Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #4769
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yes, you can, just go into the coaches menu in the dynasty and go to the "coach info" subheader. You can edit any coach attributes from there. You can alternatively use the editor to do this if you know how to use it.

This is precisely what I see in my games. This goes back to a post earlier in the week where someone asked about the difference between the 1 and 25 threshold sets.

Thinking about it on the drive home from work, I think what we are seeing is the following...

On the 25 threshmoold set, we see more explosive plays. It isn't because the threshold is higher (that would be crazy) but because the RBA is below 50. With RBA below 50, CPU backs have access to their special moves, especially to speed burst, which gives them explosiveness. Couple that with low TAK and higher block sliders (giving backs more room to run and pick holes) and the CPU run game is very effective.

On the 1 threshold set, the RBA is very high. On high RBA settings, RB abilities are boosted across the board, but they don't access their special moves (including speed burst) as they don't need them. They run very directly (which I know Matt loves) and any animations are triggered on impact and with RBA so high, they would break tackles uncontrollably. On many slider sets with high RBA, slider makers kept TAK relatively low. Matt was smart enough to raise TAK to an equal level and to lower blocking enough to counter it. But in a manner of speaking, this setup is akin to the CPU running with only using the left controller stick. It works well because the high RBA is offset by the high TAK.

Different setups, both effective, just depends on what you want.
Both are very effective enough so im having a tough time deciding on which one to use. I like the high rb slider for directness but there is no burst its straight line speed. I like the 25 threshold for the burst at any given time. Feels like the 25 threshold just gives the back just enough of a boost for acceleration that the back doesn't feel stuck but not so fast that he can just out run the defense to the corner with poor blocking.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #4770
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, sorry - I'll upload the images in spoilers of the spreadsheets - thanks, guys.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #4771
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, sorry - I'll upload the images in spoilers of the spreadsheets - thanks, guys.
Hey Matt you on twitch tonight?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #4772
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Both are very effective enough so im having a tough time deciding on which one to use. I like the high rb slider for directness but there is no burst its straight line speed. I like the 25 threshold for the burst at any given time. Feels like the 25 threshold just gives the back just enough of a boost for acceleration that the back doesn't feel stuck but not so fast that he can just out run the defense to the corner with poor blocking.
I understand the dilemma

Bear in mind that it isn't the 25 thresh giving the backs the burst, but is more that with a RBA below 50, the backs are hitting the "speed burst button" as any user would.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #4773
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

was gone for little over a week, got some NCAA the last couple days in my UMass dynasty, year 3. My next 3 games were the top teams in my division in the current season, so it would be important on who'll get to the MAC championship game. using V12 sliders 0 threshhold(going to play my next games after these I post with the 1 thresh).

Teams and their Ovr-Off-Def ratings
Ohio 83-83-82 @ UMass 77-81-75

First half was a fight, back and forth and we mirrored each other to be in a 17-17 tie at the half. 2nd half was not much of a game, Ohio force some throws, threw 2 Ints and their run game was shut down. I pulled ahead and won 38-17.

Spoiler

Akron 70-74-68 @ UMass 77-81-75
Akron came out strong, but fell off. My offense kept rolling to an easy win.

Spoiler

UMass 77-81-75 @ Miami (OH) 79-81-78
Thursday Night MACtion. I think it's actually the first in my UMass Dynasty.
Miami gave me a hand full in the first half, they even scored late to take a 27-17 lead at the half. but just like the Ohio game, They just shut down in the 2nd half, and my Offense did just enough to score 17 more points to win 34-27. Their big problem in the 2nd half was their QB throwing the ball away a lot. I don't know if it was the pressure forcing him or something else. I didn't feel like i blitz more than i did in the first half.

Spoiler

Next up is the new #2 in the MAC East, Bowling Green. A win should put me in a good spot to win the division, although not clinched.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #4774
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Hey Matt you on twitch tonight?
Not tonight unfortunately. Graphics card is acting up with OBS and my son's still not feeling 100% although much better than the nights before. Hate streaming and then being gone for several hours, so should be back on track tomorrow night as he seems to be doing a lot better.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #4775
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Not tonight unfortunately. Graphics card is acting up with OBS and my son's still not feeling 100% although much better than the nights before. Hate streaming and then being gone for several hours, so should be back on track tomorrow night as he seems to be doing a lot better.
Alright! That sucks, I hope he feels better bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #4776
MVP

jp18's Arena

25 threshold and back at the Ohio State dynasty to see how the sliders would hold up. Results were much better than I anticipated.

Osu 34 Wisconsin 14
Fds 20 - 16
Total offense 371 - 346
Rushing 49-204 3tds - 28-72
Passing 15/18-167 1td - 23/37-274 2tds 1int
3rd downs 9/14 - 6/13
Turnovers 0 - 2 (1 fumble 1int)
sacks 5 - 4

This was a battle. It really could have came right down to the wire if Stave would have stayed in the pocket and quit trying to mimic Miller. 4 of the 5 sacks were the run right away sacks. With that said 14-14 my ball at the 50 17 seconds before halftime I call trips right inside slant just to try and get a fg. Devin Smith on the outside had a deep post while the inside wr had a slant and audibled the middle wr to a curl. The curl and slant were both taken away so I scrambled right with miller just going to run for what I could get. I get towards the sideline and I see the corner coming up and the safety jumping the slant that now is going towards the sideline. Meanwhile I happened to make the de miss and Devin Smith was wide open on the post through it 55 yards on the run for the td. Something like he did back in 2011 against Wisconsin. May very well be the best play of my life. Another thing ths t stuck out was Miller's passing with an 79acc he rarely missed. I had a blocked punt on my first possession have never had that happen 4 holding calls between both teams and Wisconsin went on a 22 play 87 yard drive only to fumble at my 3. Now for the qb running do I lower the vision rating or is it something else? Awesome set btw!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »