Home

Playmakers NCAA 10 Varsity Sliders (360)

This is a discussion on Playmakers NCAA 10 Varsity Sliders (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #9
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Playmakers NCAA 10 Varsity Sliders (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Unfornatley as of right now I don't plan on doing multiple sliders anymore for each level.

I'm hoping to find the best game play balance on Varsity level as I'm a firm believer now that if you can find the right combinations of sliders on this level it can play a competive game of football....and if that doesn't work then I'll fix it through ratings and make it work....

But seriously I just love the feel of Varsity level in terms of seperating teams and players.
as long as it's as competitive as the AA sliders you posted for previous iterations, i'm curious to try them out.

Last edited by deagledan; 07-21-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 AM   #10
Rookie

AC006299's Arena

OVR: 6

the most fun (and pretty realistic) games i have played on NCAA '10!!!!

Stanford (me) vs. UC Davis
Final: Stanford 45 UC Davis 24
Yards: 525---217
Rush: 144---1
Pass: 381---216
3rd: 8/12---1/11
4th: 2/2---1/3
TO: 3---1
TOP: 21:08---8:59

UC Davis took a 21-7 lead early in the 2nd after scoring on a fumble for a TD and 2 pick 6's. Stanford tied it up 44 seconds before the half on a 3 yd TD run by Toby Gerhart.

In the 3rd Quarter, Tavita Pritchard hooked up with Jim Dray twice for TDs to push the score to 38-24 after 3 quarters. The 4th was smooth sailing and an TD by fullback Owen Mericic with 2:24 to go sealed the result 45-24 Cardinal!

With out the turnovers it would have been 45-3 but one of the picks and the fumble were my fault it was a great game cant wait to use these sliders again!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
are you not too good ?
i mean i bet if you play with a Weak team you could win any powerhouse you want.

i just don`t see how can be possible to have a challenging game on this level

speciall since you don`t have the patch.
OK I've made great progress with the Varsity sliders. I had to start low on most settings and then work my way up because I needed to factor in the ratings of the players.

Basically what I did and it's been pretty damn succesful for me in years past but mostly on AA Level or Heisman Level. Well I just took the highest overall rated player at most posistions and came up with a percentage that I felt would translate over to the actual game play on the field.

It's kinda confusing but not that difficult to understand.

At QB I used Texas Colt McCoy because he has the highest overall accuarcy in the game at 95. I take McCoy's 95 accuarcy and reduce him down to 80 accuarcy or a 15% decrease by using the QBA Slider instead of actually changing his rating in the game.

To get him down to 80 the slider had to be lowered to 35 but since each level in NCAA Football seems to have a small rating boost of about 5 percent the actual slider setting should be at 30 in order to adjust for the 5% rating boost.

WR was treated the same way the highest overall catch rating again was Dez Bryant at 95. Like McCoy I used him to set the highest overall I wanted in catching which is 80 again.....

The RB's were a little different because their ratings are increased in basically every area if you go up on the RBA Slider. It is the only slider that actually effects awareness, break tackles, juke move and ball carrier vision all at one time. For RB's I took the guy with the highest awareness Matt Asiata of Utah who has 88 awareness. The RBA Slider was increased only up to 55 or a 5% increase towards the players running skills. Now Asiata will have an awareness of 93 on the field but keep in mind his break tackle ability will go up from 89 to about 94 and Ball Carrier Vision up from 85 to 90.

For Kickers the guy with the best leg in terms of power is Kai Forbath of UCLA. Now we all know Kickers in college don't have the power or accuarcy as those in the NFL. Forbath is a 95 in power so what i did was figure out what seems reasonable for college kickers in terms of distance. I'd say about 50-52 yd's give or take should be reasonable enough for the colleg kids that do have strong legs.

So in that in case the FG Power slider actually had to be lowered down to zero. Basically I just reduced Forbath's power by 50% using the FG Power Slider. 95 - 50% = 47.5 but he gets the extra 5% boost on Varsity level which puts him back at 49.8 close enough to 50 for me.

Now having said all of that it means nothing if the game play sucks and Varsity level is not very challenging as you pointed out earlier in the thread to me.....all can say is test it out yourself and see how sliders can be used to manipulate any level IMO.

The revised version now looks this way with all changes taking the player ratings into consideration.

QBA-30/30
PASS BLK-0/45
WR CATCH-30/30
RBA-30/55 or 60
RUN BLK-55/80

AWR-0/100
KWDN-55/80
INT-5/55
BRK BLK-55/80
TKL-5/55

FG POWER-0/0
FGA-20/20
PNT POWER-0/0
PNT ACCUARCY-50/50
KO POWER-50/50

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-21-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 05:36 AM   #12
Life is short Pray hard!

Sundropjunkie's Arena

OVR: 12

Just copied these gonna give them a shot when i get home from work this afternoon!

XBL: Sundropjunkie

Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Volunteers,USC,Oregon
Atlanta Braves
Chicago Bulls

GT: Sundropjunkie
Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

Are the settings for 360 different to ps3 ? Its just that you have knds and break block listed while on ps3 you have pass rush and rush def.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC006299
the most fun (and pretty realistic) games i have played on NCAA '10!!!!

Stanford (me) vs. UC Davis
Final: Stanford 45 UC Davis 24
Yards: 525---217
Rush: 144---1
Pass: 381---216
3rd: 8/12---1/11
4th: 2/2---1/3
TO: 3---1
TOP: 21:08---8:59

UC Davis took a 21-7 lead early in the 2nd after scoring on a fumble for a TD and 2 pick 6's. Stanford tied it up 44 seconds before the half on a 3 yd TD run by Toby Gerhart.

In the 3rd Quarter, Tavita Pritchard hooked up with Jim Dray twice for TDs to push the score to 38-24 after 3 quarters. The 4th was smooth sailing and an TD by fullback Owen Mericic with 2:24 to go sealed the result 45-24 Cardinal!

With out the turnovers it would have been 45-3 but one of the picks and the fumble were my fault it was a great game cant wait to use these sliders again!
I don't like CPU rushing totals in those stats but maybe it's becuse they are a weak team

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
Are the settings for 360 different to ps3 ? Its just that you have knds and break block listed while on ps3 you have pass rush and rush def.
I'm not sure what that is all about to be honest. Unless they changed the name of sliders after the patch.

Those are names listed on 360 sliders

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm not sure what that is all about to be honest. Unless they changed the name of sliders after the patch.

Those are names listed on 360 sliders
Playmaker this is what the sliders are going to look like once the 360 gets patched.

OFFENSE
QB Accuracy
Pass block
WR catch
RB ability
Run block

DEFENSE
Pass Coverage
Pass Rush
Interceptions
Rush Defense
Tackling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »