gets too easy with them, you could always go back to the default sliders.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #20
All Star

JayD's Arena

thanks man i'll give them a shot. you have cpu rba at 60 in the first post on this page. Is that right or is it 55? What are your most up to date sliders?

Last edited by JayD; 11-11-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
thanks man i'll give them a shot. you have cpu rba at 60 in the first post on this page. Is that right or is it 55? What are your most up to date sliders?
The most up to date sliders are on the very first post of the thread. The other slider pages after that were previous updates I made as the sliders evolved.

The new current default running back ability is at 55. I reduced it from 60 to lower the top speeds of receivers and backs after the catch.

The key stats I lowered was reducing running back ability from 60 to 55 for the cpu. CPU knockdowns was reduced from 100 to 90. Also run block for the cpu was increased from 90 to 95.

So the new defaults are

CPU run block (95)
Cpu running back ability (55)
Cpu knockdowns (90)

These updates are also on the very first page of the thread, all the other slider pages found in this thread should be ignored, its the first page that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #22
Banned

Berliner's Arena

I think I'm gonna try these sliders as my AA sliders are getting to easy I suspect based on my last performances.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #23
All Star

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudiousSquid
The most up to date sliders are on the very first post of the thread. The other slider pages after that were previous updates I made as the sliders evolved.

The new current default running back ability is at 55. I reduced it from 60 to lower the top speeds of receivers and backs after the catch.

The key stats I lowered was reducing running back ability from 60 to 55 for the cpu. CPU knockdowns was reduced from 100 to 90. Also run block for the cpu was increased from 90 to 95.

So the new defaults are

CPU run block (95)
Cpu running back ability (55)
Cpu knockdowns (90)

These updates are also on the very first page of the thread, all the other slider pages found in this thread should be ignored, its the first page that matters.
AH! I was using the rba at 60 need to check out the first page i guess. For the penalties i set them all at 95, just seems like you get more set at 95

Last edited by JayD; 11-11-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #24
Banned

Berliner's Arena

I played a game as Texas Vs. Baylor at Texas. FINAL SCORE: Texas 38- Baylor 10 Team Stats Baylor: Total Offense- 256 Rushes-Yards-TD: 28-75-1 Comp-Att-TD: 18-20-0 Passing Yards- 181 Fumbles lost- 1 INT- 2 Texas: Total Offense- 349 Rushes-Yards-TD: 31-85-2 Comp-Att-TD: 18-25-3 Passing Yards- 264 Fumbles lost- 0 INT- 1 Time of pocession for both teams was, Baylor: 12:05 and Texas 15:59 Compare this to the actual game last week. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=283130251 WHAT THE FCKIN ****, IT WONT ALIGN MY STATS LIKE I TYPED IT! can someone please do this thanks.

Last edited by Berliner; 11-12-2008 at 07:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »