Home

Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

This is a discussion on Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

The question I always have is, will there be a way to fix this problem without making pro-style runs overpowered? I don't honestly know

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

I didn't think it was too bad. The GT players didn't give it near as many times as he was supposed to. He would've been much more sucessful. Also, the UH guy blizted alot which didn't help and neither did the nature of the 3-4. (The 3-4 has always been more difficult for me to run againat)
Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #19
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofm1508
sounds like he should have given the ball to the fullback then
Watch the video. In real life they don't give it to the FB every single time. This reminds me of people who argue that Play Action isnt broken in 11. Just because you don't "set a play up 100%" doesnt mean it should be a guaranteed, instant loss of yards when you run it every single time

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaticus
Are we complaining about the CPU running the option or when a human runs it? When I run it, I tend to run all over the D. The GT user was constantly getting tackled by the DE. Mebbe he should have switched over to a tight end based formation that would have accounted for him.
It's been established that human players can get an effective option run game going. Not the issue. If you play offline dynasty and you play Ga Tech or Navy you may as well as not even play the game because the cpu can not run their offense.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #21
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliefallstar
I didn't think it was too bad. The GT players didn't give it near as many times as he was supposed to. He would've been much more sucessful. Also, the UH guy blizted alot which didn't help and neither did the nature of the 3-4. (The 3-4 has always been more difficult for me to run againat)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #22
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Biggest problem with this offense IMO is the blocking. If you watch Navy's oline for example, they use combo blocks to block down and create lanes, they get low and take out the legs of the D-Line. You want to give the QB clear reads and that happens with the blocking schemes and NCAA fails to get the blocking of triple option teams right in this game.

A common blocking technique used in triple option(s) is the Center, Guard combo cut block. The center will engage the DT/NT then let him go to get to the LB, as soon as the center disengages from the DT/NT the guard will cut the legs of that DT/NT giving the FB or the QB a lane up the middle. You see this a lot with Paul Johnson's offense. It creates a large lane for the FB/QB and gets the center to the second level quickly. You WILL NEVER see that block in NCAA. NCAA needs to add cut blocks and that would be a huge help the triple option.

The Oline is always trying to cut the legs of defenders for a simple reason. If you are trying to keep from getting your legs cut, your arms are down, if your arms are down trying to keep from getting your legs taken out you cant use your arms to wrap up the ball carrier.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 07-06-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichFootball17
I think the problem is that not a single defender is fooled by the fake hand off to the FB. They're going straight to the real ball carrier every single time.
That's the problem I have too. And being that I play with Oregon, if I fake to HB#21 (we all know who that is) you would think LB's and DE's would honor the fact that he's one of the best backs in college football. If I decide to keep it with the QB, the defense isn't fooled at all AND my QB takes too long get to top sprint speed.

SO frustrating....
Old 07-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #24
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
The question I always have is, will there be a way to fix this problem without making pro-style runs overpowered? I don't honestly know
A separate set of sliders (offense and defense) for option and zone-read plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »