Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2018, 09:15 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Sliders don’t change the fact that AI defenders can’t cover a soul, option defense is completely broken, RB’s fall forward almost every single time they are hit and trip over linemen, too many aspects are broken to make this game enjoyable. I didn’t understand how people enjoyed it in 2014, I really don’t understand it now. Every game plays out very identical for me. Both QB’s completing >85% of passes, zone reads getting ridiculous yardage, too many flaws to list. Which is probably why the other guy isn’t enjoying the sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree, those things happen, but like we've stated before, its not perfect, and you have to put some work into it and be willing to let some things go in order for it to be a challenge and still enjoyable. Just last night I beat a FCS team 27-9, I tacked one on at the end for good measure, but their running backs had about 170 yards rushing, which is realistic. I guess I just don't really see the problem. They're going to gain yards and they're going to score, whether its FCS vs Alabama or Ohio St vs Penn St. If you're more worried about the aesthetics, then remember its a video game and its as close as you can get to sim. its not perfect and it never will be. Its up to the player to decide how much they're willing to enjoy vs criticize ...if its too much then just stop playing it, or figure out a way to stop the computer, there's multiple threads on defenses and schemes, its much more enjoyable to struggle to win 10-11 games, like reality.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:52 AM   #314
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster
I could literally stack all 99s on a team and a 67 overall team would still break 2+ tackles every single play, have wide open receivers, my LBs would still freeze in place against QB runs, and blockers would refuse to block players right in front of them. Either you're saying my copy is somehow magically coded different than all the others, or the slider set is based for video game play, not sim.
Sorry my brother, these sliders are not for you.

Matt10's might be a great balance for what you're looking for...Me on the other hand, I've dominated those sets for years, and decided to make my own.

To marginalize these sliders by saying it was to cripple the USER!? lol...bro, just b/c you can't handle it doesn't mean that's the problem. It wasn't built on the basis of 67 rated teams to blow out 99's. It was built around the feel, the pace of football & skill level to actually achieve wins & sim.

Did you see my box scores? If not, take a look at my games and what I'm able to achieve with these. I think you have to check your skill level at the door and understand that it truly has the basic football principles down.

To add, I've played fb all my life and was very good. I played in college too, and I wouldn't advertise anything i don't know. The other hundreds of comments should tell you there is a consistency with this set. Its not perfect which is why it was also shaped by all the guys who've tried this out.

So again my brother, I unapologetically state that this set just isn't for you. Thanks again for trying'em out too!

Last edited by jkits; 07-26-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #315
Rookie

OVR: 4

So basically you built video game sliders instead of sim based ones. You want close games at all cost no matter what the ratings gap is between teams. That's not sim, that's video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #316
Rookie

Quote:
So basically you built video game sliders instead of sim based ones. You want close games at all cost no matter what the ratings gap is between teams. That's not sim, that's video game.

Ha. You don't read anything do you? It's not a close game at all costs. I can't speak for him, but i'm guessing he doesn't start a dynasty with Alabama, or Florida St or USC, so yeah when I play as Virginia and lose a close game to those teams, or I don't blow out teams in the ACC but win 8 games, its pretty realistic. I've both gotten blown out and blown out teams I should. Like he said, they aren't perfect but its as close as you can get for skilled players. Try Jarrod21's sliders too...there's 3 different sets, i'm sure you can find some novice sliders there, and most of all...he's not making you use them. If its too hard for you, find a different set, why complain about ones other people use and enjoy. Better yet, spend the time and effort playing games and doing the research in-game to develop your own. If you're not willing to do that, then you'll have to live with the results other people have made.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:31 PM   #317
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
I love how sure your assumption is lol…3 years of tweaking with the community to make "arcade-ish" sliders…yea ok.. Why can't you just admit these are not for you man. No disrespect, but your skill level just isn't up to par for them. We're getting great games over here bruh bruh

(Quotes self) "Did you see my box scores? If not, take a look at my games and what I'm able to achieve with these"…SIM all the way brother.

Jarrod21
Matt10

These guys have amazing sets, take your pick.. just not these. Remember i didn't make the game, just the slider set. You're welcome to change them however whenever you like #NFN

Last edited by jkits; 07-26-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #318
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
I love how sure your assumption is lol…3 years of tweaking with the community to make "arcade-ish" sliders…yea ok.. Why can't you just admit these are not for you man. No disrespect, but your skill level just isn't up to par for them. We're getting great games over here bruh bruh

(Quotes self) "Did you see my box scores? If not, take a look at my games and what I'm able to achieve with these"…SIM all the way brother.

Jarrod21
Matt10

These guys have amazing sets, take your pick.. just not these. Remember i didn't make the game, just the slider set. You're welcome to change them however whenever you like #NFN
It has nothing to do with skill level. What skill is involved in throwing a drag route with a 90+ accuracy QB and him missing by 5 yards the majority of the time? What skill is in having AI QBs that are pocket passers break 2+ tackles on runs? What skill is in my team's AI players getting completely destroyed by a team that is 20+ points lower in nearly all categories? Why can the AI with 72 accuracy completely passes at will, but my 90+ accuracy QB can't hit the broad side of a barn?

Skill means absolutely nothing in any of those situations.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:38 PM   #319
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
It has nothing to do with skill level. What skill is involved in throwing a drag route with a 90+ accuracy QB and him missing by 5 yards the majority of the time? What skill is in having AI QBs that are pocket passers break 2+ tackles on runs? What skill is in my team's AI players getting completely destroyed by a team that is 20+ points lower in nearly all categories? Why can the AI with 72 accuracy completely passes at will, but my 90+ accuracy QB can't hit the broad side of a barn?

You obviously don’t like the set and that’s fine move along, you are contributing nothing to this thread. The rest of us don’t really have this problem so either get better and study what your opponent is doing and adjust to stop it or simply create YOUR own set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 07:47 PM   #320
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:

I'll let everyone else who has no problem with everything you just mentioned answer that for you. I've already said my peace bro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »