Home

Trinity's All-American post patch sliders

This is a discussion on Trinity's All-American post patch sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #73
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Trinity's All-American post patch sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxentine
What was funny is that they passed a lot at the start of the game and began to run in the 4th when they were down by 2 scores, at which point McKnight started gutting my defense.

I just played a game (Miami vs. Minnesota) and Minny didn't really run until they were down by 13 in the 4th. I thought it was strange and chalked it up as a rare occurrence but if it happened to you as well then who knows. I wish there were some tendency sliders to make the CPU run the ball more often because when they did run they did it effectively, but they only had 13 carries the whole game.

I put these sliders on heisman and then made some adjustments and I ran all over them, I had like 220 yards on 44 carries (alot of which came when I was chewing the clock in the end of the 3rd/entire 4th)

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 07-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't checked yet but in last year's edition there was a Run/Pass slider that someone tweaked because it was calculated incorrectly.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay did USC @ FSU. I think these sliders are pretty damn good as this game was another good one.

USC - FSU

Score: 12 - 17
First Down: 14 - 12
Total Offense: 267 - 212
Rushes/Yds/TD: 26/67/0 - 35/40/1
Comp/Att/TD: 17/33/0 - 12/27/1
Passing Yds: 200 - 172
Turnovers: 1 - 3
Penalties: 4/40 - 8/70
TOP: 11:27 - 27:39

Don't let the low rushing yards fool you the run game was in effect and the low output was due to so many sacks. THe CPU RB had 81 Yds on 22 attempts for a 3.6 ypc avg, my RB hdaa 71 yds on 20 carries for a 3.5 ypc avg so it was okay.

Passing was frantic because I was constantly under pressure and so was the CPU QB. I was sacked 8 times and threw 3 picks and the CPU was sacked 3 times and tossed 1 INT and countless dead ducks as he was getting dropped while he released the ball.

The CPU had two 20+ yard runs that was called back because of holding, one being a touchdown scamper. I was getting called for holding often and as usual false starts.

So unless you alter your sliders significantly I think I am going to stop posting results from my games. This slider set seems pretty solid with the only complaint being the 55 CPU blocking affecting the KO returns but I don't see a way around that so whatever, I still haven't supersimmed the KOs and bring them down, just gotta be smart and not try to lay big hits all the time and just look to bring the returner down. Good work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 09:46 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 37

I just played a dynasty game (SFU) TEAM BUILDER versus Utah State... 52-7 for me.... UGLY GAME!!!!!!! I have to change some sliders as some results are still not to my satisfaction.

1. I have moved my WR to 45 because there are just too many drops. I don't want to move the QB to 40 but I am now passing at about 52% and against cupcakes, that's just too low.

2. My rush D... I am moving it to 40 as the cpu run game is pretty bad, especially against non top 25 teams. This may have to go to 45 against top 5 teams though...???

3. I am moving clipping and holding to 50, YES THAT'S RIGHT 50... there are just too many of these calls.

4. Still seeing moments of robo-QB. The QB release is just soooo fast... I guess there is nothnig we can do about that.

Just my thoughts...
Old 07-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #77
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I think I'm pretty well set with these sliders now guys.. I'm going to play a few more games with the ones I have posted now without making any changes, and I'll post results of all 3 games later on(probably by sat or sunday night). Thanks for the feedback, much apreciated!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #78
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I just played a dynasty game (SFU) TEAM BUILDER versus Utah State... 52-7 for me.... UGLY GAME!!!!!!! I have to change some sliders as some results are still not to my satisfaction.

1. I have moved my WR to 45 because there are just too many drops. I don't want to move the QB to 40 but I am now passing at about 52% and against cupcakes, that's just too low.

2. My rush D... I am moving it to 40 as the cpu run game is pretty bad, especially against non top 25 teams. This may have to go to 45 against top 5 teams though...???

3. I am moving clipping and holding to 50, YES THAT'S RIGHT 50... there are just too many of these calls.

4. Still seeing moments of robo-QB. The QB release is just soooo fast... I guess there is nothnig we can do about that.

Just my thoughts...

I'm confused?? If the CPU rushing is that bad, why would u move the HUM rush defense slider up? I have it at 40 right now , along with 55 run block for the CPU, seeing pretty solid results with those right now. Maybe u made a typo or I'm reading it wrong, i dunno *shrugs*

About the robo QB, there's not uch you can do about it honestly. The pass rush slider is set to 100 for HUM, and set to 0 for CPU pass block, along with 95 pass coverage to compensate as much as possible for robo qb. cpu just release the ball way too fast at times.

The game needs a serious overhaul like madden did by slowing the game down. This game needs to slow down(reminds me of Madden 09 alot when it comes to this)
Old 07-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #79
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

First off, thanks Trinity for getting this slider set up and running I am really liking what I am seeing. I also wish they could slow the game down it just feels out of control at times, nevertheless this is what we have.

I have played two games with these but didn’t get the stats for the first game, which was UNLV (me) v. Nevada. Those two teams are pretty even but Nevada beat me by 14. I tend to run the ball more than pass but couldn't really get going with UNLV. I threw 4 interceptions and Nevada's QB (who is a 91) just shredded my terrible pass D. I was a little concerned about the robo qb and not being able to run the ball with UNLV so I switched to Washington for the 2nd game.

Wash - Nev

Score: 48 - 21
FD's: 26 - 5
Rush att/yds/td: 65-306-4 / 20-13-2
Pass comp/att/td/yds: 13-24-1-148 / 12-19-0-93
Turnovers: 1 fum 3 int / 1 int
Sacks: 3 - 4
Drops: 2 - 5
Penalties: 5-50 / 3-11

After playing with Washington my worries were alleviated. I was able to dominate on the ground with the better team and slow Nevada's passing game way down. I did K/O to them on accident a few times, which lead to one of their scores.

By the way I missed the INT slider so they remained at default which might explain the 3 picks although the pass rush was pretty heavy most of the game from the CPU.

I will post more when I get the time.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played a 9 min quartersgame as Clemson against Southern Cal and overall I liked these sliders. The final score was USC 51 Clem 31 but I was down 38 / 31 with under 2 min to go and turned it over on downs so I had to gamble and gave up 2 touchdowns (1 on an all out blitz that they broke for a TD and I threw a pick 6).

The running game was great, I avg 4 yds a carry with Spiller (96 back) and had 18 carries, CJ Gable avg'd more but he had two long runs that resulted by my poor tackling

What I really like about these sliders is the inconsistency of the passing game. Neither QB was all that experienced so our passing games struggled. There were a fair amout of dropped passes (most while being hit) and there were some errant throws which I don't remember seeing in past versions of the game.

The penalties were a little high (I knocked holding and facemask down a notch or two at half) and I still had 10+ penalties.

One thing I did notice though... was we each had 6+ sacks, but that may have been a factor of 9 min quarters.

My only complaint was that I fumbled 4 times and they fumbled 3 times. All in the 1st half (perfect weather too). I changed my Off game plan to Conservative... would that have had that much impact on fumbling?

Overall great sliders... I think I am going to move back to 8 min quarters and try again. Thanks man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »