Home

Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

This is a discussion on Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2020, 10:58 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Honestly, none that I've noticed. Most have come from me forcing stuff that worked last season when I had a better QB who could hit tight windows better and didn't underthrow every deep ball.
Encouraging sign. Almost off work, actually early for a game night, so should be able to get a couple of games come in before bed. Cautiously optimistic about the set so far. Once we get nailed down I知 going to try it with a walk on team against Clemson on both AA and Heisman. If the trench play is how it is now it should be akin to any Clemson vs FCS game where I should have no shot. I still think the trench play is helping everything all into place on both sides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2020, 12:31 AM   #42
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG42
Encouraging sign. Almost off work, actually early for a game night, so should be able to get a couple of games come in before bed. Cautiously optimistic about the set so far. Once we get nailed down I知 going to try it with a walk on team against Clemson on both AA and Heisman. If the trench play is how it is now it should be akin to any Clemson vs FCS game where I should have no shot. I still think the trench play is helping everything all into place on both sides
Let me know how it works, and what exactly you've got everything on. Appreciate all the feedback man.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-29-2020, 03:17 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Let me know how it works, and what exactly you've got everything on. Appreciate all the feedback man.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
No Problem man. Okay I went ahead and started the all walk on test. For this since I'm still using the base roster Ohio State is #1 and a 99 overall, 99 offense, and 97 defense. I'm 23 across the board. I plan to play this game four times once as each team on both AA and Heisman. Settings and sliders same as what we've been using except I tried CPU int at 25. Using 5 min quarters to get through the games faster since we're looking for specific things. Below is the break down of the first game.

AA difficulty
Ohio State 42
ME-10 (only played three quarters saw enough)
Takeaways
Line play was on point. I finished with -22 rushing yards thanks to four sacks. I had eight yarfd rushing on 9 carries with the RB. On the flip side I only sacked Braxton Miller once on a blitz. Got virtually no pressure on him even with blitzes so that's a plus. I was skeptical early on because opening drive I moved the ball with ease very little pressure but they tightened up in the red zone and I was held to 3. Miller single handedly killed me scored all by one TD threw for 139 yards and 2 TD's at 68% ran for 8-61-2. Everything looked good except for the coverage for the CPU. With a 50 overall QB and no aiming I went 15-25, 218, 1-1, 60%. My top receiver, a 47 overall, had 7-85 including four tough jump ball type catches. While the defense dropped several picks (which is what we wanted) their lone pick was in the red zone to end the thrid which they returned for six. Also had 6 faskmasks but I think that's just something we have to live with in order to ger somewhat accurate penalty totals. Used the Texas A&M playbook since it's OP and known for great shotgun run and route concepts. Didn't call the same play twice. Again trench play was great OSU lived in the backfield. Testing the reverse now
Old 12-29-2020, 03:51 AM   #44
Rookie

AA
Ohio State (me) 42
ND A&M 2 (ended after third-quarter again)

Takeaways
Yes you read that right lol they got a safety. Once again the trench play shined they finished with -1 yard of offense and -48 yards rushing lmao. Their RB had 9 carries for -17 yards and I had four sacks. On the flip side I was sacked three times and went just 4-12, 88, 0-1, 33%. They locked me down I was floored. I mean my guys got almost no separation and my left guard got beat for two of the sacks. My RB ran for 211 yards and four scores on 14 carries with a long of 71. Game started with me running the opening kick 74 yards and punching it in on the first play. Thought it would be smooth sailing but I was wrong. Kinda reminded me of when the Citidel played Bama and Clemson close for a period before getting blown out. Will play the reverse this afternoon after I get some shut eye. I'm still blown away by me ease to pass against Ohio State but my struggles passing against a team full of walk ons
Old 12-29-2020, 02:57 PM   #45
Rookie

Got some rest and got back to testing before work. Plan to get the last two games in. Here is the first one

Heisman
Ohio State 42
Me- 10
called half way through third

Takeaways
By far best trench play I've ever seen. I know I keep harping on it but it's just so damn good. Unlike last nights test games I saw great second and third level blocking by OSU. In fact, four of their five starting linemen had SIX PANCAKES EACH! Never seen numbers like that but I like it. They should do that against overmatched foes. Miller was once again dominate had 85 yards rushing in the first quarter and took first play 69-yards for six. His lone mistake was a pick inside the 30 that led to my only TD. He went 18-20, 248, 1-1, 90%, long 50, sacked once on a blitz. Was able to get more pressure with the blitzes then I did on AA last night. Unlike last night they only ran 16 times and the RB had just 43 yards and a score on 6 carries but led in receiving with 5-51. For me I was sacked once and went 12-32, 145, 1-0, 37%, long 21. OSU dropped a good 5-6 picks which I feel like could be average to real life numbers? I'm a Big12 guy and there's so many dropped picks lol. I gave up on the run game early because I got zero blocking. OSU coverage much better. Outside of the scoring drive off the pick and a 2 min drive before the half that led to FG I couldn't do anything. The WR that ate yesterday had five for 53 most coming on the 2 min drill drive. I had four drops they had none. Out gained 417-135 and out first downed 16-8. Doing final test now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #46
Rookie

Final test game in this series. Once again called after three.

Heisman
Ohio State (me)- 35
ND A&M- 0

Takeaways
By far the most competitive the walk on CPU has been. They actually had positive rushing yards at one point before the sacks brought them into the negative. Was also surprised they were able to cross the 50 three times but each time came away empty. Despite only having 111 yards and 8 first downs they gave me a good game. CPU QB went 11-18, 116, 0-0, 61%, long 26, sacked 4 times. Leading WR had 3-43, leading rusher had 6-16. For me I was sacked once thanks to great coverage but was hit several times and had to even scrable for a score. Usally when they would blitz. Miller went 7-12, 150, 1-0, 58%, long 40. Rushing he had 5-48-2. RB had 9-134-1, long of 67. Had three drops but two were great plays by the CPU DB's breaking the ball up in the air (the contested jump ball animation). Best part though were the penalties. Only one facemask but I had an offensive pass interference call negate a first down and I even had a scoop and score on a strip sack to end the third. I haven't had a scoop and score in YEARS. Curious to hear your thoughts
Old 12-29-2020, 04:39 PM   #47
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
No Problem man. Okay I went ahead and started the all walk on test. For this since I'm still using the base roster Ohio State is #1 and a 99 overall, 99 offense, and 97 defense. I'm 23 across the board. I plan to play this game four times once as each team on both AA and Heisman. Settings and sliders same as what we've been using except I tried CPU int at 25. Using 5 min quarters to get through the games faster since we're looking for specific things. Below is the break down of the first game.

AA difficulty
Ohio State 42
ME-10 (only played three quarters saw enough)
Takeaways
Line play was on point. I finished with -22 rushing yards thanks to four sacks. I had eight yarfd rushing on 9 carries with the RB. On the flip side I only sacked Braxton Miller once on a blitz. Got virtually no pressure on him even with blitzes so that's a plus. I was skeptical early on because opening drive I moved the ball with ease very little pressure but they tightened up in the red zone and I was held to 3. Miller single handedly killed me scored all by one TD threw for 139 yards and 2 TD's at 68% ran for 8-61-2. Everything looked good except for the coverage for the CPU. With a 50 overall QB and no aiming I went 15-25, 218, 1-1, 60%. My top receiver, a 47 overall, had 7-85 including four tough jump ball type catches. While the defense dropped several picks (which is what we wanted) their lone pick was in the red zone to end the thrid which they returned for six. Also had 6 faskmasks but I think that's just something we have to live with in order to ger somewhat accurate penalty totals. Used the Texas A&M playbook since it's OP and known for great shotgun run and route concepts. Didn't call the same play twice. Again trench play was great OSU lived in the backfield. Testing the reverse now
Quote:
AA
Ohio State (me) 42
ND A&M 2 (ended after third-quarter again)

Takeaways
Yes you read that right lol they got a safety. Once again the trench play shined they finished with -1 yard of offense and -48 yards rushing lmao. Their RB had 9 carries for -17 yards and I had four sacks. On the flip side I was sacked three times and went just 4-12, 88, 0-1, 33%. They locked me down I was floored. I mean my guys got almost no separation and my left guard got beat for two of the sacks. My RB ran for 211 yards and four scores on 14 carries with a long of 71. Game started with me running the opening kick 74 yards and punching it in on the first play. Thought it would be smooth sailing but I was wrong. Kinda reminded me of when the Citidel played Bama and Clemson close for a period before getting blown out. Will play the reverse this afternoon after I get some shut eye. I'm still blown away by me ease to pass against Ohio State but my struggles passing against a team full of walk ons
Quote:
Got some rest and got back to testing before work. Plan to get the last two games in. Here is the first one

Heisman
Ohio State 42
Me- 10
called half way through third

Takeaways
By far best trench play I've ever seen. I know I keep harping on it but it's just so damn good. Unlike last nights test games I saw great second and third level blocking by OSU. In fact, four of their five starting linemen had SIX PANCAKES EACH! Never seen numbers like that but I like it. They should do that against overmatched foes. Miller was once again dominate had 85 yards rushing in the first quarter and took first play 69-yards for six. His lone mistake was a pick inside the 30 that led to my only TD. He went 18-20, 248, 1-1, 90%, long 50, sacked once on a blitz. Was able to get more pressure with the blitzes then I did on AA last night. Unlike last night they only ran 16 times and the RB had just 43 yards and a score on 6 carries but led in receiving with 5-51. For me I was sacked once and went 12-32, 145, 1-0, 37%, long 21. OSU dropped a good 5-6 picks which I feel like could be average to real life numbers? I'm a Big12 guy and there's so many dropped picks lol. I gave up on the run game early because I got zero blocking. OSU coverage much better. Outside of the scoring drive off the pick and a 2 min drive before the half that led to FG I couldn't do anything. The WR that ate yesterday had five for 53 most coming on the 2 min drill drive. I had four drops they had none. Out gained 417-135 and out first downed 16-8. Doing final test now
Quote:
Final test game in this series. Once again called after three.

Heisman
Ohio State (me)- 35
ND A&M- 0

Takeaways
By far the most competitive the walk on CPU has been. They actually had positive rushing yards at one point before the sacks brought them into the negative. Was also surprised they were able to cross the 50 three times but each time came away empty. Despite only having 111 yards and 8 first downs they gave me a good game. CPU QB went 11-18, 116, 0-0, 61%, long 26, sacked 4 times. Leading WR had 3-43, leading rusher had 6-16. For me I was sacked once thanks to great coverage but was hit several times and had to even scrable for a score. Usally when they would blitz. Miller went 7-12, 150, 1-0, 58%, long 40. Rushing he had 5-48-2. RB had 9-134-1, long of 67. Had three drops but two were great plays by the CPU DB's breaking the ball up in the air (the contested jump ball animation). Best part though were the penalties. Only one facemask but I had an offensive pass interference call negate a first down and I even had a scoop and score on a strip sack to end the third. I haven't had a scoop and score in YEARS. Curious to hear your thoughts
For scoop and scores - I set Strip Ball to Aggressive for both defenses. Because I have fatigue off, I formation sub in the #2 and sometimes #3 backs into a few sets to simulate auto subs for the CPU, running back is the only position I really care to see the CPU sub at. So when I do the subs, I make that adjustment for the CPU.

Everything looks good in those games, OSU dominating every time as they should. Completions a bit high for the walk on team, but NCAA 14 is a very pass friendly game, plus I swear your players tend to play above their ratings when you're a massive underdog vs when it's more even.

I think the run game should stay where it's at. 50 RDEF, 40 TAK for both sides, 50 RBA for the user, 65 for CPU, and 5/35 for RBK. Pass blocking at 35/40 has also been very solid for me, I think those are nailed down. To clamp down on completion percentages a bit maybe could try PCV at 100 for the user? Then again, even bad QBs IRL hover around the high 50s-low 60s most of the time. I've gotten torn up for 70+ quite a bit this season, but I have a 3-4 defense that starts linebackers who are 67, 68, 65, 77 rated because I took over a team that was stacked with juniors and seniors. Those backers (77 is OK) are BAD. Terrible awareness/play rec, not great coverage ratings either. My safeties also aren't great in coverage, with my FS sitting at a 69 ZCV rating after being hit hard in manual progression. Combine that with the CPUs insistence on checking it down, especially with lower rated QBs, and I'm not mad at the completion percentages I'm seeing.

Played Pitt last night and won 46-29, their starter was hurt and their 69 overall backup had to play. Went 24/32 (75%), 248 and a score. Had one 65 yard catch and run after by CB2 got smoked off the line, take that away and he was at 183 on 23 completions. He also took off when pressured, didn't pass it. Missed a few throws. Would rather see something like 19/32, but I can't force the CPU to make tough throws vs take the available checkdown.
Old 12-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
For scoop and scores - I set Strip Ball to Aggressive for both defenses. Because I have fatigue off, I formation sub in the #2 and sometimes #3 backs into a few sets to simulate auto subs for the CPU, running back is the only position I really care to see the CPU sub at. So when I do the subs, I make that adjustment for the CPU.

Everything looks good in those games, OSU dominating every time as they should. Completions a bit high for the walk on team, but NCAA 14 is a very pass friendly game, plus I swear your players tend to play above their ratings when you're a massive underdog vs when it's more even.

I think the run game should stay where it's at. 50 RDEF, 40 TAK for both sides, 50 RBA for the user, 65 for CPU, and 5/35 for RBK. Pass blocking at 35/40 has also been very solid for me, I think those are nailed down. To clamp down on completion percentages a bit maybe could try PCV at 100 for the user? Then again, even bad QBs IRL hover around the high 50s-low 60s most of the time. I've gotten torn up for 70+ quite a bit this season, but I have a 3-4 defense that starts linebackers who are 67, 68, 65, 77 rated because I took over a team that was stacked with juniors and seniors. Those backers (77 is OK) are BAD. Terrible awareness/play rec, not great coverage ratings either. My safeties also aren't great in coverage, with my FS sitting at a 69 ZCV rating after being hit hard in manual progression. Combine that with the CPUs insistence on checking it down, especially with lower rated QBs, and I'm not mad at the completion percentages I'm seeing.

Played Pitt last night and won 46-29, their starter was hurt and their 69 overall backup had to play. Went 24/32 (75%), 248 and a score. Had one 65 yard catch and run after by CB2 got smoked off the line, take that away and he was at 183 on 23 completions. He also took off when pressured, didn't pass it. Missed a few throws. Would rather see something like 19/32, but I can't force the CPU to make tough throws vs take the available checkdown.
I agree I think we got trench played nailed down perfectly. I値l give the 100 user pass coverage a go word my Idaho test dynasty. What actually surprised me was how real life that last test felt. No super LB cheese or cheese of any kind. I was actually concerned when they were driving on me lol after dominating them on AA. I will say the trench play on Heisman was much another especially in the second level I mean the pancakes were brutal. I値l switch my Idaho testing to Heisman since I知 satisfied with the way the set plays on AA. I think we池e really close here. Have you played with the CPU int at 25 yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »