Home

***NCAA 12 Release Day Sliders***

This is a discussion on ***NCAA 12 Release Day Sliders*** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #25
Rookie

Mergz1203's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ***NCAA 12 Release Day Sliders***

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX4531
I just finished my first game with sliders.

TCU (HUM) 38 SMU (CPU) 41

SMU stats were a little inflated, especially through the air. I used 7 minute quarters.
Yeah the best thing about these sliders is that every game is different. The next game might be a low scoring defensive struggle. Try a few more teams and games and let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #26
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Sorry man just signed up.. Wasn't aware thst was spamming .. I'll try ur sliders ppl seem to really like them.. Enjoy the game
Old 07-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Alright. Just got the game, DL the patch. Updated my sliders to this set and I will give them a test drive. I will let you know how good played or how bad I sucked and if these can work for me...and what tweaks I may make or not.

Thanks for posting these as a starting place.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #28
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I just played my first full game (having to work today sucked....) I tried out this slider set and it gave me a good game. I played as Georgia Tech at Arizona State (ASU's new Unis are sick...)

Anyways, I lost 17 to 7. Good competitive game. I few observations bullet-point style.

• You can actually run the option offense this year (though EA still seems to have issues with mimicking the FB up the gut). Likewise, you cannot pass effectively on more than 10 to go. GT ran for 35 carries for 200 yards and a TD.
  • Tackling looked very solid. I had plays where my guys bounced off of tackles, nearly got tripped up but kept their balance, and plays where my guys got creamed. It worked pretty much the same the other way around....but I will warn all, make judicious use of the hit stick or you will get burned.
  • Passing over the middle is way tougher this year. Zone defenses look much better than last year where I made my living on slants and crossing patterns.
  • The pass defense slider may require some downward tweaking. Defenders were a tad too good at deflecting passes. INTs look OK though (not that one game says much). ASU was only 15-33 passing for 193 yards.
  • ASU ran 58 offensive plays and GT ran 47 offensive plays (note that GT used a conservative tempo most of the game) using 8 minute quarters.
  • Only 1 penalty was called during the game (a hold)
Well, I am going to try out another game using different styles and see how it plays.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #29
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Ok here is what I did. I played a game just straight default and then used your set.

First game was FSU at Miami and they beat me 24-20. The game was good out of the box but some of the minor things you mentioned were their. Also being it was my very first game with NCAA 12 I was a little rusty too.

The next game I played UM at NC. NC has been a thorn in our side for years. I used your set and also had the game played with light rain.

NC jumped out to a 14-0 lead on a deep pass on their first drive. On my first drive I hit a nice seam route to get to their 20 then promptly threw a pick.

After trading punts I cranked up my running game with Lamar Miller and took over.

Long story short I won 38-20. My pass rush was sick. Only 2 INT's both by NC.

Some key stats

Total Offense

Mia - 391
NC 314

Rushing yards
Mia - 35 for 190 2 TD's
NC - 31 for 55 1 TD

Passing
Mia 13/24 3 TD's 201 yards
NC 15/22 2 TD's 259 Yards

Total yards

Mia - 531
NC - 442

Mia - 17:45
NC - 14:15

Lamar Miller player of the game 28 carries 191 yards 1 TD long carry 55 yards (td) 1 reception 57 yards and a TD (a beautiful seam delayed pattern coming out of the back field)
I used 8 minute quarters AA with your exact sliders. They felt great..and I will keep testing with many other match-ups as I await Buckeye and Gators rosters.

The game kicks all kinds of serious *** this year. Feels awesome. The tackling is a godsend.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-12-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #30
Rookie

Mergz1203's Arena

Glad you guys are liking them.

I'm really enjoying the variety I am seeing in the games from defensive slugfests to offensive shootouts to blowouts to back and forth close games. I think I'm ready to start my dynasty!

BTW if you need fully named rosters on the 360 use WifeHateXbox's.

Enjoy!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #31
Rookie

for a starter set these are very good sliders...will post stats later but job well done....only thing i can think of is cpu still struggles to run the ball...i may up the cpu run blocking up a bit...but appreciate the work you have done...now time to kick some @$$
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #32
Rookie

Mergz1203's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah92784
for a starter set these are very good sliders...will post stats later but job well done....only thing i can think of is cpu still struggles to run the ball...i may up the cpu run blocking up a bit...but appreciate the work you have done...now time to kick some @$$
I would suggest trying another game or two before you up CPU run blocking. The only reason I say this is that some games the CPU runs well and some not. Also with user tackling at 0 it might create a TON of big plays for the CPU in the run game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »