Home

Most REALISTIC Sliders EVER.

This is a discussion on Most REALISTIC Sliders EVER. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2014, 12:40 AM   #41
Banned

YourWorstNightmar3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most REALISTIC Sliders EVER.

Everyone plays differently, so dealing with HB Slip Screens, this will be left up to the User to give the CPU 1 or 2 HB Slip Screens out of Shotgun. Unless the CPU's playbook is Pistol heavy, I typically would think 1 HB Slip Screen would be enough, but that should be left up to the User as well. Updated in OP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #42
Banned

Forgot to include "simming extra points" for one of the "House Rules" that I enjoy using. Playing a game for fun, and missed an extra point while simming the play!
Old 11-26-2014, 12:16 PM   #43
MVP

jp18's Arena

Not sure where to start.

Bg/ou

Score 31 - 38
Fds 24 - 19
Total off 465 - 408
Rushing 44-216 - 27-78 3tds
Passing 15/24-249 4tds 1int - 23/27-330 2tds
3rd downs 6/9 - 2/7
Turnovers 2 - 0
Sacks 1 - 6

First I will tell you how i lost. 4th quarter 3:06 left ou 3rd and 8 from there 49. They ran a little drag route to Shepard whom broke a tackle to get the 1st down. Fast forward 4 & 1 from my 36 ou decided to go for it ran a read option and knight stiff armed my face off 4 different times while plowing over my best lb and took it in lol. I figured o well I still have time. I obviously had to start throwing and ultimately forced one and striker picked it to seal the deal.

User passing /cpu coverage....I started 1/7 trying to adjust to such tight coverage and boy was it tight. About half way through the game I realized I was playing on 15 for acc so I could get the ball in there with the proper read and timing. Thinking I was on 5 I feared to throw. Once I settled in it was better but still very challenging given the talent difference. There was a little bit of route mirroring going on which made it a little bit easier to throw it behind the defender to get the completion. All in all I liked it

User rushing....I started off the game dominating had some 160 yards in the first half. Second half the dline started getting really good penetration and making plays. The lbs and secondary reacted quickly which was good for the secondary but lbs continuously blocked themselves by running directly into blocks. Had a few broken tackles, probably right around where it should be. Pursuit was good but with holding that high the d didnt shed blocks quick enough. Didnt notice much line push after the first two drives which is one of the things I think everyone is working on. I changed the line ratings for half of the line being the Lt LG and c while keeping the right the same. In all honesty I didnt notice much of a difference even with the higher rated guys they were still driven backwards the dline just wouldn't shed quick enough. Overall pretty tough to run minus a couple long ones mainly from scrambling.

Cpu passing/user coverage.....very challenging coverage for the user was pretty good as well there were some times I was thinking wth are you guys doing. Wasn't very tight outs hitches and slants flags were wide open by several yards do more to the defenders sliding out of position. For the life of me if I was in position to make the play I could not pick or swat what so ever, there were streaks where I bet I hit the button 3 or 4 times and no response my guy just let him catch the ball. No drops and knight was deadly accurate I remember 2 balls that were not exactly to the recievers hands and all incompletions were from being hit with the exception of a post route that the defender hit the recievers arm and knocked the ball away ( great animation).

Cpu rushing....at times this was tough to stop and others not so much. Line blocking I feel blocked about perfect depending on the defensive alignment. Now I play to stop the run first and adjust if necessary if I fear the pass game. In this case I definitely feared the pass and it opened up the run but not to the point it was 10 yards a carry. I user a safety and ended with 16 tackles. I like this because of the emphasis on user play. My only complaint may be that all cpu backs ran like M. LYNCH in beast mode had to really start blitzing when I thought it was a run. Overall i enjoyed the challenge of trying to stop it.

Gameplay overall....loved the challenge, good cpu playcalling. I believe they only ran 2 screens and only scrambled 3 or 4 times. The speed seperation on 0 felt off even with my one fast guy at a 96 speed he couldn't find any room not saying this isn't possible because it happens all the time. It had a little arcade feel to at certain times. Im definitely going to play around with these for awhile and see if I can get it to suit my personal preference. With that said not much for Me needs changed. Going to look at hfa though I really think had that been off I would have been decimated. Good work I like them. Going to play a few more matchups before i personally adjust anything. If you want to know anything else that im missing il gladly awnser!!!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #44
Banned

Jp, that was beautiful. As far as CPU ball carriers acting like M. Lynch, this is true! That's why I have User Tackle at "100" and having you set your "Big Hits" to Conservative, with difficulty being on Heisman, CPU broken tackles are pretty much something to be dealt with. I tried having the same type of slider set on All-American to reduce the Heisman CPU Broken tackles, but the CPU just isn't that good on AA compared to Heisman. Since us as Users have so much control of how we play against the CPU, I think it's only fair that the CPU can have an advantage in that aspect.

Last edited by YourWorstNightmar3; 11-26-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #45
Banned

Some more highlights from playing for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0OnSDzk0CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGJC1T0nYt0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5sPOL2tlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYWIKPHCFL8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #47
Banned

Running the same play against the same defender on the same coverage. 2 different reactions by defender. Got lucky the 2nd time with my other WR "picking" the defender. Probably would've been an INT without it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dRfeHSHuhH8
Old 11-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #48
MVP

jp18's Arena

Out of curiosity have you tried acc at 5/5 with these I have personally made 3 adjustments with penalty sliders. I played a game earlier with Iowa St @ Baylor and was happily decimated 62-7. Petty was 42/53-464 6tds. Rushing Baylor 31-173. Isu passing 12/29-152 and 18-56 rushing. Loved it. I felt Petty was a bit to accurate not by his completion percentage but there was just no way I had a chance to make a user play. If a few balls would have just been a bit high or behind or underthrown I could've at least had a few deflections. Its not unrealistic in terms he couldn't do that just every pass was exactly where it needed to be. Going to continue to play a few with these and matt's set to hopefully decide what set to use before the season is over so I can at least get a season or two into dynasty mode lol. I prefer to have tough games at first so once recruiting sets in it doesnt become so easy after a year or two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »