Home

NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #33
Rookie

magicman411's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List

the biggest thing i want is louder crowds and HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE...

the best thing about college football is hearing thousands of fans yelling and shouting at the top of their lungs to disrupt the other team...
i dont have that effect at all in 12

i wanna be able to go into autzen as a top ranked team and not even hear or know what players will be doing until the play snaps...
shaking the camera would be a good way of implementing home field advantage but i want something more like missed routes and the players getting pumped up..

it is way to easy in the game to go to a top ranked teams house and crush them with 40 pts...
Old 08-24-2011, 06:16 AM   #34
Rookie

Quack_Addict's Arena

Talking Re: NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Post what presentational elements you would like to see in the game.

*The ball size, color & shape needs to be adjusted.*

This is ridiculous.

• Different commentary crew packages
  • Better sidelines (players/coaches)
  • Chain Gang on sidelines
  • MORE stat overlays/starting lineups/player profile
  • Real replay and camera angles (think Madden 12)
  • Different networks - CBS/FOX (probably low probability of this)

to piggy back a little bit on this...would it be too much to ask for the ball to have a nice spiral? i have seen too many times showing a replay and the ball is rotating and out of nowhere will start rotating the other direction...WTF?!

the occasional dead ducks are perfect, but when i throw a perfect spiral and the ball cant decide which way to rotate, it kinda spoils it a little for me...seems like a detail that should not even be an issue. and also, the VERY FEW times the ball does rotate the same way the whole way it spirals as if it came out of the left hand on a right handed QB and vice versa. Please and thank you.
NBA - Trail Blazers

Old 08-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #35
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

My #1 wish in the presentation dept is the use of commentary that wasn't recorded in 1999.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Post what presentational elements you would like to see in the game.

*The ball size, color & shape needs to be adjusted.*

This is ridiculous.

• Different commentary crew packages
  • Better sidelines (players/coaches)
  • Chain Gang on sidelines
  • MORE stat overlays/starting lineups/player profile
  • Real replay and camera angles (think Madden 12)
  • Different networks - CBS/FOX (probably low probability of this)

Especially this one. When you think about it, I can't believe that they haven't done this before! They had this in NCAA Basketball 2010 and I wish that this game had it. Do they not realize that almost all SEC games (atleast where I am at) are on CBS on Saturdays. I mean come on Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson on a Saturday calling SEC its a tradition in an of itself.

I also think FOX would be an ok addition but mainly for the bowl games.

I think this defenately need to be added, especially when it was done in a game that is now 3 years old!

But hey, thats just my .02!

Formerly an unhappy PS3 owner and now a PROUD Xbox 360 owner.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #37
Rookie

tha2one's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoItaliano
-Ribbon score boards (Nebraska, Penn State, Alabama, etc)

-Chain gang

-Line of scrimmage line

-When Nebraska scores their 1st points of the game show their fans releasing balloons

-When Texas A&M scores show the guys kissing their girlfriends

-Game clock read 15:00 min per quarter despite how many minutes you choose to play (just like FIFA and NHL series)

-Animation for Nebraska defensive players doing the crossbones after a TFL or defensive stop

-Home team sideline should have way more players than visiting team sideline and show sideline players reacting to whats happening on field

-Student section

-Fans rushing field after upset

-Better commentary

-More fight songs and team specific chants

-Band on field during team entrances and show coaches leading the way during the entrance

-More penalties (horse collar, late hit, etc) and have offsetting penalties on the same play
THIS.

And Also ADD PRE/HALFTIME/POST game shows/highlights.

And ADD ESPN SCORES AROUND THE LEAGUE TICKER on DYNASTY MODES!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 6
Playable broadcast camera angle.

Add FIFA/pro evolution soccer style player location radar screen to bottom of broadcast camera view to make it playable (i.e. can see the defenders on the radar screen when making a pass decision like passing the ball in FIFA even though you can't see all the players on the field).
Old 09-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #39
Rookie

IGetBiddies's Arena

OVR: 5

-See fans storming the field after a huge upset win like Baylor over TCU.
-COLLEGE GAMEDAY just like the old NCAAs with Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit doing pregame shows.
-Sports Illustrated covers!
-Heisman Presentation
-National Signing Day (Have top prospects pick hat at conference or even better do a national signing day program with Virtual Lee Corso or Kirk Herbstreit talking about where the top signees went)
-ESPN INTEGRATION SHOULD BE KEY THIS YEAR. THAT IS A HUGE REASON WHY THE NFL2K SERIES IS STILL THE BAR AGAINST WHICH FOOTBALL GAMES ARE MEASURED, ESPECIALLY PRESENTATION-WISE AND HERE WE ARE A DECADE LATER STILL WAITING FOR EA TO MATCH

Last edited by IGetBiddies; 09-03-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pregame

Great additions with certain teams. Most are a little generic, however. Given that it probably is difficult to fit 120 unique runouts onto one game disc due to memory issues, I would suggest using the season showdown servers for some good (it's useless as it is now). Take the top 25 teams in SS, and use the memory you have adding unique pregame traditions for each of those teams. For time's sake (this is already going to be a long post, I've been composing this since I've gotten familiar with the game), I'll only include one that is in dire need of being updated, my team, the Crimson Tide.

Alabama: You'll want to include the COACH leading the team from the tunnel to the entrance to the field, WALKING in front of the team. Maybe even include a couple of police officers and camera men. The runout is fine, though, and this you may want to add to the generic presentation as well, make them run through a walkway delineated by the marching band. Something like in the link below. Also, include the coach in the runout for generic teams too, they are always with the team for the runout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8_O...eature=related

And also, the teams usually stretch BEFORE the runout, the re-enter the locker room after stretching and then runout and right afterwards, there is the coin toss. Get the order right and it will be much better.

Stadium sounds.

I'm a bit of a sound engineer, so this one is important to me. You had some good additions to this, being able to add pregame sounds. I think there are a few more that you can add too. When the QB kneels, add one for that, so that you can do a Rammer Jammer or the like for other teams. On 4th down defense, make it so that it doesn't play when they are punting. Also, first down sounds happen when you get to X and inches, fix that. Have the ones for all teams play when you are playing against the computer too.

Crowd

This is in need of modifying. The crowd is nowhere near loud enough. You should make the max volume in this game about 50% of what is possible, and allow the user to adjust it from there. Allow also for traditions such as the White House of penn state, Blackout for Georgia etc. And for rivalry games and games against ranked opponents make it a lot more intense than for nonconference, cupcake games. Screen shaking, (coach cam is good), false starts when trying to fake snap with away teams, and this is key, pay attention...have the crowd be loud ON ALL DOWNS, not just third down. If you can't/don't do this, then regardless of what you may claim, you have not been to a college football game and are not a college football fan. The crowd is what makes college football what it is, and it is weak sauce right now. At the very least, add more preplay stadium sounds.

Chain Gang
There is no reason why this should not be in the game. It adds to the drama of the experience

General Presentation

I'll make this quick, and bold the key points, lots of improvements could be made here.

Add:
online Dynasty user game spectating.
ESPN updates from other important games from the week being played at the same time. No reason to add ESPN if you don't take advantage of it.
This may be a long shot, but ...College Gameday for dynasty previewing the top, let's say 5 games or so, from the week, with the GOTW having the crowd behind the crew during the show. It doesn't have to be too extravagant. Maybe do the same thing with Season Showdown, and add the top 25 teams gameday locations. At least add Corso doing the head gear...
Camera Angles Zoom out a little on the broadcast cameras. Allow for minor adjustments to be made so that you can save better highlights.
Nix the self-promotion EVERYONE knows that you have a monopoly on sports games, there is NO NEED for you to remind everyone at the start, end, and throughout the game on the scoreboard animation. Again, USE ESPN if you are going to add them to the game.
Duplicate numbers Allow a number to be used once on offense, and once on defense.
Get rid of generic songs played by the band in certain situations (i.e., after a fourth down conversion), it's stupid
Homecoming and senior day Use your imagination
Crowd rushing the field after a HUGE upset That is, a non ranked team, beating a top 10 team. Maybe give an option for that (I know NCAA has expressed their wussy concerns about the integrity of the game, try an negotiate)
NEUTRAL SITES This is a pet peeve of mine. There are neutral sites EVERY YEAR, in big games especially early in the season (See Oregon/LSU, Boise St, Georgia)
Different commentary for different broadcasts National broadcast, Todd Blackledge/Rece Davis/Anyone other than Kirk and Brad Nessler. Regional Broadcast, anyone that you won't have to pay a ton of money to. GOTW, Try to get kirk and Brent Musberger, PRETTY PLEASE!!! I'd be willing to pay for a downloadable option for this
Downloadable uniforms You guys should be on top of this, this is becoming a new fad, and a big deal to a lot of people.
Half Time Show ala, Madden, showing highlights from your game, other games, and scores and stats from your game and other games.
Game clock reads 15:00 all the time make it move faster, like in fifa, if need be. Or just run more time off between plays/getting the ball set etc. (until 2 minutes left in each half)
Rugby style punts

Penalties MORE OF THEM, and not the same ones, and not always randomly called. This is a key element of the game that is lacking. Specific suggestions, are listed below in regard to STRATEGY, which I think is stupid as it is now, but has huge potential.
Changes in strategy should have benefits in regard to better, more opportunistic play, and negatives of MORE PENALTIES.
Make holding, clipping/block in the back called on plays where the QB drops back 30 yards, or scrambles too much (and FINALLY punish the cheesers)
Bring back facemask/Horse collars for strategy set to strip ball
Make interference for strategy set to aggressive interceptions (or for catching on offense).
Late hits out of bounds/unnecessary roughness/roughing passer,kicker for big hits set to aggressive

I will stop there, these are the main things presentation wise that would make the game much more enjoyable for me. That said, I think you guys mean well, but we need to see more effort on your part. We are giving you the ideas, you need to follow through, and work with us. You may even consider hiring some more people, fans of certain teams perhaps, to give you some ideas for how to better improve this game, cause in today's age, there is no reason why you couldn't at least add SOME of the ideas above. Some of them not being there is just ignorance on your part. Let's make EA Sports, truly, "...in the Game", and not, "...in the Money"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »