Home

Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

This is a discussion on Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2021, 10:43 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Finally played my first game with these using Memphis, and not the best to really test with as it was against SMU which is 80% pass by design, there were two things that really stuck out. My WRs had 15 drops on 40 attempts (over half of those drops being wide open), and the CPU O-line had 20 pancakes. I'll keep playing with the settings as is, but if it persists, I think I'll just up them to where I have them in my set, which is 40 HUM WR Catch and 40/40 HUM/CPU pass blocking.

The thing about the catch slider is it doesn't only involve what you want to see, which is pass breakups on closely guarded catches, but it seems to hugely effect how much players will drop on wide open catches. Which is the same reason you can't go below 45 with CPU catch, because otherwise they routinely drop crucial, wide open catches that can end up handing the game to you.

Both teams were rated pretty evenly, no crazy good players, but also no one really terrible, which is why those two anomalies stand out. Besides that, everything played fine.
I’ve been tinkering with user run blocking as well with various teams but I’m liking the way 35-40 play. As far as user and cpu catch I’m testing Tuscaloosa’s ncaa 06 inspired near default set where he has user catch at 0 and cpu at 35. CPU drops SO MANY open passes. Will give your 40/40 a shot because I can only catch it turn on conservative catch which to me is cheesy. I actually like his set in terms of fun factor not nearly as challenging since it’s near default but with a 46 overall teambuilder it’s a blast. Even at 50 run block I can’t run
Old 01-12-2021, 10:45 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish2Go
That’s an interesting point - my offense is pretty dominant (considering its a 65ish overall) and has a senior at 8/11 positions - my defense on the other hand can’t stop anyone and is only 50% seniors.

Never thought of that so thank you for bringing it to my attention - guess I will find out in year 2 since I only see 4 out of 11 seniors on offense.
Keep us update I’m curious if my hypothesis is correct. I know how much the game AI values awareness and upperclassmen seem to have a lot of it. Especially true at DB if you aren’t usering
Old 01-13-2021, 09:35 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have been usding Jkitts sliders for the first 7 games of my UL Monroe Dynasty. I am the offensive coordinator and for 7 years it's irritated me that as Offensive coordinator the CPU offense vs my CPU defense just sucks. I was 5-2 With ULM before switching to these sliders for my last 2 games and I have to say the game does feel like it plays similar to Jkitts. I do feel like I can run up the middle on shotgun plays quite a bit more with my running back, without him getting fatigued I have to stop myself from cheesing this.

Last 2 games with this slider set has been comparative but hasn't fixed my defensive dominance in the SIM or watch play mode when I'm not on offense.

17-14 loss to Arkansas St - competitive game throughout. I threw a pick 6 on opening drive and missed a 44 yard field goal as time expired.

20-14 win over Georgia southern - so again I'm either simming or watching my defense Play because I'm offensive coordinator but Georgia Southern ended up with 32 rushes for 85 yards against my 68 rated defense.

So between yours and Jkitt sliders almost all 9 of my games have been just like this 21-14, 21-17, I had a 9 to 3 win.

I do notice with your sliders I'm able to make more mistakes with my quarterback because the defense is not intercepting everything that comes their way. Maybe I'll get a better feel for the sliders when I become a head coach in this dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2021, 01:27 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocanes44
Last 2 games with this slider set has been comparative but hasn't fixed my defensive dominance in the SIM or watch play mode when I'm not on offense.
FYI, sliders don't effect the super sim mode at all. I don't even know if difficulty does. They should however influence Watch Play mode, but Watch Play mode and regular gameplay are also different gameplay systems happening (it's not simply just a camera change), so one slider set will effect both differently.

In fact, I was wondering yesterday about using this set for a coach Watch mode. I may mess around with some things using this set as a base, would probably only take a few tweaks here and there.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 01-13-2021 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:14 AM   #77
MVP

young22's Arena

Just got done playing Louisville with the set listed in the OP. Beat them 30-13 with my WVU Mountaineers.

My QB went 21/34 (61%), 305 yards, TD, 2 INT. 14.5 YPC. Ran OK, with HB1 going for 70 and 2 scores on 14 carries, HB2 had 58 and a score on 12.

Defensively, we deflected 2 passes, had a couple other good contests. As we all know by now, PBUs aren't tracked properly so I can't give an exact number. 2 sacks, both coverage sacks.

Louisville QB went 21/31 (67%), 329 yards, TD, 15.6 YPC. Their HB and TE led in receiving unfortunately, and while I did see some downfield shots, their HB had 118 yards after the catch (yeah, only caught screens, although they weren't all on 3rd down), and their TE had 42 YAC because we couldn't take him down.

They sacked me twice, both on well-timed blitzes, and the INTs were on late throws.

I don't know that there's anything we can do about backs and tight ends leading in receiving. Occasionally you'll see a CPU wideout get hot, causing the CPU to look his way more, but that's about it. I think I'm just gonna leave the set where it is now, maybe try messing with the Intentional Grounding slider, but short of the CFB Revamped guys tweaking playcalls and AI, I think the game is what it is.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:13 PM   #78
MVP

young22's Arena

Another game, another win, this time over #8 UNC, who came in at 3-0. Only an 83 OVR, starting a true freshman QB, so was surprising to see them that high up. 24-19 was the final score. Forced a pair of turnovers, both fumbles from the QB on scrambles.

My QB went 16/28 (57%) for 183 and 3 scores. 11.4 YPC, one of my worst games for the deep ball, had a 56 yard catch-and-run, no true deep completions.

Their guy went 32/45 (71%) for 302, one score. Only 9.4 YPC. He threw deep a solid amount, had a few downfield completions and quite a few breakups/throwaways. But the fixation on the checkdown is irritating, especially since on a 4th and 7 down 5 in the 4th, he had a semi-open man over the middle, well past the sticks, but decided instead to check it down to the tailback about 2 yards downfield, and we end up stopping him and running out the clock.

Everything else looks and plays solid. I think I'm largely gonna end up shelving this game for a while, until I get a gaming PC and CFB Revamped is complete with Sabo's playbook edits as well as (hopefully) gameplay mod. It's fun to play, but these days I've got stuff to do and the QB play can sometimes cheapen the experience, so I've been doing other stuff in my free time.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:09 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
But the fixation on the checkdown is irritating, especially since on a 4th and 7 down 5 in the 4th, he had a semi-open man over the middle, well past the sticks, but decided instead to check it down to the tailback about 2 yards downfield, and we end up stopping him and running out the clock.
True to real life, if the QB doesn't have his WRs open, he'll check down. Against SMU with my lowly rated team and secondary, all their WRs had all the targets and catches because they could run free. But if you have a better team, you might need to make some adjustments. Either tinker with turning down HUM coverage (more open CPU WRs), up CPU pass block (more time for WRs to get open), or possibly the speed threshold (to allow more speed for WRs to get open).

This was one of my questions earlier, because the checkdown problem is one of my major ones I make sure I don't have, and I was able to avoid it on my set. The main changes there were HUM/CPU pass coverage 35, and threshold 25 (in which I once took a week playing with this slider, and determined 25 the sweet spot). Although in playing with this set, I'd keep the pass coverage still 95 for HUM but lower for CPU (as one of problems I had on my set was I was too good at passing, always top 5 in the country, but the upped pass coverage on this set has lowered that a lot.)

Also maybe a penalty slider thing like you mentioned earlier, as before I had always used Matt10's settings with my set, where the intentional grounding is at 99.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 01-18-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:04 PM   #80
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
True to real life, if the QB doesn't have his WRs open, he'll check down. Against SMU with my lowly rated team and secondary, all their WRs had all the targets and catches because they could run free. But if you have a better team, you might need to make some adjustments. Either tinker with turning down HUM coverage (more open CPU WRs), up CPU pass block (more time for WRs to get open), or possibly the speed threshold (to allow more speed for WRs to get open).

This was one of my questions earlier, because the checkdown problem is one of my major ones I make sure I don't have, and I was able to avoid it on my set. The main changes there were HUM/CPU pass coverage 35, and threshold 25 (in which I once took a week playing with this slider, and determined 25 the sweet spot). Although in playing with this set, I'd keep the pass coverage still 95 for HUM but lower for CPU (as one of problems I had on my set was I was too good at passing, always top 5 in the country, but the upped pass coverage on this set has lowered that a lot.)

Also maybe a penalty slider thing like you mentioned earlier, as before I had always used Matt10's settings with my set, where the intentional grounding is at 99.
The issue I had here was that it wasn't blanket coverage on the 4th down. They ran Curls out of Gun, Y-Trips HB Weak, and that slot post route was breaking between the deep zones, and had a step on his man (I was in Cover 2 Man), pressure wasn't there yet, it's 4th and 7, you're down 5, this is for the game. I'd expect most quarterbacks to take the risk.

I'll try IG at 99 and see how it goes. Question though, how are you not seeing games like the OU-Texas Tech game when Mahomes and Mayfield were there, every week with QBA at 10 and coverage so low? On the old set with PCV at 30, when I went to QBA at 10, I could easily throw for 450 and 5 scores on 90% completions every single time if I wanted to. Posts, corners, slants, curls, corners, ins, outs were all incredibly easy to complete. I had to jack up coverage to where it's at now to get any consistently good coverage on those routes, while also not having too many picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »