Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2018, 02:20 PM   #393
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

A while back I started using the watch sim feature for both CPU and my team's field goals. It's been very realistic in terms of makes and misses. My kicker once missed 3 FGs in a half and I never gave him the chance to kick again that game, going for it on 4th twice within the 25 year line.

It's changed how I play a little bit too - if I need a late FG to win or tie, I'm making sure I get the ball as close to the goal line as possible rather than being conservative and kicking a 50 yarder I can easily make on my own. I'm also playing 4 down football between the 20/25 - 40 yard lines.

The one major drawback is that there seems to be a false start penalty on the kicking team 25% - 33% of the time (another reason why I play 4 down football within certain yard lines), but this hasn't outweighed the positive aspects.

On punts, I don't have a great formula, but I either try to fair catch anytime the cover team is within 15 yards of me when the ball is coming down, or I will let the ball bounce and roll to give them extra yardage. I'd like to see more punts downed within the 20 or 10 against me, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the red c
Question, what do you guys do about specials teams, in particular punts and field goals. I usually sim or watch these parts of the games but wondering what you guys do. I find that if I sim the CPU punts, they are wayyy more likely to actually pin me inside the 20. I've had several drives start inside my own 10 off simulated punts. Where as if I play it out, I usually can always return it for 5-15 yards. I feel like I hardly ever have to call fair catch which seems cheap. And the same applies for when I punt, hardly ever any fair catches and the CPU can always return it. Usually the only time I user punt is if I think I can manually pin them deep. Other than that I sim it.

And I find when I simulate kicks there's a higher chance both me and the cpu will miss it. I kinda hate simming these parts of the game, but I feel its best. I just kind of pretend I'm the coach and I'm getting ready for my offense/defense to get back on the field.

And definitely agree on the penalties. I'm averaging about 3-4 a game, some have even been costly. Like a facemask on third down or a holding call when I get a first down. Against ECU in my UT dynasty I had 10 penalties for 70 yards. 10!!! Not complaining, it is a welcome change.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #394
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I used to see this with matt's sliders and fatigue off, but only with CPU WRs. Are you getting tipped catches with both USER and CPU players?
I've only used these 5 games. I had a CPU WR catch a tip by my DB, and last game my DB caught a deflection. I honestly thought it would trigger a review, sure as heck looked like it hit the ground...but I'll take the pick-six. It sealed the win lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #395
Rookie

Hoping to play another game tonight. I had a very different experience with my first 3 full games last Friday then when I was just testing the sliders. I started pretty conservative with a series of runs before throwing with my QB. Passing felt much better than my tests and I was actually completing the ball.

I ended up winning all 3 games by at least 2 TDs, but I had very shift competition (from the worst for the 3 opponents) in one game through the middle of the 4th quarter, and only pulled to a comfortable lead near the end of the game.

My defense has actually played much better under this slider set than my previous one, dominating 2 of those 3 games, but having difficulties in the 3rd game. I am seeing fewer sacks, but more short completions, as the QBs appear to have improved pocket presence.

I'm still not seeing an increase in penalties, except for a few clipping calls, which I loathe in this game because they either look like bad calls or are 15 yards away from the ball at the time. I'd actually like to do away with clipping entirely and I usually have altered slider sets to do this.

I've seen a few more fumbles, but not too man, so I'm happy about that balance.

I saw some really great animations with my RBs and had a few runs where my stud Junior (won Heisman as a Sophomore and may have been in Top 5 as a Freshman) broke some tackles, escaped the pack, and ran for TDs.

I've been sacked or had to run or throw the ball away more than my previous slider set, so I think I've ended up with fewer passes. I've also been more conservative passing so far after my experiences testing the sliders.

I've gotten sack or hit a lot on play action so I'm monitoring that and hoping it doesn't get taken out of my playbook as a result.

I've also toggle with Fatigue on and off and am settling on Off. My starting RB was disappearing in the 3rd and 4th quarters despite only having 10-15 touches at the time. Touches get split between my two backs about 60/40, so I don't see why I would have this problem. My start is also back on kickoffs and punts, but he wasn't getting many return opportunities over the 3 games played.

Last edited by ZN30; 08-22-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #396
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I've only used these 5 games. I had a CPU WR catch a tip by my DB, and last game my DB caught a deflection. I honestly thought it would trigger a review, sure as heck looked like it hit the ground...but I'll take the pick-six. It sealed the win lol
That's what I've seen on all kinds of sets, USER DBs/LBs and CPU WRs catching off of tips. May just be another one of those universal things about this game. I wish I could find a setup that allowed all players to catch tips.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:14 PM   #397
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
That's what I've seen on all kinds of sets, USER DBs/LBs and CPU WRs catching off of tips. May just be another one of those universal things about this game. I wish I could find a setup that allowed all players to catch tips.
That's interesting, this is the first set where I've noticed those catches being made at least. I can't recall anyone catching a tip before on MAtt10's.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-22-2018, 08:10 PM   #398
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
That's interesting, this is the first set where I've noticed those catches being made at least. I can't recall anyone catching a tip before on MAtt10's.
Yeah, that's what I always saw on his. With what I'm using now, basically all I see is my DBs/LBs catching tips for INTs. On other settings I've played on, it's always been some combination of that. In everything I've tried, I don't think I've ever seen USER WRs/RBs or CPU DBs/LBs catch tipped balls. I'm about to try this set for the first time in a couple of years. Just found it funny that you just so happened to bring up one of the things I've been keeping an eye out for for a while.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #399
Rookie

My 4th game under the slider set has been eventful. Late season matchup with my team at #1 (9-0) hosting unranked 5-4 TCU. I actually scheduled this game thinking TCU would a Top 15 team, if not better. A lot highly rated junior and seniors, but a true freshman QB rated 81 (83?) that came in higher than the their previous RS Jr. starter.

I forced a 3 and out on their first drive then took the ball to their 34, where I was stuffed on a 4th and 3. TCU then drove it down and scored a TD. I came back down the field and ended up with FG to make it 7-3, but TCU's offense is clicking while mine is sputtering and they were up 21-3. I was able to return a KO for a TD to make to it 21-10.

After a pair of punts, I had TCU pinned at their own 9 yard line on 3rd and 11 with 1:11 left in the half. TCU was just going to run the ball and punt it away. Instead, I was out of the room and the CPU picked the worst possible defensive in that scenario and TCU ripped off a 50 yard run and threw a TD pass a couple plays later. 28-10 with 38 seconds left in the half.

After a poor return to the 17 (kick coverage is so much better under this slider set, btw), little time on the clock, and 3 major over throws that cost me additional 11 points, I decide to just run a mid-screen to my WR to see if I could pick up any yardage and get into better position. Thanks to some amazing blocks, my WR takes it 83 yards for the TD. I end up at 28-17 going into the half and getting the ball to start the 2nd half.

At this point my wife wanted to have some drinks with me and hang out, so I have yet to finish this game. I really hope it survives the day without my toddler accidentally shutting off the xBox, because I really want to see if my offense can break its funk and mount a comeback.

So far it's been a frustrating, but very intriguing game.

**Following up on my play action comment in my previous post, I believe I may have to tweak the blocking rating or abandon PA altogether. I got the LBs to bite hard the PA I tried, but the DL shed blocks too quickly and go straight after the QB. I've had no time whatsoever to throw the ball on any PAs I've attempted under the slider set.

Spoiler
Old 08-23-2018, 11:02 AM   #400
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30

At this point my wife wanted to have some drinks with me and hang out, so I have yet to finish this game. I really hope it survives the day without my toddler accidentally shutting off the xBox, because I really want to see if my offense can break its funk and mount a comeback.

So far it's been a frustrating, but very intriguing game.

**Following up on my play action comment in my previous post, I believe I may have to tweak the blocking rating or abandon PA altogether. I got the LBs to bite hard the PA I tried, but the DL shed blocks too quickly and go straight after the QB. I've had no time whatsoever to throw the ball on any PAs I've attempted under the slider set.

I'm amazed you can leave your Xbox on that long just idle...I'd be paranoid lol. I usually only play when my I have the house to myself.

Interesting note on play action. I have had no issues with it. I've always found PA to be a high risk/reward type play, regardless of sliders. Either they're coming quick and you get sacked, or the blow coverage and you get a big gain. My only two 40+ yard passes this season are play action.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »