Home

Official Slider Sticky

This is a discussion on Official Slider Sticky within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 11:31 AM   #73
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Official Slider Sticky

AA
8 minute

I was playing with 9 minutes, but games were lagging a bit...I played 10 minute quarters last year and the games didn't seem to take as long....could the cut scenes be adding that much time to the game?

(of course subject to a lot more tweaking but here is where I have been playing with early)
Human
offense
defense

CPU
offense
defense

I also have false starts at 8 and holding at 7. I see about 5 total holding calls a game on average. Holding at 8 will definitely get you 5 or more.

It's tough to pass, so I moved human passing sliders (accuracy, block, catch) up slightly and cpu defense awareness, knockdown, and int down a bit. I gave the same sort of boost to the cpu offense and decrease to human defense.

Running was too easy so I increased cpu breakblock. Of course cpu running needs a big boost, also reflected in human defense breakblock being so low.

Things I'm looking at...****nning game may still be too easy, passing game will have to be worked on to find a point where it is still hard but not brutal for both human and cpu, I may go back to 9 minute quarters if the number of plays goes down significantly, and I may have gone too far with human d awareness at 0, but I needed to do something to get the cpu to move the ball.

I've been playing with Mizzou against the top 5 teams until I find that I'm consistently struggling and losing a majority of the time against them, then I play against a cupcake to see if I can still blow them out.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:37 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

ran 80 plays...they ran 72.
I had 490 yards of total offense, they had 360
Rice han the ball 67 times and passed only 4 times in the whole game

New Mexico State dude --

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Were you playing as SJSU? Are you saying that the CPU ran the ball 67 times versus 4 pass attempts?
Old 07-14-2004, 01:20 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Used Mudtiger's sliders

Halftime
Vandy - 0
UF - 30

First downs

Total Offense

Rushes
9 - 31
24 - 215

Passing
3 - 18
7 - 13

Passing Yards

* I had alot of big plays. Could tone down Computer Pass Block b/c i could not get to the QB. I'd say alittle higher passing for Computer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 6

Here are my sliders.

All American

Human - +2 WR catch
CPU - increase offensive and defensive sliders to the max
CPU Specail Teams - +2 FG ACC
Penalties - MAX out pass I(both Off and Def), roughing the passer/kicker and false start.

Enjoy
Old 07-14-2004, 02:06 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

Review said:
Here are my sliders.

All American

Human - +2 WR catch
CPU - increase offensive and defensive sliders to the max
CPU Specail Teams - +2 FG ACC
Penalties - MAX out pass I(both Off and Def), roughing the passer/kicker and false start.

Enjoy

Thanks for posting your sliders can you post some stats you & the comp get with these sliders?
Old 07-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 8

Hey guys I was just wondering, with all the new things in this years college football such as payer happiness, composure etc etc. Wouldn't having lower slider settings be better because for example at say +20 wr catch your man is a beast right but if he is un happy he will still make big plays.

last year when I first got the game I was playing 10 min games with all sliders at 0. this made the game very hard but I got realistic scores and some reaklly great games. I actually started doing this with ncaa 2003(my favorite).

I always felt that the higher the slider settings the harder it is to tell between the great players and the avg ones. I think we assume the higher setting is better but then after a couple seasons or games you end up turning something down because it becomes way to easy.

I don't know maybe it's just me but I have seen the lower slider being better for example in nba live 2004, and mvp 2004. Let me know what you think about this please.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 03:15 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 5

In my 3rd game i did some minor adjustments in areas i thought needed attention.

bumped both human and cpu up +5 in these areas only
wr catch +5
pass block +5
qb acc +5
didnt really feel the need to adjust rushing YET.

Playing 12 min. qtrs. Penn St. at FSU(me) here is what i got.

PSU/ FSU
Score 27/ 31
Firstdowns 15/ 20
Tot. off. 364/ 340
Rushes-yds. 31-68/ 39-136
Comp-Att-TD 16-39-1/ 17-36-2
Pass yds. 296/ 204
Sacked 4/ 4
turnovers 2/ 1

Both teams had picks for TDs. It seemed there was enough potential to bust some big runs as both teams HBs did fairly well.

FSU Leon Washington 26 car. 133 yds. 5.1 avg.
PSU #33 21 car. 80 yds. 3.8 avg.

Its just one game with adjustments, but its a start.

This is on AA
Old 07-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

njkroc said:
Hey guys I was just wondering, with all the new things in this years college football such as payer happiness, composure etc etc. Wouldn't having lower slider settings be better because for example at say +20 wr catch your man is a beast right but if he is un happy he will still make big plays.

last year when I first got the game I was playing 10 min games with all sliders at 0. this made the game very hard but I got realistic scores and some reaklly great games. I actually started doing this with ncaa 2003(my favorite).

I always felt that the higher the slider settings the harder it is to tell between the great players and the avg ones. I think we assume the higher setting is better but then after a couple seasons or games you end up turning something down because it becomes way to easy.

I don't know maybe it's just me but I have seen the lower slider being better for example in nba live 2004, and mvp 2004. Let me know what you think about this please.

Thanks

I believe that is correct. Let me explain why. Say you are playing Heisman, which is what I play, and you bump the RB ability all the way up(+20 from left or +10 for middle). This is going to make your star RB who is a 93 overall with 97 speed a 103 runningback with 107 speed. The computer doesn't process ability over 100 so your star RB is now 100. A decent Running back who is rated 87 overall with 85 speed is now rated 97, but now has 95 speed. You won't see much difference between the star and the decent running back now.

This is why I lower the Computer AI's awareness instead of bumping up my RB ability, etc. That way I am not really hurting the ability ratio of star to average players. Going up 2 notches or so is acceptable, but maxing out the sliders will lead to the problem you identified.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »