Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #57
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre
Basically, since you can edit any team's rosters, you can replace an existing player with a "walk-on" by editing down their stats.

I made a spreadsheet based off of Timeetyo's that calculates violations on a 1-70 scale, but this is his thread, so I won't post it, since it's not an official part of his system and I don't want to confuse anyone by increasing the number of spreadsheets posted here.
Maybe just start your own thread with it?
Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre
Basically, since you can edit any team's rosters, you can replace an existing player with a "walk-on" by editing down their stats.

I made a spreadsheet based off of Timeetyo's that calculates violations on a 1-70 scale, but this is his thread, so I won't post it, since it's not an official part of his system and I don't want to confuse anyone by increasing the number of spreadsheets posted here.
So this is a much more fair solution - I've added a tab which works this in the 1-70 scale and also expanded this to all teams so that piece is there if anyone wants it. I also added a count function for this to tell you (based on top 25 or all 126) for a given roll how many teams and players are impacted.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercasecurtis

I also added a hit the gym/couch potato roll into my dynasty spreadsheet. More or less I roll for each team (really high threshold) and get 1-2 players for each team selected. They each get a position/depth roll (already on team players) and then a 1 or 2 roll. A 1 means they hit the gym and gained some points in the offseason (+15 att) if they roll a 2 they were a couch potato and lost points (-15 att)
How or When shall I ask are you planning to implement the gym/potato roll? I was wondering because if you end up turning a player into a "walk-on" and then that same player gets a gym roll (odds are probably slim, but still possible) they will end up with a little boost in the end or really get steam rolled by the NCAA...lol
Old 07-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
How or When shall I ask are you planning to implement the gym/potato roll? I was wondering because if you end up turning a player into a "walk-on" and then that same player gets a gym roll (odds are probably slim, but still possible) they will end up with a little boost in the end or really get steam rolled by the NCAA...lol

I'm not 100% set on how I want to roll this yet in the off-season.

My initial plan was to actually roll the potato/couch first that way the teams have a risk factor involved. Say QB #1 is working out really hard and raises his strength 10 points, well it turns out he was selling crack to minors. OOPS. All that hard work down the drain for himself and the team. On the same note the team could also possibly avoid having QB #1 selling crack to minors and sitting on his rump playing NCAA Football all offseason and losing some speed. So it's a double sided sword. Also, small probability that a player comes up twice.

I also can't remember at what week your players leave/recruits get added to the roster. So if you do the boost/downgrade before people leave that could possibly play into madden draft classes(combine gem/bust essentially) and you can avoid accidentally giving the boost to an incoming freshmen who is only eligible for the gem/bust roll. But like i said I forget exactly how it works and I sold all my previous ncaa games so i can't check lol.

The other way to do it would be roll gym/potato last and then if you happen to land on a "walk-on" to skip it entirely or go to the next closest player.

I'll probably try it a few ways while waiting for name rosters/sliders and see which I prefer. The first method is my ideal method though and roll first, whether or not that is before or after players graduate, declare, etc is yet to be seen.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #61
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
If I made gym and potato rules I would set it up something like this

Gym: Can be awarded to players 26-70 (by OVR rating highest to lowest) on a team
Potato: Can be forced on players 1-25
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:

My initial plan was to actually roll the potato/couch first that way the teams have a risk factor involved. Say QB #1 is working out really hard and raises his strength 10 points, well it turns out he was selling crack to minors. OOPS. All that hard work down the drain for himself and the team. On the same note the team could also possibly avoid having QB #1 selling crack to minors and sitting on his rump playing NCAA Football all offseason and losing some speed. So it's a double sided sword. Also, small probability that a player comes up twice.

I also can't remember at what week your players leave/recruits get added to the roster. So if you do the boost/downgrade before people leave that could possibly play into madden draft classes(combine gem/bust essentially) and you can avoid accidentally giving the boost to an incoming freshmen who is only eligible for the gem/bust roll. But like i said I forget exactly how it works and I sold all my previous ncaa games so i can't check lol.

The other way to do it would be roll gym/potato last and then if you happen to land on a "walk-on" to skip it entirely or go to the next closest player.

I'll probably try it a few ways while waiting for name rosters/sliders and see which I prefer. The first method is my ideal method though and roll first, whether or not that is before or after players graduate, declare, etc is yet to be seen.
I was just wondering... I was thinking of doing mine before the Violations Roll also... Like you said the QB 1 has been busting his *** in the gym and then he gets caught selling or whatever I decide he was doing.. Well now all his hard work gets flushed down the toilet and he gets his overall dropped and that's usually how it works too... HAHA!! (I'm going with an Overall of 50 for Violations, really break their spirit) My gym/Potato roll I will probably go with 20 or 25, as opposed to +/- 15, point increase in key attribute points depending on how it will go when I get the game but don't want someone to become a complete stud. Still have not decided yet.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #63
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Quote:

That sounds awesome, and I think that doing the gym/potato roll at the end of the season (before you go to offseason) WOULD in fact impact the draft classes.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #64
Rookie

Glad we're on the same page. Great minds think alike! I also blame timeetyo for his awesome roll spread sheet and the creation of more and more rolls lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »