Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #65
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

There's just something off about RTG. When I play a regular season, I player lock every play as the SS, and would always lead my team in tackles, and would usually win the thorpe award. But in RTG, I can hardly get over 3 tackles, and the plays almost always seem to go away from my guy. It get's really frustrating to be doing practically nothing all game.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
There's just something off about RTG. When I play a regular season, I player lock every play as the SS, and would always lead my team in tackles, and would usually win the thorpe award. But in RTG, I can hardly get over 3 tackles, and the plays almost always seem to go away from my guy. It get's really frustrating to be doing practically nothing all game.
It may mean RTG is more realistic. A SS usually doesn't lead the team in tackles.

On the flipside, I'm doing just fine right now. Had a breakout game in the 3rd game of the year, 5 catches for 90+ yards and a TD. Got interest from Purdue, Northwestern, and Louisville for both WR and FS. Added Northwestern, since they run a spread. and Purdue, just to have options at S.

Teams will recruit you based on where you live. The lower prestige teams will offer you if you're in the area, so you'd have to become a blue chip to get the big offers.

It's possible to put up numbers, just be creative. Also on D, I'd say you have to pursue the BALL every play. Don't try to jump routes though, because you WILL get beat/exposed. Also be wary of overpursuing and using the hit stick.

I will say, it's frustrating to see the other corners get abused routinely, and my QB make questionable throws. The guy couldn't even throw a middle screen.

BTW, I'm playing on All-American. Not gonna even try controlling one player on Heisman, especailly since it seems like the CPU AI is much lower in RTG.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #67
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Just played my first game in RTG. I'm a WR/FS, which is what I initially played in HS (did switch to CB but didnt like it, so switched back.).

Score: Thornton 37. Hillcrest 7 (Last year, Thornton blew them out 55-10, so it was realistic.

Personal stats: 5 catches, 41 yards, long of 13, no drops. 40 recruiting points
1 tackle, 1 TFL, one INT. 60 recruiting points.

I will say that I missed 2 tackles for sure because of the janky camera angle. The first tackle I missed ended up being their lone score, a 57 yard scamper. The other was immediately cleaned up. As for the camera, I guess it sort of wobbles as you approach the ball carrier, depending on the direction he's running as well as the angle you're pursuing.

I did have to cheese a hurry up at one point just to get 2 catches. I wasn't targeted until the 2nd quarter, and apparently I'm an impact player on the team, so that's a problem.

I will say, if you don't like the fact that you're getting subbed out, change the sliders to not sub out WRs, or your position. Don't know if it'll work, but I got subbed out on O quite a bit, but not as much on D.

Also, it seems like the gameplay stays away from you. I can say that from experience, being a S is like being a OF in baseball, not as much action as the LBs and DL. If you play those positions, you'd be in on the play a lot.

As for running/passing, try adjusting your philosophy. I set my teams offense to a spread based running attack, but they ran too much. Also, we only run out of the gun, so I have to apply that to my RTG as well. But this is most likely looking like a test run so I can make adjustments.

Also, I recommend NOT using sliders for RTG whatsoever. The only thing I would recommend is lowering the play speed. MAYBE adjust sliders when you get to college, but not in HS since you can adjust the difficulty. And if you edited a roster on the site, it doesn't transfer over.
Thornton huh? Reside in Markham, Riverdale, or Harvey?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #68
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

One thing that I've tested over and over, for those of you who are trying to jump the snap at defensive end and defensive tackle, stop. I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 that whenever I jump the snap, the quarterback throws the ball away (seemingly 100% of the time intentional grounding), throws a terrible interception that should have been thrown away or finds a receiver wide open over the middle every time.

I'd say whenever I don't jump the snap and just try and make a move, half the time I can get some kind of pressure on the quarterback or a sack.. sometimes at least an incomplete pass.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Thornton huh? Reside in Markham, Riverdale, or Harvey?
Used to live in Riverdale. I played on the team that lost to St. Rita in the playoffs about 2 years ago. I don't think any of our players from that team are even playing college football though. I heard our QB left New Mexico because he wasn't gonna start right away.

Haha, got off topic
Old 07-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 7

Playing HB/MLB I changed the sub out/sub in sliders to 0 and 5. It feels like it helped stay in on offense but it is to early to tell for sure. I turned the fatigue switch off and that did absolutely nothing.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #71
Rookie

YungLew15's Arena

OVR: 4

So I initially made my RTG player a WR, secondary position CB. After HS i committed to TCU as a CB. My questions is, why are all the skill upgrades they offer me only useful for the WR position?? Its like the game still thinks I'm a WR not a CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #72
Banned

It's extremely frustrating to beat coverage with your player, only to not get targeted. Especailly when the play ends up wasted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »