Home

Your Recruiting Strategy

This is a discussion on Your Recruiting Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your Recruiting Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Once a player is a soft commit, can you sway him to change or do you need to chalk him up to a loss and move on?
In past years I haven't been able to get a soft commit to change schools. This year however, I was able to change one soft commit into committing to my school. I actually unlocked this achievement last night for doing it:

Switcheroo (20) – Secure a commitment from a prospect that was a soft commit elsewhere.

What's really confusing me is that there are players who are soft commits to schools who haven't even offered them. In past years I was able to swoop in and steal some top 150 players who hadn't been offered by any schools, but not finding that to be the case this year. Many eventually become soft commits to schools who haven't even offered them.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Thanks guys. Tips on when to offer? I always offer if they are #1 on my list, but I struggle when to offer if they are not #1.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Thanks guys. Tips on when to offer? I always offer if they are #1 on my list, but I struggle when to offer if they are not #1.

if the player is not number 1 on the list, i generally wait to offer the week they are coming to visit. hopefully the offer plus the visit pushes them over the edge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Some feel moving guys up or down on your list changes how they feel about your program, do you guys agree?
Old 07-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Some feel moving guys up or down on your list changes how they feel about your program, do you guys agree?
I think it used to matter, but now the recruiting board is just used to sort your players I believe.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I know you say this jokingly, but I have always thought they should add the option to break some NCAA rules, but you risked getting caught and thereby fired + sanctions, etc.
That's an awesome idea, I love it! As noted above, though, there is no chance the NCAA would allow it.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

i went through a season with northern illinois and was only able to get 3 star recruits at the best. And i was disappointed with what their ratings started at. Does anyone know the breakdown in ranges(ratings) that a 5 Star, 4 star, 3 star and 2 Star recruit start at?
Old 07-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
It is best to offer people who have you #1 as well as 5* players. 4* and below you can wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »