Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #857
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepOklahoma
How the heck do you throw deep passes with this set? Any tips?
Any route longer than 20 yards is either an interception or a wide-open TD. No regular incompletions, and no catch-and-tackle after a few yds. TD or INT only.

These are perfect otherwise for my skill level. Do I drop Pass Coverage to tailor it to my needs? Or raise QB accuracy, etc? Thanks
I always build up to it. Slant here, HB screen there, short route across the middle, etc--getting the QB into a rhythm. I did it just yesterday, and my QB unloaded for an 80 TD pass right before the quarter ended.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:39 AM   #858
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'll assume this has already been asked but, am I correct in assuming that the custom sounds for NCAAFB14 can no longer be imported into the game? Why I didn't do this years ago is beyond me, but I can't seem to find the folder on my PS3 to save the sound files to from my USB drive.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #859
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I always build up to it. Slant here, HB screen there, short route across the middle, etc--getting the QB into a rhythm. I did it just yesterday, and my QB unloaded for an 80 TD pass right before the quarter ended.
My only issue is that in real life, a 1-on-1 deep pass is the safest throw in all of football, turnover wise. With this set, its by far the most dangerous. Kind of kills the realism. I will keep tinkering though to find a good balance. Because otherwise, this is the best set I've used.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #860
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
My only issue is that in real life, a 1-on-1 deep pass is the safest throw in all of football, turnover wise. With this set, its by far the most dangerous. Kind of kills the realism. I will keep tinkering though to find a good balance. Because otherwise, this is the best set I've used.
I agree, and I try to abide by AI logic rather than real life in some video games. For instance, I think it can be a good idea for a QB to go deep on the very first play of the game sometimes, but I rarely if ever will do that. And yes--when I see my receiver in 1-on-1 coverage in the game, my natural instinct is to think it's to my advantage, but a split second later I have to remind myself that defensive back Jack is going to come up with the interception and my heart will drop when the camera angle does that dreaded 180 degree spin.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #861
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Here's the happy medium I tested plenty of times. You can always turn your QB acc up to 10 instead of 5. Then you won't have to worry about that type of risk/danger throws. But on the flip side, your passes will most likely be too accurate down the line (70-80% completion rates). To me, 10 almost feels no different that if QB acc was set between 50-15. Set to 5 on the other hand, feels like I have more of a risk/reward based on the type of throws, when to chuck it, and I begin to feel the difference of a 95 rated QB verses a 75 rated. Remember, this game got too easy for us after a while, and this my way of implementing a new feel, and approach to the risk/reward system. Thanks for the feedback fellas!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #862
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Very happy with these settings. I'm beyond happy that running backs no longer seem stuck in the mud and speedy players actually feel fast.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:29 PM   #863
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

Enjoying these but, I don’t see any pancakes with these. Should I? Using Texas btw, maybe we just suck.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:48 PM   #864
Rookie

Just want to say man HUGE fan of these. Your old set like you mentioned was hard for the sake of being hard. With these I still get a challenge but don’t feel cheated. My only changes are 10 accuracy like a lot of posters here and 50 user RB ability. The line play has been nothing short of incredible. Having to actually move and step up in the pocket in a realistic amount of time and the run blocking actually showing the difference in ratings. I played 7 games with a walk on team and went 1-6 with lone win coming against winless NMSU the worst non Idaho team on team the game. I then tested with a 60 overall teambuilder and had two really good games a close win over USF and a 24 point loss to Florida where it was actually close before they pulled away late. Idk If you’ve tried these with auto strafe off but it plays beautifully. Many thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »