Home

Default Sliders

This is a discussion on Default Sliders within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Default Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpop72
Just to confirm....are you using the current sliders playmakers has posted without the patches? Thanks!
yeah. I use those. Even though its created for the patches, it works well without the patches. Running is alot tougher to stop.

The most notable difference between patched vs non-patched is the CPU D. Alot of the complaints when the game came out was defenders cutting off the receivers and "knowing" the routes. I have only found this to be true if I am running the same play multiple times in the game within a short time span. No longer will you be able to throw a deep post over the middle 100% of the time and vice versa. Your cpu D should play alot better with coverage and the middle of the field shoudlnt be wide open 100% of the itme. Also, you can run zone D and IT WORKS!

ANother big thing is that the QB will actually scramble. If nothing is open, they will tuck the ball and run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
yeah. I use those. Even though its created for the patches, it works well without the patches. Running is alot tougher to stop.

The most notable difference between patched vs non-patched is the CPU D. Alot of the complaints when the game came out was defenders cutting off the receivers and "knowing" the routes. I have only found this to be true if I am running the same play multiple times in the game within a short time span. No longer will you be able to throw a deep post over the middle 100% of the time and vice versa. Your cpu D should play alot better with coverage and the middle of the field shoudlnt be wide open 100% of the itme. Also, you can run zone D and IT WORKS!

ANother big thing is that the QB will actually scramble. If nothing is open, they will tuck the ball and run.
so you're saying the CPU D plays better pre-patch and the human D plays better pre-patch? I dont notice the middle of the field open 100% of the time. And I think my D plays much better, almost too good post-patch.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #27
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

I play with the patches, the only thing that bugs me is the play action passing, DE's just eat this up. Zone coverages for hum. and cpu seem inconsistent , but nothing that I cant handle. How many have tried deleting the patches and if so what do you think?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic75
I play with the patches, the only thing that bugs me is the play action passing, DE's just eat this up. Zone coverages for hum. and cpu seem inconsistent , but nothing that I cant handle. How many have tried deleting the patches and if so what do you think?
you think the one coverages are worse with the patches than without them? i just dont see it
Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #29
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

Well I havent tried but I agree, I just dont see it either.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like the default sliders pre-patch but there just seems to be too many FUMBLES, especially by the CPU. You guys having the same issue?

I'm thinking of going back to post-patch.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
so you're saying the CPU D plays better pre-patch and the human D plays better pre-patch? I dont notice the middle of the field open 100% of the time. And I think my D plays much better, almost too good post-patch.
I think so. Post patch on deep posts or slants, its open almost 100% of the time for me and I am using Midd Tenn state in the second year of the dynasty. Pre patch, its open sometimes and if you call the slants or posts alot, the D will adjust and shut it down.

The one thing I am noticing is that the rush D is ALOT better post patch. Pre patch it seems that defenders will get lost and actually stop pursuit or run the other direction of the football......which is very frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #32
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

The CPU QB actually scrambled before the patch? I don't remember seeing that, but if it's true I would consider deleting the patches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »