Home

Moving guys to different positions

This is a discussion on Moving guys to different positions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Moving guys to different positions

By the way, there are only 2 of us in the OD therefore the vast majority of game play will be against the CPU and hence why the big problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

I never recruit FB... I always just recruit a crop of TE's and move the most appropriate guy to FB
Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

I also find OLB/MLB are interchangeable and DE/DT are interchangeable. Sometimes OLB's can also make great DE's.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #28
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I only play offline but I do have some house rules of my own to keep the balance of play fair.

1) I will only move guys to a new position if it makes sense in real life. I use the following formula...
QB's: they can play HB or WR only if they are fast but poor throwers or to TE if they are 6'3" or above and over 240lbs.
HB's: they can move to WR or DB only if they were recruited as an athlete. If they are a big power back then I might move them to FB and up their blocking ratings by 10 points each.
FB's: they can move to HB if they are good runners or LB if they were recruited as athletes.
WR's: they can move to CB only if they were recruited as an athlete or HB if they are undersized (6'0" or below).
TE's: they can move to FB, Oline if they are good blockers and are over 270lbs to start with, or DE if they were recruited as athletes.
OL: they can move around on the line or they can move to DT if they have speed ratings in the 60s and good acc.
DE's: they can move to DT if they are over 270lbs or OLB if I'm running a 3-4.
DT's: they can move to DE in a 3-4 set.
LB's: they can move around from OLB to MLB or they can move to FB if they were recruited as an athlete.
CB's: they can move to FS or SS based on their height and weight or move to WR if they were recruited as an athlete.
FS's: they can play CB or SS only or WR if they were athletes.
SS's: they can only move to MLB if they are over 220lbs and have a speed rating below 83.

I will only edit ratings to make players equal to someone at the new position from their recruiting class and same caliber.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #29
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Right, but it can also take advantage of certain things because the game and the CPU doesn't take advantage of potential disadvantages that might arise in real life.

The particular thing I am thinking about doing is putting a FAST FS at the OLB position and then using him to BLITZ the QB. This enables me to get to the QB about .5 seconds faster than using a LB which makes all the difference in this game! In real life putting an undersized LB on the field would result in the offense running right at him regularly to neutralize the guys speed and take advantage of his under-size and relative weakness. Since the CPU doesn't really do this, I get to reap the benefits without fearing the downside and hence I am left wondering if it is fair even though I agree with you that it does happen in real life.
Moving a safety to LB is completely fair. In your dynasty, you guys can obviosuly make your own rules, but my opinion is that it is fair. Personally, I do not do it, because the safties at LB will get pancaked all game. Instead, it is smarter to just call a safety blitz if you want that fast pressure. Those blitzes are common in the 4-2-5. In fact, the 4-2-5 is basically just a formation that has a natural swap of a safety for a LB.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #30
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I move guys around all the time and I don't care if it's realistic or not. I probably spend more time in the switch player portion of the off-season than any other menu in the entire game (outside of recruiting). In fact, right now in my Tulane offline dynasty I have a couple of safeties playing LB and they're actually slower than a few of the LBs I have.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #31
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

It bugs me a SS switching to FS loses a buttload of AWR

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

My first Xbox and game was NCAA '11. These forums back then seemed (please no backlash, I said seemed) to be populated more heavily on tips, how to play, roster management, etc., threads.

That's when I read about what Jimmy Johnson did when he got to The U (I'm like 95% certain it was him, down there): downsized the defensive positions. Every position got an upgrade in speed because every position saw a downsize such as DE to DT, SS to OLB, etc. Speed. Speed. Speed. That was how he won there. Speed killed.

That FS at OLB might not complete the tackle, but the speed at all the other positions allowed other defenders to arrive after the FS slowed the ball carrier down (or in some cases eliminated the blocker by taking one for the team).

Something to be said for the concept of 'our' game having exploits, though, that in real life would/could be taken advantage of by the offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »