Home

PSU vs WVU

This is a discussion on PSU vs WVU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: PSU vs WVU

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
In 08 I have to play 10 minute quarters to get a realistic amount of plays. I hope in 09 if I have the same settings I'm not scoring 60 points a game.
I wouldn't worry about that, it's apparent (to me anyways) that 09 has a bit more incompletions. If anything you may score less on 10 minute quarters in 09 than 08.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm sorry but if people think the gameplay is unchanged then you might want to pop in NCAA 08, play at default AA, and see how many interceptions were thrown, fumbles were lost, the choppy running, etc.

It's not a brand new game but it looks like they addressed some major issues. The CPU does have a high completion rate but we haven't seen what happens if you raise pass deflections, interceptions or lower cpu acc.

The great online dynasty, visual improvements, gameplay fixes, and stadium sounds (which will add great atmosphere) is enough for me to buy it.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #75
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
I'm sorry but if people think the gameplay is unchanged then you might want to pop in NCAA 08, play at default AA, and see how many interceptions were thrown, fumbles were lost, the choppy running, etc.

It's not a brand new game but it looks like they addressed some major issues. The CPU does have a high completion rate but we haven't seen what happens if you raise pass deflections, interceptions or lower cpu acc.

The great online dynasty, visual improvements, gameplay fixes, and stadium sounds (which will add great atmosphere) is enough for me to buy it.
QFT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #76
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid

My thoughts exactly.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #77
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

I.Hate.The.Damn.Mascots!!!

What in the world are they thinking with that?1?

Who in the EA/Tiburon offices stood up and said we need MORE mascots (aka we need more cowbell!).

Where are the stats? Do we have to STILL pause the game to see who's doing what? All of the time an resources and not to mention disc space is taken up storing all of these damn mascot cut-scenes. it's like they are trying hide something by showing the mascots and cheerleaders so much...

Ugh!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #78
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I didn't watch any of the second half. Did they show any stat overlays during the second half besides the Pontiac Drive Summary?
look towards the bottom right, above the play clock, you'll see the stats. sometimes it shows the previous play, other times it shows the game stats for a player.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #79
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Alarm Bell #1 - first WVU drive of the game, maybe their first PLAY, Pat White, a left-handed Q, is sprinting to his RIGHT and manages to throw BACK ACROSS THE FIELD to a WIDE-OPEN WR on a slant route...disheartening to say the least because that is TRUE EA-style football right there...this nonsense needs to be stripped from the game already! I can't stand that total disregard for the laws of physics. I was not a gigantic fan of the 2K series, but I have to say they nailed this aspect of gameplay and EA stubbornly refuses to make a meaningful change to their game EVERY STINKING YEAR.

I guar-an-god-damn-tee that online play will once again be a mess of moronic play from guys who emulate Madden Challenge with college players...

Reality score = -1
at first i agreed with you, but after rewatching it, you can see that White stopped turned and planted his feet to throw. the animation was a little too fast, but it wasn't like he was throwing off his back foot or anything.

i know the back foot throw is still there, but there were times it wasn't as effective.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #80
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

I though I only seen 1 int and 0 fumbles the whole game! That would have been eclipsed in the first few minutes of a game in the 08 version. It may not look to have the upgrades Madden is listing on paper, but the turnover issue solved is a huge step forward for me. From this and Steves impressions, it looks like things are back to normal finally.
Twitter
YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »