Home

Is there a reason nobody plays 15 minute quarters?

This is a discussion on Is there a reason nobody plays 15 minute quarters? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #25
CPT
Banned

CPT's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is there a reason nobody plays 15 minute quarters?

for me it is as simple as weighing my options...

finish a game or be unemployed....if I am unemployed not only would the wife be very angry but I would have no electricity to turn on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 04:54 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 14

Wait....NCAA still hasn't developed an accelerated clock feature.

Wow.

I always play on the real quarter lengths in all sports games.....except with NCAA. Yet another year....
Old 08-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #27
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
Yeah, you may do that, but the problem lies with the CPU's clock management. They hike it too early, the latest I see them hike it, when they aren't chewing the clock, is at like 22

This is what they really need to work on. No one wants to sit around waiting for the CPU to pick plays but if the CPU took just 6 more seconds between the start of the clock to the snap the numbers would look better.

It is like every CPU team runs a no huddle

They should allow the CPU to take longer before the play is picked. The User can still jump to the game by selecting the D but give more time to review the D before the count down starts.

User could still move along the game but could also take their time and the clock would move.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 20

You can always change gameplan to conservative so the clock winds down faster (I believe takes it to 12 on the playclock)
Old 08-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #29
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

I usually play on 9-10 minute quarters and the games feel like full games to me. 7 minute quarters didn't quite do it for me. I would always feel like the game was over much too quickly but that might be because I run a pro offense and not a fast paced spread. I typically use the conservative tempo setting for most of the game so I use up a lot of the game clock.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #30
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Esquire
This is what they really need to work on. No one wants to sit around waiting for the CPU to pick plays but if the CPU took just 6 more seconds between the start of the clock to the snap the numbers would look better.

It is like every CPU team runs a no huddle

They should allow the CPU to take longer before the play is picked. The User can still jump to the game by selecting the D but give more time to review the D before the count down starts.

User could still move along the game but could also take their time and the clock would move.
They should just show the teams in the huddle while you're picking the play and then have the players waiting in the huddle for the call. This would make it more realistic as players don't get the call immediately in real life.

They could also show the players running on and off the field. This would be good as you can see what players the other team is subbing in and who they are subbing out.

They could also add different statistic screens to show while teams are huddled up. That way you could look at the statistics without having to pause the game and stopping the game and play clock.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
They should just show the teams in the huddle while you're picking the play and then have the players waiting in the huddle for the call. This would make it more realistic as players don't get the call immediately in real life.

They could also show the players running on and off the field. This would be good as you can see what players the other team is subbing in and who they are subbing out.

They could also add different statistic screens to show while teams are huddled up. That way you could look at the statistics without having to pause the game and stopping the game and play clock.
You mean like madden '92 did, and '93 and so on through the genisis years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
You can always change gameplan to conservative so the clock winds down faster (I believe takes it to 12 on the playclock)
Can this be set for the CPU?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »