Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #41
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Finished my First RTG game, and all i can say, is yawn. I had a whopping 6 carries and 1 tackle. I was barely on the field enough to do anything on offense, and then most of the plays were passes. On Defense, it's like the offense avoids my guy like he's a leper who caught the plague. Not a single pass was thrown with 10-15 yards any direction of my zone/man. You have to be playing ridiculously far out of your zone, or off your man for the QB to even look that way. Eastern Michigan, here I come.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #42
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Wow sometimes I wonder do the developers even bother to sit down and play the game mode out too if there is any problems..I mean seriously no custom quarter lengths and u don't get the ball enough realistically...I mean its so obvious too see and recognize these issues is it just too hard to fix...
Old 07-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm a huge fan of RTG/Superstar/MyPlayer modes in sports games. I was very excited about NCAA 12's RTG mode, but it's still as bad as last year's iteration.

My criticisms, in no particular order:

1. 5 minute quarters. I was hoping they would've fixed this for 12. Why not at least give the people who don't give a sheet about online leaderboards an option to adjust the game length and have more realistic games. 5 minute quarters make for a very arcady style of play.

2. Horrible play calling logic. I can't count the number of times I've seen the CPU call two failed run plays, followed by a hail mary on 3rd and long. As a QB (before you can alter plays), I was lucky to get 10 pass plays called per game. My stats were like, 5-9 140 yds, 1 TD, while my CPU HB averaged 250+ ypg.

3. Way too easy to progress in ratings. I was rated 99 OVR going into my 4th game as a freshman. It was my second start and I was already better than anyone in the NCAA. Where's the challenge?

4. Weird progression system. I was hoping for something similar to NBA2k's My Player system, in which you could allocate skill points however you wanted. With the "Skill Upgrade" random boost generator, there's almost no customization. You just get whatever pops up this week. Skills are all bunched together. Makes for less unique players, and more a "jack of all trades" type of player.

5. Certain positions are a JOKE to play. Playing as a DB is counterintuitive to the point of being broken. If you play the way you're supposed to (guard your man/zone, be conservative), the CPU will just throw the ball to the other side of the field every play. I ended several games with 0 tackles and no points, though I was playing very well (never blew coverage or let my guy catch a pass). It's more beneficial to your rating progression to just blitz every play or ball hawk and risk giving up the deep ball. The system encourages you to play incorrectly. It's very unlike NBA2k's My Player, which encouraged team play (good passes, screens, assists, etc.).

Anyway.. It might just be me. Others may like the arcadyness of this mode, but I'm quite disappointed.

Last edited by CMH; 07-12-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: relax with your words. There are better ways to say this.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #44
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

RTG still can't even adjust the quarter time? WHAT A JOKE.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #45
Rookie

Stavie Steelo's Arena

OVR: 0

RTG is OK except for the fact I get one play in the Redzone bring them to the one, than they pull me. I get to run the ball a max 8 or 9 times a game as HB. I can't get barly any tackles at FS and I play there every play and it is my 2nd position. Not sure how to get the ball more or get any recruiting points. Guess I will just let it play out and see what crappy schools offer me stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

My team name is Wilmington Hurricanes and every game my name changes somehow. Ive been the Crusaders, Wasps, Hawkeyes makes no sence can anyone help solve this?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #47
Rookie

Stavie Steelo's Arena

OVR: 0

Ran for 220 yards and 3 TD's and it was a 2 star performance WTF is that ****?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #48
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Looks like they did away with no commentary on non-tv games in dynasty mode. Kind of sucks. It's been like that forever and I always liked just the PA announcer for second rate games. It added some flavor and realism to dynasty games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »