Home

Ben's Hybrid Slider Set

This is a discussion on Ben's Hybrid Slider Set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #49

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Ben's Hybrid Slider Set

Going to try these out. Hey Baughn,how do you auto lock?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #50
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
Going to try these out. Hey Baughn,how do you auto lock?
After selecting the player you want, click the L-stick.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #51
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Georgia Bulldogs at Florida Gators
Oct 30, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#10 Georgia Bulldogs ((5-1))07007
#9 Florida Gators ((5-1))3714024
Team Stats Comparison
UGAFLA
Total Offense266280
Rushing Yards73156
Passing Yards193124
First Downs1415
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion5-144-12
4th Down Conversion0-21-1
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1-12-2
Penalties
Posession Time
Georgia Bulldogs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A. Murray20/3219311
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Gurley17684.00
Florida Gators
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Driskel14/1812411
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Jones221466.60
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Gorman61 TFL11

Notes:
  • My first game that wasn't that close (unless you count the Arkansas game, which I lost). It never really felt that way though. It was a real struggle for both teams.
  • It was raining, so it seemed like both teams were playing for ball control the whole game. Once I got up 10 on Georgia, they forced a pass and my safety took it to the barn. One of the most exciting plays I've had this year.
  • Gurley destroyed me in the first half. But as my defense has a thing for doing, they adjusted and really contrained him in the second half. It is worth noting that he also had 5 receptions for 59 yards.
  • Murray was pretty good, aside from that one slip up. I'm really loving the QB play right now.
  • Driskel did a nice job, too. I had one pass over the top of a Cover 2 Zone in the back of my endzone. It was a great touch pass.
  • My offensive line DOMINATED Georgia's O-Line. Which was my gameplan, because Georgia is pretty weak up front (98th in rushing yards allowed).

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #52
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Okay, I've got 2 games under my belt with the CPU PCV slider at 75 and I'm pretty confident that it does make the coverage tighter. However, I'm also noticing more blown assignments; by that I mean complete halves of the field void of any defenders. So it's better, but worse at the same time.

The run game feels really good as I'm averaging just over 4 YPC with my HB. I'm getting stuffed for stretches and getting solid gains for stretches, too. There's quite a bit of variance, which I really like. CPU run game is hit or miss. I haven't faced an opponent that's dedicated themselves to the run yet, so I'm still waiting to see how they fare when committed to it.

I raised the HUM PCV slider up to 65 as I was getting torched a bit. I still gave up over 400 yards through the air to Duke, but they threw it 50+ times, so they were bound to get yards. I actually have defenders in the vicinity of the WR so that's better. I think I'm going to lower the CPU PCV slider to that 65 that I have the HUM slider at and see if that helps balance out some of the horribly blown assignments.

Here are some stats from my last 2 games:
CPU PCV at 75, HUM PCV at 50
My QB: 25/42 (59%) 354 yards 2 TD 3 INT
CPU QB: 37/46 (80%) 416 yards 4 TD 0 INT
-CPU QB absolutely tore me up in the first half. He had 300 yards and 3 TDs. He slowed down in the 2nd half as they tried to run the ball more, but was still extremely effective.

CPU PCV at 75, HUM PCV at 65
My QB: 15/23 (65%) 297 yards 3 TD 2 INT
CPU QB: 34/55 (61%) 422 yards 2 TD 3 INT
-I hit 3 long TDs on blown coverages, hence the high yardage on only 15 completions. The CPU D made some really nice plays in coverage, but there were a lot of instances of no defender anywhere near my WR. Hopefully lowering to 65 alleviates that some.

Watch me play video games
Old 07-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #53
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Okay, I've got 2 games under my belt with the CPU PCV slider at 75 and I'm pretty confident that it does make the coverage tighter. However, I'm also noticing more blown assignments; by that I mean complete halves of the field void of any defenders. So it's better, but worse at the same time.

The run game feels really good as I'm averaging just over 4 YPC with my HB. I'm getting stuffed for stretches and getting solid gains for stretches, too. There's quite a bit of variance, which I really like. CPU run game is hit or miss. I haven't faced an opponent that's dedicated themselves to the run yet, so I'm still waiting to see how they fare when committed to it.

I raised the HUM PCV slider up to 65 as I was getting torched a bit. I still gave up over 400 yards through the air to Duke, but they threw it 50+ times, so they were bound to get yards. I actually have defenders in the vicinity of the WR so that's better. I think I'm going to lower the CPU PCV slider to that 65 that I have the HUM slider at and see if that helps balance out some of the horribly blown assignments.

Here are some stats from my last 2 games:
CPU PCV at 75, HUM PCV at 50
My QB: 25/42 (59%) 354 yards 2 TD 3 INT
CPU QB: 37/46 (80%) 416 yards 4 TD 0 INT
-CPU QB absolutely tore me up in the first half. He had 300 yards and 3 TDs. He slowed down in the 2nd half as they tried to run the ball more, but was still extremely effective.

CPU PCV at 75, HUM PCV at 65
My QB: 15/23 (65%) 297 yards 3 TD 2 INT
CPU QB: 34/55 (61%) 422 yards 2 TD 3 INT
-I hit 3 long TDs on blown coverages, hence the high yardage on only 15 completions. The CPU D made some really nice plays in coverage, but there were a lot of instances of no defender anywhere near my WR. Hopefully lowering to 65 alleviates that some.
Looks good! I think, as far as the passing game goes, it takes a little while to adjust defensively. I've finally gotten the hang of it and the CPU is averaging just above 200 yards through the air in my Gator dynasty.

And I think that's what Matt was saying over in his thread, too. The PCV seems to have an impact on how aggressively the CPU acts in coverage.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #54
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Florida State Seminoles at Florida Gators
Nov 24, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#3 Florida State Seminoles (10-1)770721
#2 Florida Gators (10-1)0371424
Team Stats Comparison
FSUFLA
Total Offense407325
Rushing Yards37-219 40-210
Passing Yards(24/30) 188(12/22) 115
First Downs2120
Punt Return Yards013
Kick Return Yards2398
Total Yards430436
Turnovers00
3rd Down Converstion5-117-13
4th Down Conversion2-31-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-2-03-3-0
Penalties5045
Posession Time18:0217:58

Notes:
  • Probably the tightest game of football I've ever played.
  • This game had a TON of meaning behind it. If I lose, I don't have a shot at the NCG, if FSU loses, same thing.
  • My motto all year has been to wear down the defense with the run, and open the pass up when it's there. Well, FSU got off to a fast start, and I wanted to match them. I passed the ball too much in the 1st, and Driskel went 2/9.
  • The turning point may have been right before the half. I put together a 12 play drive that ended in a missed FG, but I was wearing down their defense. It showed in the second half, where I passed the ball a total of four times.
  • I was down 4 points with about 2:30 to go. I made the drive of a lifetime, and Driskel finally hit a few passes (one that was thrown to one WR and caught by another for a 30+ yard gain). I put the ball in the endzone with about :35 ticks left, on a Driskel read option.
  • I'm not sure how I held FSU to just 21 points. It seemed like they were moving the ball at will. But I'd always manage to buckle down and get them off the field somehow.
  • It's going to SUCK facing Winston for the next few years. He destroyed me through the air, and on the ground.
  • I had another four sacks, which puts my defense into the lead in that category. I think the pass pressure feels right, but occasionally the CPU holds onto the ball too long or tries to scramble too early.
  • Alabama next. Oh dear lord.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #55
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Lost to Alabama in the SECCG, 23-13. It wasn't really even that close, as I scored in the final minute on some prevent defense.

I'm too mad to post stats, but they were good. Both teams had about 200+ passing yards, and about 100 yards on the ground. The difference? 3 TO's for me, and an inconsequential TO for Bama.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #56
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Lost to Alabama in the SECCG, 23-13. It wasn't really even that close, as I scored in the final minute on some prevent defense.

I'm too mad to post stats, but they were good. Both teams had about 200+ passing yards, and about 100 yards on the ground. The difference? 3 TO's for me, and an inconsequential TO for Bama.
Alabama's defense has been nearly impossible to score on in the last 3 years. I still remember losing 33-0 in the National Championship in my 2nd year of an FSU dynasty back in NCAA 11. First time I can ever recall getting shutout by the CPU when using a "good" school like that.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »