Home

Apology to OMT - We have been hard

This is a discussion on Apology to OMT - We have been hard within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #33
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Apology to OMT - We have been hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Being that there are no other NCAA or NFL games being made we would still fall into the hype.
I know this is beating a dead horse,but EA really needs competition in the NFL/NCAAF arena.
I was just looking at teh back of the box and how it says "#1 rated NCAA football game", and I was like uhhhhhhhh.....isnt it the ONLY game?

See, I guarantee you theres some undecided kid/guy out there who looks and see that on the back of the box and says, "Wow, it's the #1 rated game....I've gotta get it!"
Old 07-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #34
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Point well taken.

But hope springs eternal, and I always cross my fingers on 7/15, make the plunge, and pray that things are finally -- next-gen-wise -- up to par.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
here's what I don't get about I spent my hard earned money criticism.

Every single year on next gen, NCAA has always had something wrong with it. Last year it was the turnover glitch. I don't remember what it was with '07. With that said, even if you played the demo or what not, given the fact that the game has had issues in the past and many felt that those issues caused them to feel cheated before, wouldn't it make sense to take a wait and see approach?

I don't understand that argument/criticism.
Every year I pre-order NCAA and Madden and pick them up on day 1. This year I came within a hair of cancelling my pre-order based on what I was reading about problems from people I respect. I decided to go ahead with the purchase hoping that the fun factor would outweigh the problems enough to turn a blind eye to them. Unfortunately it doesn't, and I can't.

I don't blame anyone but myself for spending $60 of my "hard-earned money" because the warning signs were all there, but now that I have I'm damn sure going to exercise my right as a consumer to express my opinions about it, especially since there are people reading this forum in a position to do something about it in the future.

You're right that there have been major flaws with NCAA (and Madden) every year for the past few years, and that brings us to another issue: the lousy QA at Tiburon. When it happens once it can be blamed on something "slipping through the cracks," but when it happens year after year then the problem is systemic. That makes me very worried and skeptical about the release of Madden and NFL Head Coach, despite the positive advance buzz on both games.

Adam has been a stand-up guy for the most part and I'll give him credit, but the fact remains that EA released a buggy and unfinished game and he and the other devs shouldn't be insulated from criticism for this. And as consumers who paid $60 for this game we have every right to make our feelings known, both positive and negative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #36
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

What is it when its fool me ten times? Not saying thats me, but i know some people feel that way

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #37
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
well if you are loyal one year and get screwed, thats shame on them. But if you decide to buy again and get screwed, thats shame on you.
Ok CB I see what you are doing and where you are. But you are right and usually in that case I would go with another company who makes the same product.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 07-25-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Ok CB I see what you are doing and where you are.

*starts checking desk at work for hidden cameras*

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #39
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

*starts checking desk at work for hidden cameras*

It aint easy being green. LOL

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
What is it when its fool me ten times? Not saying thats me, but i know some people feel that way
IF people feel EA screwed them 10x then those people can't blame any1 but themselves for getting screwed after the 1st time.

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »