Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #3257
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
Really like this new set Matt. Only changes I have made are:

5 > 10 in Hum QB Ac - Playing a dynasty with FAU my QBs with Accuracy of high 70s or low 80s were never throwing the ball on target, by never I mean like 1 out of every 4/5 passes would be off in left field.
This happens to me CONSTANTLY on Slow, but rarely ever on normal. QB ACC 5 on Slow has me throwing every other pass 15 yards away from the reciever. It's weird. I think Game Speed has a huge impact on sliders this year. These sliders change a lot based on whether you're playing on Slow or Normal.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #3258
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Love these changes! Will be rolling with these from now on.
I have had some great games with those changes.

In my friend and I's PSU & Mich dynasty we rolled into Conf. Championship and Bowl weeks with these sliders.

My friend (Mich) eeked by Wisc and is facing Johnny Football in the National Championship.

I (PSU) was against 7-5 Arkansas for my bowl game. We were both rated 86 ovr but my record was 10-2 so I am not sure how I ended up vs them, but it was a hell of a game regardless. I won 24-21 and had to play borderline perfect for that outcome.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #3259
Pro

OVR: 8

Ok so I made a couple slider changes and the last game I played was a great one. It was Duke vs UNC and I had a 13-0 lead at halftime. The CPU defense was actually making plays. I threw 2 picks that were just bad reads on my part which might have kept the score down as they were both in the red zone.

Anyway to start the second half UNC takes the opening kickoff back for a TD. I had not given up more than a 30 yard return all season I don't think. Like I had mentioned I am using the no switch rule so while I probably could have made the tackle if I switched players I thought better of it.

Anyway I drive down and kick a FG they march right back down and score another TD. All of a sudden there offense is just clicking. Still some really questionable play calling but anyway it's 16-14 I score a td and go up 20-14 and I miss my 2 point conversion.

Then they score again and all of a sudden I am down 21-20 with like 6 minutes left in the game. I score a TD on a big pass play and again miss the 2 point conversion so now I am up 26-21. I force a punt drive down and kick a FG and win the game 29-21 after stopping them on there final drive.

It was a really fun game but I think I will make a couple more tweaks. One thing that did happen was after lowering the penalty sliders to 50 across the board. I saw 2 off side penalties, 2 holding calls, and a offensive pass interference call which I have never seen before. Also had a clipping call. So it was cool to see some different penalties.

I made these tweaks for the CPU QB acc at 30, RBA 70, RBLK 70, PBLK 75 which I think was to high as my D-line was creating zero pressure. And then catching at 50.

The CPU play calling was still pretty bad but the offense was better cause of the slider tweaks I am guessing. Still saw way to many HB screens that got them nothing.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #3260
Rookie

Jcrome's Arena

OVR: 2

Really like these sliders and appreciate all the work you put in
Also this is a theory which might help u with the problem that some people are having opponent qbs with ridiculous completion ratings and some with awful ones is that I feel momentum plays a pretty big role in this game, for example im 4-0 in my Kentucky dynasty and the toughest game for me so far was week 1 against Western Kentucky, then after that we thrashed Miami of Ohio and were able to beat louisville and florida (which were pretty tough to but my offense seemed to be working better).
Any way where I'm going with this is since the football season is such a small sample statistically you should see these strange results like this. It happens in real life where a good player or team has a bad streak or vice versa so slightly odd stats and upsets shouldnt be to worrisome.
The only thing I might change is bump up rush defense but I'm gonna wait and finish at least a season first
Old 09-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #3261
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Glad you guys are adjusting to what you see is fit; looking forward to hearing about more games, etc. I've realized, after another night of crazy stats IRL, that college football is like "anything can happen" theme - so it feels good to see a lot of different approaches, but keeping the OP as a base set.

Regarding twitch, I'll be on when I get some time. Baby and family taking up a lot of time. I'm also playing a lot of soccer games, both FIFA and PES, so I haven't had the itch to play too much NCAA just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #3262
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Seems like the only two things I can't find a slider set to get right yet are penalties and pancakes. The pancake thing is weird because for a few years, this game finally did it right.

Are there any sliders definitively affecting pancake blocks?

In regards to penalties, I'm convinced it is possible:

I just let a cpu vs cpu game play out with all penalties set to 100.

Minnesota 17 for 218 yards
Michigan 20 for 234

That's grossly overdone, but the point being...it's possible. We shouldn't worry about what the name of the penalty is, just what will produce realistic totals.

We also need to ensure that enough plays from scrimmage are being run still when compared to dynasty sim stats.

Also, are assisted tackles just not working in dynasty? In the above exhibition game, they were working.

Anyone interested in working on penalties and blocking stats w me? There must be a way!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #3263
MVP

OVR: 13

I used OP as a base and have tweaked a set that seems to get a good game from me now. Figured I'd share

Time: 8 minutes (7 if facing No Huddle team)
Speed: Normal (I just cannot get a good, even game on Slow anymore. which is a shame since that's all I used on NCAA13)
Thresh: 20 (0 was causing what I thought was way too much seperation for WR/CB, thus the CPU QB would wreak havoc and go robo, no matter what his OVR or THA)
HFA: off

HUM-CPU
QBA 10 15
PBL 10 55
WRC 30 30
RBA 45 60
RBL 10 45
PCV 75 70
INT 30 40
RDEF 30 80
TAK 35 35

I'm currently going 3-5 in my dynasty with these as UTSA. My main goal every year for each football game is to try and find a set that reflects actual player ratings, and I think I'm almost close with these. You guys can try them out if you want. Just wanted to share where I'm at.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 09-15-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #3264
Pro

OVR: 5

I don't think tackle for human or CPU should be above 25 cus even on 25 I see few if any broken tackles and still a bunch of big hits

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »