Home

FistofRage's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: FistofRage's Heisman Sliders

Hey Fist I saw to tested out AA sliders. I am curious is CPU passing on Heisman better than AA? I am playing on AA but can't get the passing game realistic for the CPU. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Hey Fist I saw to tested out AA sliders. I am curious is CPU passing on Heisman better than AA? I am playing on AA but can't get the passing game realistic for the CPU. Thanks for your input.
To be honest, this is my biggest frustration. The AI will routinely go 6-19 or something like that no matter what level I have it on. I think they call passing plays that simply don't work alot of the time. Sometimes they can light me up, but its rare.

I basically have been testing with B rated defenses though and Mustangs rosters. The rosters may be the issue as most players speeds are lumped together in the high 80's.

My other major frustration is no fumbles. That seems to be hard coded, no sliders seem to do much with that either.
Post some results on these and let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 8

[quote=fistofrage;2043000855]To be honest, this is my biggest frustration. The AI will routinely go 6-19 or something like that no matter what level I have it on. I think they call passing plays that simply don't work alot of the time. Sometimes they can light me up, but its rare.

I basically have been testing with B rated defenses though and Mustangs rosters. The rosters may be the issue as most players speeds are lumped together in the high 80's.

My other major frustration is no fumbles. That seems to be hard coded, no sliders seem to do much with that either.
Post some results on these and let me know. Thanks.[/QUOTE

I have the same frustrations. Do you know how these will play in coach mode? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #60
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Absolutley love these sliders. Lost against OU and I was wisconsin and I couldnt stop their offense until the I made the right adjustments. Even then it was a chore that had me cussin. I ended up losing in the final secs but the one thing that kept me in it was that the cirrent settings you have has the AI giving up waaaaay to many homerun balls on backside fades. I mean nick toon had 238 yards and 2 TDs to go along with appenderis 135 with 2 TD's. At first it was an accident and then once it kept happening I kinda got a little bumbed. I did however expeirience a whole neew game with default sliders and of course the hum pass accuracy @60 with the AI @40. AI on heisman with these makes really good decisions. I mean really good. Landry jones caught me slipping in coverage and made the right reads as he does in real life which was awesome to see. Whaley also made me stay true to my LB lanes as he would often cut back and juke me on the floor for a nice run. Love heisman, just need to find a way to fix the long balls.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

^^^Unfortunately, the AI doesn't cover the streak patterns very well. I find that they are even worse on Heisman to some extent than they are on AA because they blitz the safety a little more on Heisman and try more jamming at the line, if the receiver gets behind them, its an easy 6.

I never use 4 verts, 5 wr sets, or pass plays that have a streaking slot receiver. Thats about all I can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #62
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

My Heisman coach sliders (based on SECelite3's) actually have the deep ball covered regularly.. but I still think that as coach the EA tuners are less aggressive.

My sliders have QBA & COVERAGE at Zero, WRC at 30 and INT at 25 and CPU / HUM COACH typically average 50% COMP. Bumping WRC to 40-50 and COMP goes closer to 60% as less passes are dropped when popped.

Not using any streaks and verts is silly considering the CPU may be in aggressive defense adjustment which pulls the coverage to LOS, at which time they deserve to get burned.

Heisman plays harder simply because the CPU "reads" your play calling better and typically has the right personnel on the field. This is evident when calling audibles from pass to run, back to pass ...
Old 10-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #63
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
^^^Unfortunately, the AI doesn't cover the streak patterns very well. I find that they are even worse on Heisman to some extent than they are on AA because they blitz the safety a little more on Heisman and try more jamming at the line, if the receiver gets behind them, its an easy 6.

I never use 4 verts, 5 wr sets, or pass plays that have a streaking slot receiver. Thats about all I can do.
See thats the deal though...I didnt run ANY shotgun plays, I ran ace backs trips right and I did the quick hit where the slant is ran on the single WR side and the streak is ran on the trips side. The other one was same formation only the play was seattle and the backside single WR running the streak is open. I run normal plays its just that if there is a streak it open because of the crazy over blitzing. I think what I am gonna have to do is do what NDalum is doing and make customn playbooks for 3-4 different types of defenses commonly in college football (I.E. 3-4, 4-3, 4-4 defenses) and remove the engage eight blitz and other types of **** fail blitzes.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
See thats the deal though...I didnt run ANY shotgun plays, I ran ace backs trips right and I did the quick hit where the slant is ran on the single WR side and the streak is ran on the trips side. The other one was same formation only the play was seattle and the backside single WR running the streak is open. I run normal plays its just that if there is a streak it open because of the crazy over blitzing. I think what I am gonna have to do is do what NDalum is doing and make customn playbooks for 3-4 different types of defenses commonly in college football (I.E. 3-4, 4-3, 4-4 defenses) and remove the engage eight blitz and other types of **** fail blitzes.
Hmmm, I use those plays quite often, normally I look for the shorter routes first but I do try to go deep 5 or so times a game. I'd say its usually met with about 20% accuracy on the deep ball with 1 in 5 seeming like its picked off. Its a pretty big risk reward.

Are you using Mustangs rosters? These keep the speed more in line.

Butr it is part of the AI playbook, if they are jamming the streak reciver, the Ai is in trouble.

You could up the AI pass rush slider to give you less time to throw deep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »