Home

SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

This is a discussion on SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #17
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
re: SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

SECElit3, I've been playing on default heisman. I've played about 3 games on heisman and I average 250 yds rushing. I play with MS State. The games on heisman are close. (I even lost one of the games) The running game is kind of ruining the experience for me.

That's when I came across your sliders. I like some of the things you did. The pass coverage seems to be better. Some of my passes where not on the money which I liked. But why pass when you can run the ball for 5 to 10 yds at a time. I didn't get a huge gainer running the ball, but like I said 5 to 10 yds. I know you just started with these sliders, but this is a big issue for me. I get this game every year, but thinking about canceling my pre-order for the first time since I can remember. I bought last year's game it was a big disappointment to me. This game has potential, but I don't know if sliders or the dev team can fix this issue. I just really disappointed in ea for not testing there games.

I just wish ea had competition.

Here's my stats on a jpeg file.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010415.jpg (477.8 KB, 1571 views)
Bulls
Old 07-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #18
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Just played with op sliders and here are impressions. I played in dynasty the cowboys classic lsu and tcu. I was lsu and won 27-17 it was 17 all entering the 4th and I opened it up with a kick return td

I loved the passing game. Spot on and u can put that to bed IMHO

Running game I felt that CPU Rb and QB running options were making dumb reads and running into traffic and defenders at times, as well as not hitting the holes that were blatantly there. I think the CPU running game needs to be beefed up a little bit to help their awareness and make them play natural. Even leaving run block at default 50 and run ability at 50 would suffice I believe. I found that it was difficult to get back to LOS on most running plays and especially to get the ball outside the numbers.

Specials I think punting is pretty good, saw some coffin corners and one punt JUST roll over the goal line. Kickoff might need to be moved to 45 to see realistic amount of touchback stats. I'm big on stats. Edit: field goal for CPU is not good IMO. They're missing ones they should make and the trajectory of ball is flat line.. Kicks should be high archers that usually have the distance but lack the accuracy. Try 75 power and 35 acc for kicking game for CPU!

Penalties are baddd this year.. Broken sliders right now if u ask me.

Pass rush was getting a lot of pressure but I feel like there should have been more sacks.. Avg 2 a game total combined. I'm thinking it should be more like 3-4.

And also noticing a lot of screens especially on third down by CPU. This is through 4 test games now.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

Last edited by Chedapalooza; 07-07-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32
Ok, guys thanks for the information and feedback. From what I am seeing, the passing game is fine, but the running game needs work. I'd like a few of you to play a few games on Heisman with the sliders as they are listed in the OP. Tell me How they feel with the increased difficulty level. That is how I was initially testing, but I decided to switch to All-American to try to fix the CPU attempts to kick field goals from mid-field.

I am also going to boost the threshold a bit. Look for changes there soon. Run block I believe currently is ok. If it is set any lower, you lose the double team blocks, and offensive linemen become mindless and make some pretty questionable decisions as to who to block. Tackling is good. I see a nice mix of wraps, gang tackles and big hits.

Last edited by SECElit3; 07-07-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby blue
SECElit3, I've been playing on default heisman. I've played about 3 games on heisman and I average 250 yds rushing. I play with MS State. The games on heisman are close. (I even lost one of the games) The running game is kind of ruining the experience for me.

That's when I came across your sliders. I like some of the things you did. The pass coverage seems to be better. Some of my passes where not on the money which I liked. But why pass when you can run the ball for 5 to 10 yds at a time. I didn't get a huge gainer running the ball, but like I said 5 to 10 yds. I know you just started with these sliders, but this is a big issue for me. I get this game every year, but thinking about canceling my pre-order for the first time since I can remember. I bought last year's game it was a big disappointment to me. This game has potential, but I don't know if sliders or the dev team can fix this issue. I just really disappointed in ea for not testing there games.

I just wish ea had competition.

Here's my stats on a jpeg file.
Where are you gaining most of your yardage. Is it to the outside, inside, option, triple option?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Where are you gaining most of your yardage. Is it to the outside, inside, option, triple option?

I'm in shotgun formation>spread flex>hb slam. Usually get 5 to 10 yds a carry. I've tried adjusting the sliders rushing defense for cpu at 100 on Heisman. I just think the game is broken. I don't think ea will be getting my money this year at least not the hard copy of game. I'm just fed up with this game. To many band aids to put on a gun shot wound.

I wish you nothing but the best on your slider testing. I hope you can change my mind. I really love college football...
Bulls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #22
Banned

Ok, so this one play mainly?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25
Loving this game thus far with the SP early release.

Gonna run with your set and see how it goes.

Having a fit trying to run the option effectively with GT playbook. Gonna keep at it.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #24
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

I've also tried some option plays they seem to work good too. I haven't really tested other plays that much. I'm just kind of disappointed in that play. Although sometimes the cpu will stop you, but not nearly enough,
Bulls

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »