Home

Schnaidt1's NCAA 13 AA sliders

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's NCAA 13 AA sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #49
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Schnaidt1's NCAA 13 AA sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker

Auburn was the slightly better team and being at home probably should have won. Was the tale of two halves, as there were lots of points/yards in the 1H but the 2H I didn't get anything going and AUB kept shooting themselves in the foot. Sliders did seem solid but I'm considering amping up some offensive sliders because all my games have been low scoring.

I do like the randomness of the game. So far, the 2H can be totally different than 1H, which is different from years past. Another key was I didn't have any TO's, whereas my first two contests I had four each.

Still a work in progress for me.
Well me and you are right backwards. Mine have been barn burners. Especially the one I'm about to put up.
NBA: THUNDER
Old 07-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #50
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeVols16
Well me and you are right backwards. Mine have been barn burners. Especially the one I'm about to put up.
I was just thinking that. Every PS3/game disk is different imo. If I were you, let the whole game play out before changing settings. I thought the same as you did during my 21-7 1H lead @ AUB with Penn St, but the 2H I only gained like 25 total yards. Like I mentioned, I love the randomness.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #51
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

For this game, I used my Tennessee Vols, who should have a great passing game this coming season, against UNLV.

Tennessee Volunteers at UNLV Rebels
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tennessee Volunteers (USER)141421756
UNLV Rebels (CPU)141071544
Team Stats Comparison
TENNUNLV
Total Offense671479
Rushing Yards38-305-229-195-2
Passing Yards366284
First Downs2615
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards942633
Turnovers32
3rd Down Converstion1-62-12
4th Down Conversion1-20-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals6-5-04-2-1
Penalties1-102-10
Posession Time28:2115:08
Tennessee Volunteers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T. Bray22/3435352
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Lane191266.61
R. Neal1014114.11
D. Young3206.60
B. Bartholomew (FB)382.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M. Rivera (TE)916218.03
J. Hunter89511.81
D. Rogers410626.52
UNLV Rebels
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Herring22/3428442
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Cornett191075.61
C. Herring (QB)8799.81
B. Randle294.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
T. Mays69916.51
D. Davis55110.20
T. Cornett4153.70
E. Johnson38428.02

Well, this one was a barn burner. I used your default sliders with my two adjustments to CPU RB Ability & Pass Coverage. Though my defense did better in the 2nd half, they still gave up more points than I liked. UNLV had decent success with both running and throwing the ball. I didn't expect to shut them out, but I think them scoring 44 points on me is a little much. Though, one of their touchdowns was on a INT on my own side of the field, the other 34 points are still some-what concerning to me. I had high amounts of success with both running and passing. Had two RBs with over 100 yards on the ground, along with a TE & WR with over 100 yards in receiving and a 2nd receiver just short of 100 yards. I continually found my TE open, which I think may be due to my running success early. I hit Rogers on a DEEP pass off a Play-Action fake, which is nice to see, as I haven't had too many plays where my WR would burn a DB. My defense seemed immovable on some drives, but on most, they gave up yards in chunks, and I would either luck-out & stall them or cause a turnover to prevent them from scoring, but they almost always ended up within 20 yards of the redzone. Their offense was really balanced, which explains their success, but I just don't quite think they should have had THAT much success scoring wise.

I'm liking the sliders, but I'm wanting a few more lower-scoring close games, and not as many high-scoring close games. I use my own threshold setting, does it make that much difference in the overall gameplay? I use it anywhere from 25-35. And I play on Slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #52
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

Quote:
I was just thinking that. Every PS3/game disk is different imo. If I were you, let the whole game play out before changing settings. I thought the same as you did during my 21-7 1H lead @ AUB with Penn St, but the 2H I only gained like 25 total yards. Like I mentioned, I love the randomness.
For my first 3 games, I didn't touch the sliders & used a 25 threshold, and the first two were close. I won one of the games and lost the other. But the third game was an absolute butt whooping on me. I guess that's about how it should have went though, since Cal's defense was rated low and Ok St. has an explosive passing game.

On my 4th game, NMU @ Clemson, I only played the 1st qtr with the default sliders, and it seemed like NMU had too much success stopping me while I was using Clemson. I made my adjustments and the game played out a little more like I felt it should. I also bumped up my threshold to 35 at the beginning of the 2nd qtr.

For my next game, I'll go back to the default sliders, raise threshold, use two teams that are closely rated and see how it goes. What threshold are you using?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #53
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

Vol, I'm wondering what type of game you'd have if you played on the setting faster than slow game speed. What is it, medium? That's where I play and I don't have near the offense you do.

You probably noticed, I played as NCST versus Tenn (in ATL even) and Tenn beat me 36-23 in a good game. 9 min quarters I think.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #54
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeVols16
For my first 3 games, I didn't touch the sliders & used a 25 threshold, and the first two were close. I won one of the games and lost the other. But the third game was an absolute butt whooping on me. I guess that's about how it should have went though, since Cal's defense was rated low and Ok St. has an explosive passing game.

On my 4th game, NMU @ Clemson, I only played the 1st qtr with the default sliders, and it seemed like NMU had too much success stopping me while I was using Clemson. I made my adjustments and the game played out a little more like I felt it should. I also bumped up my threshold to 35 at the beginning of the 2nd qtr.

For my next game, I'll go back to the default sliders, raise threshold, use two teams that are closely rated and see how it goes. What threshold are you using?
I'll check my exact threshhold and game speed tomorrow and let you know. I'm exhausted. We'll get this figured out soon enough.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #55
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

Quote:
Vol, I'm wondering what type of game you'd have if you played on the setting faster than slow game speed. What is it, medium? That's where I play and I don't have near the offense you do.

You probably noticed, I played as NCST versus Tenn (in ATL even) and Tenn beat me 36-23 in a good game. 9 min quarters I think.
Yeah, I noticed. I was happy too! Haha.

I don't know, Normal is what Schnaidt1 has in the original post, so I'll set it at that for my next game, and bump the threshold to 50 and use his exact sliders.

I know we all can get this figured out and perfected. It would help if other people joined in and reported their outcomes too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #56
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

Okay, had a late nigh/early morning game to put up. I was Colorado State playing at Wyoming in the Border War.

Colorado State Rams at Wyoming Cowboys
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Colorado State Rams (USER)72131041
Wyoming Cowboys (CPU)28100038
Team Stats Comparison
CSUWYO
Total Offense509403
Rushing Yards43-115-328-129-0
Passing Yards394274
First Downs2513
Punt Return Yards2630
Kick Return Yards169223
Total Yards704656
Turnovers22
3rd Down Converstion5-152-10
4th Down Conversion1-41-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4-3-03-1-1
Penalties
Posession Time23:1912:41
Colorado State Rams
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
G. Grayson24/4239432
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Nwoke311183083
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
C. Gilmore811113.81
L. Greenwood46616.50
D. Vinson25929.51
Wyoming Cowboys
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Kirkegaard15/2321132
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Miller15825.40
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
B. Miller69415.62
D. Rufran39230.61
C. McNeil37324.31

I used the default sliders listed in the original post, put the game speed on Normal, and bumped the threshold to 50.
I don't know which made more of the difference, game speed or threshold, but this is the kind of game I really enjoy playing. Started off bad, went down 28-0 in the first, but managed to squeeze a TD in the final seconds of the 1st quarter. After that, I was playing catch-up. I had to play darn-near perfect on both sides, and I did. After giving up 28 in the first quarter, my defense really tightened up and started stalling Wyoming's offense, holding them to only 10 points in the final three quarters. As for my offense, they still had to score to make it a game. It was a real battle, a very fun & nail-biting battle all the way to the final seconds. Wittled away at my deficit, with 4th down on goaline with 00:22 left, I plowed the ball in for a game winning touchdown.

With this game, there were still a lot of points put up, but they didn't feel like they came as easy, which is good. And I had the right amount of success on both sides of the ball, and I liked that. I guess game speed and threshold make all the difference, so I will play a few more games with this game's setup and see how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »