Home

I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels.

This is a discussion on I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels.

I have a Heisman dynasty going.

I have an All American dynasty going.

And I have a Varsity dynasty going.

And I have to say....I'm having the most fun and best games on Varsity.

Anyone else involved in different ODs on different difficulty levels? Any preferences?

When you are playing them simultaneously, you can really see the differences between them.

I'm using a hybrid of mudtiger's Varsity sliders on our Pac 10 Varsity Dynasty and I lost to USC 35-24 as Oregon. The CPU played a great game, and Joe McKnight had 31 rushes for 150 yards and 3 TDs.

The biggest thing is the fact that I get a pass rush and the CPU QB isn't ROBO QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

Anyone else involved in different ODs on different difficulty levels? Any preferences?

When you are playing them simultaneously, you can really see the differences between them.

I'm using a hybrid of mudtiger's Varsity sliders on our Pac 10 Varsity Dynasty and I lost to USC 35-24 as Oregon. The CPU played a great game, and Joe McKnight had 31 rushes for 150 yards and 3 TDs.

The biggest thing is the fact that I get a pass rush and the CPU QB isn't ROBO QB.
Can you post the sliders?
Old 09-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

both factors that you posted above are advantages for you on varsity and now the CPU, how in the world can you be getting better games vs. the CPU on this level? getting a better pass rush on the CPU and their QB throwing worse just makes the game easier for HUMANS. IMO, the computer needs these cheats to counter its play calling.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
both factors that you posted above are advantages for you on varsity and now the CPU, how in the world can you be getting better games vs. the CPU on this level? getting a better pass rush on the CPU and their QB throwing worse just makes the game easier for HUMANS. IMO, the computer needs these cheats to counter its play calling.
Because unlike you, I'm going for a realistic game...and not a "hard" game.

I get a pass rush, which allows for more errant throws, etc. It allows for my D line to be a factor.

I don't have CPU QBs who know exactly where I'm blitzing from everytime. And I don't see my D line get pancaked over and over and over.

Like I said....I play 3 different ODs on 3 different levels. I have had the most fun and most competitive (i.e. not feeling "cheap" games on varsity)

The CPU playcalling isn't much worse than it is on Heisman. How is that? Well..I've lost games on Varsity. And I'm a good NCAA player. So obviously, something must be working.

How is this hard for you to understand?

But hey, you guys that are in the "make it HARD" crowd can keep on trucking with your Heisman cheat fests. Whatever makes the game more enjoyable for you.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Because unlike you, I'm going for a realistic game...and not a "hard" game.

I get a pass rush, which allows for more errant throws, etc. It allows for my D line to be a factor.

I don't have CPU QBs who know exactly where I'm blitzing from everytime. And I don't see my D line get pancaked over and over and over.

Like I said....I play 3 different ODs on 3 different levels. I have had the most fun and most competitive (i.e. not feeling "cheap" games on varsity)

The CPU playcalling isn't much worse than it is on Heisman. How is that? Well..I've lost games on Varsity. And I'm a good NCAA player. So obviously, something must be working.

How is this hard for you to understand?

But hey, you guys that are in the "make it HARD" crowd can keep on trucking with your Heisman cheat fests. Whatever makes the game more enjoyable for you.
hear that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

Basically it boils down to this saying "to each his own".

I agree that Varsity has the best pass rush but there is no level that is "perfect". Play on Varsity, you get a pass rush and can have a good game against the CPU offense but your own offense becomes too easy. Play on Heisman, it's a good challenge, but the robo QBs are there and pass rush isn't.

To me there is no best level, it's pick your poison.

I play on Heisman and there are pros & cons just like any other level. For what I want out of this game it has the best mix. On the other levels offense doesn't feel rewarding.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Can you post the sliders?
Yeah AA, can you post the sliders?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

AA, try my heisman sliders out, HFL slider thread, post what you think. I have posted alot of game results and we use sliders for OD games with good results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »