Home

Statistics and Sliders NCAA12

This is a discussion on Statistics and Sliders NCAA12 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Statistics and Sliders NCAA12

Hey,

Hope you don't mind I was putting together a spreadsheet for this game and put in a lot of what you posted. I'm still still looking to add things though and am not finished. So if anyone wants to help let me know.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA Football 2012 Info.zip (57.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 07-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #58
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

thanks again for everything and all of the testing. everyone should look at your coaching sliders and also your results to see how sliders impact the game before making their sets.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #59
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4

Houston (me) vs. Rice

Score: 28-21

Houston:

419 Total O

23 Rushes for 50 yards

35-55 passing for 369 yards

6 punts for an average of 46.7

4 penalties, 1 turnover (fumble)

Sacked Rice 8 times

Rice:

295 Total O

44 rushes for 117 yards

13-28 passing for 178 yards

3 penalties, 1 interception

6 punts for 40.7 average

Sacked Houston twice

Other notes:

Rice busted a few big runs which really boosted their yardage. User sacks/QB pressure were very high. With auto-sub at 90/95 for RB, my starter was done after 7 rushes. Rice got down to their 3rd string RB. I used the coach settings and let the computer pick the plays. Plays for this game should be above average as both are No Huddle teams. Rice missed one FG between 40-49 yards.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowbb2
Houston (me) vs. Rice

Score: 28-21

Houston:

419 Total O

23 Rushes for 50 yards

35-55 passing for 369 yards

6 punts for an average of 46.7

4 penalties, 1 turnover (fumble)

Sacked Rice 8 times

Rice:

295 Total O

44 rushes for 117 yards

13-28 passing for 178 yards

3 penalties, 1 interception

6 punts for 40.7 average

Sacked Houston twice

Other notes:

Rice busted a few big runs which really boosted their yardage. User sacks/QB pressure were very high. With auto-sub at 90/95 for RB, my starter was done after 7 rushes. Rice got down to their 3rd string RB. I used the coach settings and let the computer pick the plays. Plays for this game should be above average as both are No Huddle teams. Rice missed one FG between 40-49 yards.
Rice likley had better YPC and rushing yards than shown because of the sacks. I am going to update the front page with a lower pass rush setting for the human because it is clear everyone is getting too many sacks against the CPU. This should also help their completion %. Overall your game stats look pretty good.

For the future could you please post the penalty yards and not the number of penalties. I have average penalty yards per game stats for each team which is what is most important but not really total penalties given.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 6

With auto-sub at 90/95 for RB, my starter was done after 7 rushes. Rice got down to their 3rd string RB.

Can you please explain what you mean by this sentence. I have only played 1st halves so far in testing due to time limitations. Was your started done after 7 rushes and never came back despite not having an injury or was he done and never came back in for the issue last year of cumulative fatigue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys good thread..

Just wondering what level of player you guys are, and if you are looking for something MORE difficult why dont you make heisman sliders?

Just a question. New to the forum. thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #63
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
You add pass attempts and rushing attempts to generate the total number of plays. You had 77 plays for each side (154 plays total). Normal for a game with as many carries as you have recorded usually have 60 attempts per side in the real world. You might want to decrease quarter length by 1 minute.

The following are off:
1. Too low completion %: Might need to raise quarterback accuracy or pass coverage. Can you check how many drops your and CPU recievers had in that game (under player statistics for WR). There should not be more than 5 at most. If more than 5 may need to increase WR catching.

2. Running is wacked for CPU: Your rushing was fair but a little below NCAA average. CPU was awful. CPU is doing well against me in games but you may be better on defense against the run. I would recommend you increase CPU RB ability to 55 or 60 if already 55. If this doesn't correct the issue I would decrease Run defense slider for human to 55 and then 50. If you really saw no big plays you can up Run blocking but be very cautious as it leads to wacky results if made too high.
W. KentuckyWisconsin-me
0Score33
91st Downs14
100Total O384
32-31-0Rushing45-327-4
6--28--0C-A-TDs4--12--0
69P Yards57
5-16(31%)3rd Downs5-12(41%)
1-4 (25%)4th Downs0-0 (0%)
0-0 (0%)2pt0-0 (0%)
0-0-0(0%)Red Zone 4-3-1(100%)
1TO0
0Fum Lost0
1INT0
13PR Yds30
116KR yards31
229Total Yrd445
5-40.6Punts-Avg5-49.6
3 pen 28Penalties6 pen 75
14:56mT.O.P17:04m
3Sacks6
4Drops1

I didn't implement your suggestions yet. I wanted to see if there would be an improvement in the run game against a weaker cpu D. The running game was really good for me. I do plan on making adjustments but not as drastic as I thought. I might tune down the holding and roughing the passer penalties. I don't feel like Wisconsin should have five holding penalties against W. Kentucky. Gonna make some tweaks and post.
Michigan Wolverines (11 National Championships)
New York Rangers (4 Stanley Cups)
Old 07-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #64
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
With auto-sub at 90/95 for RB, my starter was done after 7 rushes. Rice got down to their 3rd string RB.

Can you please explain what you mean by this sentence. I have only played 1st halves so far in testing due to time limitations. Was your started done after 7 rushes and never came back despite not having an injury or was he done and never came back in for the issue last year of cumulative fatigue?
After about 6 or 7 rushes, no runningback's fatigue will return to 95, thus they are out for the rest of the game. Rice ran the ball more, so their first and second string RBs were done by the end of the third quarter. This seems to be no different than last year. I have found that 80 for sub-in is safe, and sometimes you can get away with 85. Formation subs work the best for RB rotation, but a good auto-sub set would be nice, especially for the D-Line. Just dont go above 85 for sub-in.

And for the penalty yards, mine were 45 and Rice's was pretty similar. Mainly holds and one Roughing the Passer.

And something else to consider, maybe adding a category for sub frequency on the Coach Settings since that is not fatigue-based substitution. And also, if you wanted to add the Defend Run/Defend Pass category to the coach settings, I could compile the statistics to find out how often each team was thrown on vs run on, if that makes sense. At least for subs, adjusting the coach settings seems a much more viable option. Just some suggestions though.

Last edited by lbowbb2; 07-16-2011 at 08:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »