Home

Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

This is a discussion on Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

Second the Kawkeye manual progression is a must. I’ve done a couple of test runs and man when it’s brutal it’s BRUTAL but I like it. That occurred after I took a head job so it made sense to me guys don’t buy in and some don’t fit the system. I did have a question regarding your (Young’s) injury edits. About how many injuries do you see a year? I currently use some similar to Von Doizer’s and just want to kinda compare the two
Old 12-17-2020, 10:23 AM   #10
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG42
Second the Kawkeye manual progression is a must. I’ve done a couple of test runs and man when it’s brutal it’s BRUTAL but I like it. That occurred after I took a head job so it made sense to me guys don’t buy in and some don’t fit the system. I did have a question regarding your (Young’s) injury edits. About how many injuries do you see a year? I currently use some similar to Von Doizer’s and just want to kinda compare the two
I generally see anywhere from 3 to 6 guys miss serious time. I get quite a few temporary injuries, backs in particular often get knocked out for for a half or a game. This season I lost my #2 back for 3 games, #1 corner for 2, starting RT for 2, starting LG for 6 (season-ending). Still 2 games to go, 3 if I make a bowl, I'm 4-6.

Kawkeye's system is great. Super simple and takes about 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I generally see anywhere from 3 to 6 guys miss serious time. I get quite a few temporary injuries, backs in particular often get knocked out for for a half or a game. This season I lost my #2 back for 3 games, #1 corner for 2, starting RT for 2, starting LG for 6 (season-ending). Still 2 games to go, 3 if I make a bowl, I'm 4-6.

Kawkeye's system is great. Super simple and takes about 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
You have line injuries! I’m definitely going to have to try yours then I’ve never had an offensive line injury. I have no depth only about to finish my first year at New Mexico State using the default rosters so injuries would be devastating but a fun challenge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #12
MVP

young22's Arena

Just played an insane game with this set, I've actualy raised PCV to 90 and I think I'm gonna keep it there. Got upset by Kent State (76 OVR) with my WVU team (84) in Week 1. Was meant to be a tune up, but Kent kept it tight throughout and forced a trio of red zone turnovers, a pick and 2 fumbles. We had 3 defensive scores, 2 pick-sixes and a fumble return. It was a battle, and with 39 seconds left, Kent State scored to make it 45-42. We got a great kick return and completed a pass for 18 yards, but then couldn't get another first down and our 52 yard field goal try hit the crossbar to end the game. Painful way to lose but what a game it was.

We had 295 passing yards (17/25), 1 TD, 1 INT. Kent had 274 (22/32), 0 TD, 3 INT. 28 rushes, 131 yards, 2 TD for us, 40 rushes, 265 yards, 5 TD for them. My defense is an 80 overall, pretty poor front 7, good safeties (84 OVR true freshman at FS!!), young talents at corner. Kent ran a ball control offense and bullied us all day even if we did make some big plays on D.

Gonna test INT at 35. Liking the completion percentages, but don't want too many picks. May be something I have to live with though, since I've found INT at lower values can produce really screwy deep ball coverage. DB catch edits could be an option.

Last edited by young22; 12-19-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:24 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you man I've been looking for a slider set to make games competitive. Just finished a 3OT thriller w/ Bama. My only issue was facemask penalties, I had like 8 of them against the CPU and lack of turnovers. Other than that gameplay was smooth. Running was tough but was able to break off a big run. Passing was balanced with pressure and coverage. Will be using these for my dynasty!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1818.jpg (249.4 KB, 176 views)
Old 12-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #14
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp3la
Thank you man I've been looking for a slider set to make games competitive. Just finished a 3OT thriller w/ Bama. My only issue was facemask penalties, I had like 8 of them against the CPU and lack of turnovers. Other than that gameplay was smooth. Running was tough but was able to break off a big run. Passing was balanced with pressure and coverage. Will be using these for my dynasty!!!
Glad you like the set. I have facemask cranked up because I want to see some flags. I kind of envision it as a stand-in for PI and all the other stuff that isn't called. Still dead last in penalties and penalty yardage this season though.

Funny you mention a lack of turnovers, I have 13 picks and like 6 fumble recoveries through 5 games with an otherwise garbage defense. Has totally bailed us out, we're 3-2 and would otherwise likely be 1-4, but I am keeping an eye on it because the average team gets like 1 INT a game, we're over 2.5 right now. I love the completion percentages I'm seeing, just think the INTs are a bit much. We shall see if it evens out by the end of the year and we go on an INT dry spell. I did actually up PCV to 90 though for both myself and the CPU, so I may just try 80/45 again.

Edit: yeah I think I outthought myself on the PCV/INT. 80/45 appears to be the sweet spot.

Last edited by young22; 12-21-2020 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:23 PM   #15
MVP

young22's Arena

5 games with PCV 90, INT at varying settings (started at 45, tried all the way down to 20): CPU was 104/159 for 65.4%, 14.7 YPC. User was 123/189 for 65%, YPC is irrelevant because your offensive style will vary, I hovered around 14. I like this because I have a bad pass D and a very good QB, giving up 65% and also completing 65% seems fairly realistic, and is backed up by the numbers. The bad: I picked off the CPU 13 times. This may be in part because I accidentally had pass block down at 40, creating a few insta-panic throws right at a defender.

5 games with PCV 80, INT 45 like in OP: CPU was 141/189 for 74.6%, only 10.9 YPC. User was 142/204 for 73.1%. Almost 10% jump for the CPU, and an increase in checkdowns. I'd speculate that this is due to the higher INT slider making the CPU fear the downfield throw. Passing also became significantly easier for me, I wasn't forced into tough throws nearly as often, nor did I miss as often. I picked off the CPU less, but still had a 4 INT game leading to a somewhat cheap-feeling upset of #17 Miami. I raised PBK to 45, so the increase in checkdowns persisted even with that.

I think I'm gonna pursue a set with 90 PCV. That likely means User INTs down around 10, and CPU at 20-25. I'll see how that affects the deep ball in the final 2-3 games of my current season.

Looking at IRL numbers from 18-19 and 19-20, an average defense should be getting 9-12 picks per season. 18+ is absurd, defenses that are bad at generating picks should be down at 6-7. I currently have 20 through 10 games, with 3 3-pick games and 1 4-pick game. Average defense should be allowing somewhere around 55-60% completions, with a bad one up in the mid to high 60s, and anything under 55% is damn good.

80/45 works OK, but I HATE checkdowns. 14.7 YPC is a lot, but keep in mind my defense is very bad, that's actually in line with the worst defenses from 19-20, exactly what #127 Southern Miss gave up. Decent corners, good safeties, but only decent coverage backers and a weak pass rush. 10.9 on the other hand would rank among the top 15.

I would rather deal with excessive picks than checkdowns, because I can always just knock my DBs' catch ratings down. Very close to a final set! 5 years into my time playing the game hahaha. May just deal with high completion %, we'll see how 90 PCV, 20 user INT plays.

Last edited by young22; 12-25-2020 at 12:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2020, 08:47 AM   #16
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Yoo YOUNG, just showing some luv on your slider thread bro! Will give these a try too and let you know my results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »