Home

Old 11-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #25
Banned

Berliner's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Heisman 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner
I played a game as Texas Vs. Baylor at Texas. FINAL SCORE: Texas 38- Baylor 10 Team Stats Baylor: Total Offense- 256 Rushes-Yards-TD: 28-75-1 Comp-Att-TD: 18-20-0 Passing Yards- 181 Fumbles lost- 1 INT- 2 Texas: Total Offense- 349 Rushes-Yards-TD: 31-85-2 Comp-Att-TD: 18-25-3 Passing Yards- 264 Fumbles lost- 0 INT- 1 Time of pocession for both teams was, Baylor: 12:05 and Texas 15:59 Compare this to the actual game last week. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=283130251 WHAT THE FCKIN ****, IT WONT ALIGN MY STATS LIKE I TYPED IT! can someone please do this thanks.
Can someone please align my stats, it won't let me do it when I submit it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #26
Banned

Berliner's Arena

I've noticed sometimes CPU turns into "Super Quarterback". What I mean is even at CPU QB ability set at 40, sometimes they still throw for 70% and above and this is average quarterbacks, not a Mark Sanchez or Colt McCoy. Is there anyway to balance this without having CPU being the opposite and just throwing picks all game?.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #27
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

^^I have seen this as well. at half time of my last game the Uconn QB went 12-14 for 170yds.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #28
Rookie

The high QB percentage is a result of the computer teams running spread offenses and throwing alot of short yardage passes. The short yardage throws are going to increase the QB percentage.

The only two options are lowering the QB accuracy to the point where the QB just throws picks, or messing with each of the teams aggression sliders hoping they throw deep more.

The other option is of course to recruit very talented defensive backs across the board. If you can get fast and able defensive backs then you can really begin to slow down the passing attack of the cpu.

I've played with these sliders for many seasons now and once you recruit an elite defense you really see the difference.

The high QB percentage doesn't bother me too much as the yards after catch aren't that big, most of the time. Also it keeps the computer in the game.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #29
Banned

Berliner's Arena

I just played two more games with these sliders. I started a two team dynasty with Ball St. and San Diego St. First game was Navy at Ball St.

In this game Ball St. won 24-21 . This game was just as expected. Navy rushing for over 160 yards and Ball St. passing for over 270.

Second game was San Diego St. at Notre Dame. I won 12-7 and Jimmy Clausen straight up struggled, I sacked him 5 times and on offense I managed 2 field goals and a Touchdown in which I failed the 2 point conversion. It was a nasty game and points were at a premium but I scored the upset at South Bend.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner
I just played two more games with these sliders. I started a two team dynasty with Ball St. and San Diego St. First game was Navy at Ball St.

In this game Ball St. won 24-21 . This game was just as expected. Navy rushing for over 160 yards and Ball St. passing for over 270.

Second game was San Diego St. at Notre Dame. I won 12-7 and Jimmy Clausen straight up struggled, I sacked him 5 times and on offense I managed 2 field goals and a Touchdown in which I failed the 2 point conversion. It was a nasty game and points were at a premium but I scored the upset at South Bend.
Glad you're having fun with the game and sliders. I've been having fun with Heisman this year as it is more playable than years past.

The only thing I don't like about Heisman is the occasional game where the cpu will use the "Greased Pig" and the "choke slam" animations all game long to generate big 70 plus yard plays.

The animations are where no one on your team can tackle the one running back, 3 or 4 guys just slip off the back. Or the running back choke slams 3 or 4 guys to the ground, even defensive tackles. Almost as if the game says "Hey you're programmed to lose this game, nothing you can do about it, its fixed."

But overall the good outweighs the slight bad, as Heisman allows for more close competitive games with the CPU.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #31
Banned

Berliner's Arena

I was San Diego St. and just lost at San Jose St. 31-14 and I threw a pick for a TD which was clearly my fault. I also turned over the ball at the opponents 15 yard line with 3 minutes left while going for it on 4th down. So I had my chances and I made a stupid mistake that cost me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #32
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

would rasing the human awr up 5 make a big difference to the cpu qb high completion %? Or will this cause more problems with excessive human interceptions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »