Home

"Footballforever's Simple No Baloney Heisman Sliders"

This is a discussion on "Footballforever's Simple No Baloney Heisman Sliders" within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #129
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: "Footballforever's Simple No Baloney Heisman Sliders"

No I didnt dominate at all, they moved the ball at will on me but kept fumbling once they would get in the red zone. I am off tomorrow and want to leave the settings the same and play a bunch of games. I will report back tomorrow.
I think we have a really good set here, I did notice the cpu lb's no longer jump 20 feet in the air to pick off passes over the middle.
I would like to thank EA for the speed in putting out a great 2nd patch/tuner!
GOOD JOB!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think these sliders break the running game. I just can't get it going.

I average 3 yards per carry on avg with FSU. This is behind a veteran line with 3 players rated 90+ and an 89 overall back with 95 speed.

Somethin ain't right with these running sliders. Anyone know how to fix them?

I'm at slow speed with 40 threshold.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #131
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I would disagree about not being able to run, I ran for 188 yrds in my new dynasty with VA TECH with their starting RB. It is hard to run against good teams if you are a bad team, and easy to run if you are a good team vs a bad team.

I got in two games today.
I played my bowl game with IU vs S MISS and won 42-24, I out scored them 29-7 in the 4th. I really felt like I wore them down and then just dominated the 4th. I finished my season 7-6.
Stats
IU 42
total yrds 422
qb 17-28 306 yrds 2 td
rb 148 yrds 5.9 yrds per carry 1 td

So Miss 24
total yrds 348
qb 21-31 288 yrds 3 td
rb 88 yrds 4.8 yrds per carry

Game 2 (new dynasty with VA TECH)
I beat #5 ranked Boise St 27-17 with #7 ranked Va Tech.
I have played Boise twice now once with UCinn and once now with v tech and they just are not very good. I dominated both lines of scrimmage. I am not going to post players stats but I out gained them 488 yrds to 250. Again I only won by 10 but dominated.
I am super pleased with this set!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #132
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't had any problems running the ball with the new slider set. I'm doing a Dynasty with LSU and have been running the ball for 150+ yards every game. You have to work a little bit for the yards but once you get a rhythm going it's pretty easy to run the ball.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just played a game with Michigan State at Wisconsin. Overall, I like the sliders. I have played on the "Fast" setting in the past but welcome the "Normal" setting if it brings the most realistic gameplay.

A few things I noticed while using your updated sliders is that the computer didn't run the ball as effectively as they probably should have, and running was maybe a bit easy for me.

Also, I ended up with around a 55% completion percentage which is alright the opposing CPU's QB was like 28/32 or something ridiculous.

Lastly, I think interceptions is too low on the new setting as there was only 1 the whole game when there likely should have been more.

My suggestion for improvement then is to decrease Human running ability a smidgen, increase CPU running ability a bit, increase interceptions, and somehow reduce CPU completion % either by giving the Human a better pass rush or increasing the pass coverage of the Human.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #134
Banned

OVR: 8

just played a game with these sliders and it was a classic if it didnt feel so cheap. I was Penn St at Bama and was down 24-7 late in the third. I came back to tie the game at 24 a piece with 2 mins left and then of course came the unstopable bama offense that was non existent in the 2nd half. Now I understand the conservative gameplan aspect of being ahead in a football game but it was like once I tied this game momentum just completely shifted to bama and they drove at will. They scored with 38 seconds left and won every play call I made was completely wrong apparently and thats that. Great sliders man game engine IDK haha oh well a video game is a video game.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #135
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2

How are you guys finding these sliders for Human vs Human games?

I'm going to give these a try, but curious if anyone has any notes on User vs User games with these sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #136
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Just played a game in my FAU dynasty against Arkansas State with these sliders. Game played well, stats looked good at the end of the game, the score was higher than the stats reflected though with me winning 41-21, but an interception and fumble giving me only 20 yards for scores caused that.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »