Home

Threshold slider and wide open passing explained

This is a discussion on Threshold slider and wide open passing explained within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Threshold slider and wide open passing explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
Since it has been established that Heisman gives the CPU a speed advantage, it seems to me that default threshold would be ideal. Based on the research presented?
I'm playing on Heisman with default sliders and threshold and the CPU kills me in the screen game, yet DBs make cuts with the WR in man. It plays really well out of the box on default Heisman TBH.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
wrong does not give anyone a speed advantage. that was never said or established. its stricly awarness boost which effects angles and responsiveness (play recognition).
This is something I am definitely interested in. The game now has, for some mysterious reason, taken out the "Pursuit Angle" that EA bragged about last year or the year before. They've also taken out awareness for the CPU in catching passes near the sideline... so far, in my experience w/ '13 - and that covers 15 games - the CPU RB's, TE's and WR's will catch the ball and run right out of bounds.

What I don't understand is how EA can put something in the game, and then seemingly remove it thinking we won't notice.

So if there's something that will improve pursuit angles and CPU awareness, then I'm all for it.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
This is something I am definitely interested in. The game now has, for some mysterious reason, taken out the "Pursuit Angle" that EA bragged about last year or the year before. They've also taken out awareness for the CPU in catching passes near the sideline... so far, in my experience w/ '13 - and that covers 15 games - the CPU RB's, TE's and WR's will catch the ball and run right out of bounds.

What I don't understand is how EA can put something in the game, and then seemingly remove it thinking we won't notice.

So if there's something that will improve pursuit angles and CPU awareness, then I'm all for it.
your saying that players dont attempt to stay in bounds on the sidelines? damn, didnt even notice that. that would suck. it was very promoted last year.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
wrong does not give anyone a speed advantage. that was never said or established. its stricly awarness boost which effects angles and responsiveness (play recognition).

and based on the research presented you want to throw 90% completions and the never have the db's break on your passes?
This is a quote from Oraeon's testing from last year,"Difficulty: All-american (default game setting, speed testing shows statistic cheats for heisman and varsity, also the run glitch helps the human on varsity and helps the CPU on heismann this really is the only balanced mode)". Statistic cheats include numerical values not angles and recognition. So in fact I am not wrong. I do my research when it comes to NCAA football my friend. It still baffles how most slider makers call their sliders sim when a threshold of 0 makes players unreastically fast in regards to real world speeds! Which in my opinion, is completely contrary to "simulation".
Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32
Threshold does not give a speed advantage. It has nothing to do with the speed rating. It gives an acceleration advantage.

The ability to change threshold was introduced in 2011 with a little feature called locomotion which primarily deals with acceleration and player movement.

I have explained this on multiple occasions. It is a threshold for the acceleration rating. If you raise the threshold the players will accelerate at the same rate, regardless of their acceleration rating. Lower it and the rating becomes more significant.

This is why lowering the threshold seems to give players weight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #22
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
This is a quote from Oraeon's testing from last year,"Difficulty: All-american (default game setting, speed testing shows statistic cheats for heisman and varsity, also the run glitch helps the human on varsity and helps the CPU on heismann this really is the only balanced mode)". Statistic cheats include numerical values not angles and recognition. So in fact I am not wrong. I do my research when it comes to NCAA football my friend. It still baffles how most slider makers call their sliders sim when a threshold of 0 makes players unreastically fast in regards to real world speeds! Which in my opinion, is completely contrary to "simulation".
i promise you they removed he speed cheat three years ago. awarness was what was effected after that. which effects all the other stats like recognition and pursuit. it appears they are faster but its not speed its reaction time and angle. and i dont see where what he said makes you think the speed cheat is still in
Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #23
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
i promise you they removed he speed cheat three years ago. awarness was what was effected after that. which effects all the other stats like recognition and pursuit. it appears they are faster but its not speed its reaction time and angle. and i dont see where what he said makes you think the speed cheat is still in

Quote:

This is a quote from Oraeon's testing from last year,"Difficulty: All-american (default game setting, *speed testing shows statistic cheats for heisman and varsity*, also the run glitch helps the human on varsity and helps the CPU on heismann this really is the only balanced mode)". Statistic cheats include numerical values not angles and recognition. So in fact I am not wrong. I do my research when it comes to NCAA football my friend. It still baffles how most slider makers call their sliders sim when a threshold of 0 makes players unreastically fast in regards to real world speeds! Which in my opinion, is completely contrary to "simulation".

The part between the asteriks clearly states statistical cheats. What does that mean to you. SEC, if any sprinter can increase his start he is usually going to be faster!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
your saying that players dont attempt to stay in bounds on the sidelines? damn, didnt even notice that. that would suck. it was very promoted last year.
Yes. I've seen this in both AA and Heisman. The CPU will hit a RB/FB/TE/WR and if they are near the sideline, they run right out of bounds, just like in NCAA '08.

It's happened probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-35 times in 15 games... and each time it killed a drive by the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »