Home

***FUNdamentally Sound Sliders / NCAA***

This is a discussion on ***FUNdamentally Sound Sliders / NCAA*** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do these sliders feel for gameplay?
Great 12 70.59%
Ok 0 0%
No difference 0 0%
Horrible 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #9
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: ***FUNdamentally Sound Sliders / NCAA***

Not trying to be bullish... but feedback is welcome... have no way of knowing whats going on for others... 5 greats in vote but no reasons to why... please help guys... and for the 1 horrible... is there an explanation or just cause you say so? Feedback is welcome
Old 05-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay314
***YES turning it ON introduces ELEMENTS to create a difficultly aka cheats... if you want it to cheat for difficulty... by all means go ahead... HFA adds a 25% increase to HOME players ratings and a 25% decrease to the visitors team... ON TOP OF DYNAMIC RATINGS IN GAME.. so i hope i answered your question... if you want a higher challenge play on Heisman... if thats too easy... these might not be the sliders 4 you... as these sliders are designed for realism...
Thanks for the reply. I'm not looking for a greater challenge, just maximum realism. In real football, playing on the road is more difficult than playing at home, so I was hoping the game would allow for that.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I incorporated the zero penalty sliders to my findings of improved CPU play with the fatigue setting off. I was surprised at what I found. The game was a little more open. I play on Heisman, HFA off, zero thresh, normal speed, default (50) game play sliders. I really liked how open the game played out. Coverage was improved from what I was seeing and big plays (plays over 20yds) were taking place. It is crazy how sliders that should not impact game play at all does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #12
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday
Thanks for the reply. I'm not looking for a greater challenge, just maximum realism. In real football, playing on the road is more difficult than playing at home, so I was hoping the game would allow for that.
Thats a matter of OPINION... i play football and in MY experience its easier to play on the road vs at home due to less pressure and people who wanna talk about you... lol

Besides GOD dont make me catch worse BECAUSE im on the ROAD... i still have MY same ABILITIES... The game still provides MOMENTUM and DYNAMIC PLAYER RATINGS so you still get the same effect... just NOT 25% more of it.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #13
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I incorporated the zero penalty sliders to my findings of improved CPU play with the fatigue setting off. I was surprised at what I found. The game was a little more open. I play on Heisman, HFA off, zero thresh, normal speed, default (50) game play sliders. I really liked how open the game played out. Coverage was improved from what I was seeing and big plays (plays over 20yds) were taking place. It is crazy how sliders that should not impact game play at all does.
Great and thanks for the feedback. And actually your findings make perfect sense as players WILL NOT TIRE so they will be able to run faster and perform more moves in sequence. Fatigue IMPACTS how well the players abilities work.

Im glad you have something you enjoy now. Let us know some box scores with fatigue off. Are stats about right?
Old 05-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #14
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay314
Great and thanks for the feedback. And actually your findings make perfect sense as players WILL NOT TIRE so they will be able to run faster and perform more moves in sequence. Fatigue IMPACTS how well the players abilities work.

Im glad you have something you enjoy now. Let us know some box scores with fatigue off. Are stats about right?

I created a thread "Not Another Slider Thread" a few months back. The entire thread is about how the CPU improves over the course of the entire game. There seems to be a "progressive fatigue" built into the game. In theory a player should start to wear down some by the 4th quarter, but what happens is players reach a point where they just can not perform. I think that is why we see players even disappear. So by turning fatigue off you rid the game of the faulty fatigue issue which has plagued the series for some time.

I don't have box scores nor put a lot of value in them. As a former high school coach I can tell you that a box score does not tell you the entire story. Events in the game can lead to higher or lower numbers. The CPU is programmed to throw the ball at a very high percentage once they are down a few scores.

What I can tell you is the overall play improves. Every play has a 50/50 success rate where when playing with fatigue on I had a 80% or higher success rate while the CPU was below 30%. I could go multiple seasons without losing a game, went 80+ wins in a row using Community Sliders, but with fatigue off the win rate drops. I have had losing seasons with a 97 overall team. You also see a spike in injuries of multiple weeks. The only negative, not an issue for me, is the CPU want sub players out in the games you play. If you sim games then they do, fatigue off only comes into play in games played.

With all that said I liked the addition of zero penalty sliders to my current setup. The game opens up a little more like a college game should. My corner with 94 zone coverage played much better. He set back then broke on plays. In 3 games he has 2 picks and 8 break ups, in the first 4 games of the season he had 0 picks and 4 break ups (all on under thrown deep balls). I like the way things are looking as far as opening the game up.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Let me put this in the easiest way possible for those who are curious about sliders. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but for one, this thread has no "sliders" involved. Neither does the other.

1. Fatigue slider thread - introduces the concept of NO FATIGUE for better play, and more competitive. Use default sliders, works fine, use community sliders, works fine.

2. This slider thread - Thresh @ zero, default sliders, no penalties, emphasis on user profile and coaching tendencies.

3. Community sliders - Focus on animations and football logic in terms of positional assignment. Uses penalties and it's corresponding gameplay sliders to enhance the experience.

Either 3 are fine to use. The fatigue slider thread is known as "not another slider thread", so take that what you will. I will say the most difficult play I had done was no fatigue and the community slider thread. Realism stops dead in its tracks though because there are no subs.

All of the above depends on what experience of NCAA 14 you want to have. It's been a high demand of trying to get your cake and eat it too.

Again, not trying to hijack the thread, but before it gets into this "slider" thread versus any others, focus on what you are looking for in the game first, and what are your "gamebreakers".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #16
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Let me put this in the easiest way possible for those who are curious about sliders. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but for one, this thread has no "sliders" involved. Neither does the other.

1. Fatigue slider thread - introduces the concept of NO FATIGUE for better play, and more competitive. Use default sliders, works fine, use community sliders, works fine.

2. This slider thread - Thresh @ zero, default sliders, no penalties, emphasis on user profile and coaching tendencies.

3. Community sliders - Focus on animations and football logic in terms of positional assignment. Uses penalties and it's corresponding gameplay sliders to enhance the experience.

Either 3 are fine to use. The fatigue slider thread is known as "not another slider thread", so take that what you will. I will say the most difficult play I had done was no fatigue and the community slider thread. Realism stops dead in its tracks though because there are no subs.

All of the above depends on what experience of NCAA 14 you want to have. It's been a high demand of trying to get your cake and eat it too.

Again, not trying to hijack the thread, but before it gets into this "slider" thread versus any others, focus on what you are looking for in the game first, and what are your "gamebreakers".
1. YES, you did "hi-jack" the thread - apologizing doesn't fix or solve that issue. Just acknowledges it.

2. The VERY CLEAR explanation of why this post could have been done else where, by way of your 1, 2, 3 items. I viewed and accepted, however, IM NOT ON HERE EVERYDAY... As far as consolidation, i completely understand. MY ONLY GOAL WAS TO PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE GREATS WHO KNOW HOW THE GAME IS PROGRAMMED TO A TEE

As for myself i can say is still needed something and felt empty from the current sliders. Available... so much that i have traded in '13 & '14 on several occasions.

Personally i enjoy this set BASED on the GAME ENGINE and realistic outcomes. Doing so means turning the game OFF and letting the numbers talk. As long as the PHYSICS are firing correctly the game plays fine.

So my purpose, was to get feedback, at which point ALL YOUR FINDINGS, SECS, & EVEN BANNED PEOPLE. Would help to eliminate EAs triggers but keep constant outcomes... IM AFTER REALISM... REALISM... counter-acts the USER PLAYERS SKILL... Wont matter your playing style if the game plays correctly.

3. I will never turn fatigue off... HERE FOR REALISM... (Im Just Saying)

Lastly, the most disturbing thing about this comment tho... is that again this is for the community... and at least a few people are enjoying what you say ARE NOT SLIDERS FOR A SCIENTIFICALLY CORRECT STAND POINT... but for us normal idiots... there sliders...

If you did not TRY the sliders to offer engaging feedback and commentary, then why are you here?

You dont want another 30 page thread, yet you create the lane to foster one.

We need constructive feedback... NOT PERSONAL OPINION... and i personally dont use your set of sliders... anomalies occur in your sets and player ratings dont matter... Its more fixed than free flowing... but i aint telling you WHY, am i...

Im not saying this is the best set in the world craig... im saying this is want i have found to be very REALISTIC... and if anyone can offer feedback to validate or to show concern thats welcomed... but RESPECTFULLY... WE need feedback from PLAYED games not THEORY.

With that being said i hope that you will offer that feedback once you have tried to SLIDER SET. "you cant play chess without pawns, but some will try"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »