Home

Your Recruiting Strategy

This is a discussion on Your Recruiting Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #81
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Your Recruiting Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I can't look until after work, but I thought when you were adjusting your settings, that the second option down (level) was for CPU AI in gameplay, not recruiting. Are there two separate options, 1 for recruiting and one for gameplay?

Maybe I just missed it.

Hoping someone knows the answer to the recruiting board.
This is where you find it...

Dynasty>>Start New Dynasty>>Choose your team>>At the very bottom "Set Dynasty House Rules">>Second option down.

If you want to adjust it in a dynasty your already in....

Dynasty Setup>> 3rd option down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just a few points I follow which I have found successful....

- In pre-season recruiting If I am in their top 8 and more than 500 points behind I tend to let them be.

- If I am #1 on their list by more than 100 I will give them a scholarship week 1

- If I ever fall behind more than 500 points even if I am in their top 5 (by week 5-6 or so) I will usually let them go.

- Concentrate on your state and pipeline states. Makes a huge difference.
- However recently on a 5* out of state non pipeline CB that had my #5 on his list (I was only like 250pts behind leader) and he had a visit the next week after the week he was a soft commit. I was totally surprised. I was about to let him go if the visit didnt put me in the top 3. I was happy to see it made him soft commit.

- 40pts towards a recruit will usually keep you competitive with the computer even if they submit 50-60pts...just play it right.

- Don't get greedy with the 5* recruits just focus on the ones that are really interested in you and that are in your state/pipeline. For the most part chasing an out of state 5* is a waste of time.

I have others just cant think of them now....
Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #83
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Another recruiting question since everyone here seems to be pretty helpful. If I'm recruiting a player and his "stage" says Top 5, and I'm #8 lets say, does this mean he has eliminated anyone outside his top 5? Do i have a chance to jump back in the mix?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 15

What if I want a 4* or 5* recruit even though I'm a 3* school (Maryland), and he's not even on my top 10? Do I still have any chance whatsoever of obtaining him?

Or is the rule of thumb that the recruit MUST be in your top 10 to start with or you are wasting your time?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #85
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Another recruiting question since everyone here seems to be pretty helpful. If I'm recruiting a player and his "stage" says Top 5, and I'm #8 lets say, does this mean he has eliminated anyone outside his top 5? Do i have a chance to jump back in the mix?
Great question.

The only info I have on that is one time a recruit was at "top 10" and I wasn't on his board at all. I went for him anyway since he wasn't generating to much interest, and ended up getting him.

Now, Top 10 is the lowest I have seen this go, so is Top 10 just saying "who wants me?" and top 8,5, and 3 saying "I'm down to x teams"?

Another point to make. Can we agree that a soft commit is the equivalent to "top 1"? If so, you CAN steal soft commits.

Thats all the info I know. I'd be interested on a for sure answer though no doubt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #86
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGD419
Great question.

The only info I have on that is one time a recruit was at "top 10" and I wasn't on his board at all. I went for him anyway since he wasn't generating to much interest, and ended up getting him.

Now, Top 10 is the lowest I have seen this go, so is Top 10 just saying "who wants me?" and top 8,5, and 3 saying "I'm down to x teams"?

Another point to make. Can we agree that a soft commit is the equivalent to "top 1"? If so, you CAN steal soft commits.

Thats all the info I know. I'd be interested on a for sure answer though no doubt.
Yea, I'm curious to know if I'm wasting time with some of these guys. I have a few at Top 5 and I'm 6 or 8 and a few at Top 3 where I'm 4th. I don't want to give up on them but if I have no chance, I'd rather spend my time elsewhere.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #87
Rookie

UKryno50's Arena

OVR: 2

Okay i just finished my first year of dynasty with Miami. I had an amazing recruiting class. I had 20 commits total, four 5 stars, five 4 stars and nine 3 stars and the rest were 2 stars. All I did was find who the 10 top rated guys were who had me the highest and talked to them and hour every week. If I was number one I offered a scholly. The first week I had two diff instant commits from a 5 star and a 4 star. When those players committed I moved on to directly filling my board with the players who filled the needs for my teams. Every week I only talked to 10 players for an hour. Within 3 weeks I had every pitched figured out and thats when I went to hard selling and comparing to other schools. If i fell behind with a guy i tried to compare every pitch even if one was an A+ vs an A and I promised most of the guys who werent instant commits no redshirt, winner against rivals and game in home state. (most of my guys were pipeline anyway). Towards the end of the season I got the achievement for stealing a soft commit from another school so that can def be done and 3 of my five stars came in OFF SEASON recruiting. Dont slack at this time of the year. Those 3 five stars all had me in their top 4 and i talked to them as well 1 hour a week, promimsing, making visits and comparing as much as i could. It was pretty cool because the last 5 star player i signed was in week 5 of the off season recruiting and his top four were Tenn, FSU, Notre Dame and Miami. Tenn led and we were all behind -1 point. It felt like a real life superstar recruit was waiting until the last minute press conference and picked up that green/orange hat! I then got the achievement for #1 class.

sorry just felt like sharing my experience.

Miami Hurricanes

Cincinnati Reds

Chicago Bears

"To be the man...you've gotta beat the man"
Old 07-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yea, I'm curious to know if I'm wasting time with some of these guys. I have a few at Top 5 and I'm 6 or 8 and a few at Top 3 where I'm 4th. I don't want to give up on them but if I have no chance, I'd rather spend my time elsewhere.
I'm pretty sure you can still sign them..Yesterday I was going after a guy who had his choices down to "top 5" but I was 7th on his list...I decided to throw an hr on him for 2 straight weeks and I ended up moving up to 3rd...even though I didn't sign him since I moved up into his top 5 after he narrowed it down that has to be mean you still have a chance to sign them...It's probably not very likely though if your too far behind..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »