Home

Your Recruiting Strategy

This is a discussion on Your Recruiting Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Your Recruiting Strategy

I'm using San Diego State, which is a one star program and my strategy has been to take a gamble and promise everyone no redshirt and a winning record aginst our rivals. I've combined that with offering schlarships to anyone who has me in their top three and right now I'm #1 with 17 guys who are all 2 and 3 star guys and I have one guy I'm still after who has me at #2 but I just closed the gap to within 80 points. Iowa State is his #1 and he is from Cali, so I've been really selling my location vs Iowa and it's really closing the gap. At this stage of my dynasty, I'll take pretty much anyone who will sign with me, once I get to the off-season I'm going to try and sign some one star guys from Texas in an effort to build a pipeline
Old 07-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I have one big confusing question.

Do you need to spend time with a recruit (20min-50min) if he's #1 on your list and he is from the same state? Or should I just skip talking to him and just offer him a scholarship? That is where I'm confused.
I would go to your board and select more info for that recruit and see what the gap is between you and his #2 choice. If someone is within 100 points I would call for at least 10-20 minutes
Old 07-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
Wait until the off-season. There is a "Cut players" stage. That is where you can cut players. You can't do it in-season and there is no reason for that anyways. You can't play a recruit until the following season.
Perfect thanks......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #52
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Does the order of your recruiting board matter this year? I know in years past it mattered where you ahd them ranked.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I would go to your board and select more info for that recruit and see what the gap is between you and his #2 choice. If someone is within 100 points I would call for at least 10-20 minutes
And I assume I would call for atleast 10-20 mins each week ..correct? How much of point gap between me and the #2 school would I consider him to be a lock for me? If the #2 school is 150+ points under me?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
And I assume I would call for atleast 10-20 mins each week ..correct? How much of point gap between me and the #2 school would I consider him to be a lock for me? If the #2 school is 150+ points under me?
I was just -280 on a recruit and after an hour call I closed the gap to -80 and now I'm going in for the kill, so 150 is definitely not a lock. It's really hard to tell when a guy is a lock though because I have no clue what the cpu's recruiting strategy is
Old 07-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 7

What's a good number for how many in-season commitments someone should be getting a year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

I got 19 with a 3 star prestige michigan in a online dynasty. We sim 5 years ahead so it comes down to the best recruiters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »