Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #73
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Over the last month i have updated the house rules I posted. Here is the latest version in quick sheet form. Form more details on each rule follow the link.

Quick Sheet

Full breakdown here
Old 12-05-2014, 09:24 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 7

Some of the rules needed to keep this game realistic kind of take the enjoyment out of recruiting. So if I just let the CPU do 100% of the recruiting and I make no cuts will it still produce the same level of challenge as some of the other house rules here? Is there any difference in at least requesting the type of player( IE.scrambling, pocket passer),setting priority level on positions such as medium, low, high. or does this eventually get back to being unrealistic and not challenging.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
Some of the rules needed to keep this game realistic kind of take the enjoyment out of recruiting. So if I just let the CPU do 100% of the recruiting and I make no cuts will it still produce the same level of challenge as some of the other house rules here? Is there any difference in at least requesting the type of player( IE.scrambling, pocket passer),setting priority level on positions such as medium, low, high. or does this eventually get back to being unrealistic and not challenging.
I allow the CPU to do 100% of the recruiting. I select the type of players I want and set priority levels. To keep it challenging I only sign one 4-5 star player per season. To do this I have been changing all 4 and 5 star recruits to Kickers in the position change screen (except for the one I want to keep). This way it will allow me to cut them without getting the position minimum requirements error. This keeps your team from getting too overpowered and gives an extra challenge. Try winning a NC with only 3 star players!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #76
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Love seeing all these rules people place on their own dynasties. Mine are simple..

1) only recruit the number of seniors leaving.
2) only recruit players that have me rank #1 in preseason.
3) can't add players after preseason, even if I lose out on players.
4) 5 stars must start as freshman or can't recruit them.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 7

When I think about it many of pocket scouts house rules make sense, especially state and regional recruiting. One thing I would likely disagrees with is that coach progression be on slowest speed. Based on the coach progression speed test, slow speed provides results that are closer to accurate. In addition, slow speed also has effects on the CPU coaches progression as it slows down the progress and development of elite CPU coaches.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #78
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
When I think about it many of pocket scouts house rules make sense, especially state and regional recruiting. One thing I would likely disagrees with is that coach progression be on slowest speed. Based on the coach progression speed test, slow speed provides results that are closer to accurate. In addition, slow speed also has effects on the CPU coaches progression as it slows down the progress and development of elite CPU coaches.
FWIW I'm the guy that did the coach speed progression test that you're likely referring to and I always play with the slowest progression speed.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #79
Rookie

A personal house rule of mine is to make more impactful freshman and underclassmen in my dynasty. NCAA 14 does a really bad job of creating impactful freshman in the game. In real life, guys like Leonard Fournette and Cam Robinson would be like 90+ OVR as true freshman, but the game only creates freshman up to like 83 OVR. Also, the way the depth chart works with the CPU, they could be stuck under two or three upperclassmen even if they are only 2-4 OVR points below them.

Another aspect of the CPU that I don't like is that it always seems to be redshirt Seniors that are starting on teams because they have been on the team the longest and, as such, have gotten the most offseason training boosts. In real life and from what I've seen, redshirt seniors very rarely start because of the nature of the game. True freshman and underclassmen are seeing the field more and more often because of their potential.

As such, I've been both creating impactful true freshman in the preseason and manually editing CPU depth charts at the end of the season. I usually create the top 30 prospects in the country via the 247 Composite Rankings and rate them anywhere from 93 - 85 OVR. The 90+ OVR are reserved for the Top 10 prospects( such as Martez Ivey and Josh Sweat this year). When they are recruited, they usually end up in starting roles.

For manual CPU depth chart management, you have to edit their depth chart at the end of the current season in anticipation of next season. You can't edit their rosters in the Preseason menu as it will not reflect in their depth chart. You have to edit their roster at the End of Bowl Season menu before you move to the offseason in anticipation of next season. As such, the computer will recognize that the rating changes you make will contribute to the CPU's Offseason Improvement Ratings. These are the only ratings that the CPU takes into account when changing their depth charts.

tldr; I create impactful freshman and manually edit CPU depth charts.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #80
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoyer1994
A personal house rule of mine is to make more impactful freshman and underclassmen in my dynasty. NCAA 14 does a really bad job of creating impactful freshman in the game. In real life, guys like Leonard Fournette and Cam Robinson would be like 90+ OVR as true freshman, but the game only creates freshman up to like 83 OVR. Also, the way the depth chart works with the CPU, they could be stuck under two or three upperclassmen even if they are only 2-4 OVR points below them.

Another aspect of the CPU that I don't like is that it always seems to be redshirt Seniors that are starting on teams because they have been on the team the longest and, as such, have gotten the most offseason training boosts. In real life and from what I've seen, redshirt seniors very rarely start because of the nature of the game. True freshman and underclassmen are seeing the field more and more often because of their potential.

As such, I've been both creating impactful true freshman in the preseason and manually editing CPU depth charts at the end of the season. I usually create the top 30 prospects in the country via the 247 Composite Rankings and rate them anywhere from 93 - 85 OVR. The 90+ OVR are reserved for the Top 10 prospects( such as Martez Ivey and Josh Sweat this year). When they are recruited, they usually end up in starting roles.

For manual CPU depth chart management, you have to edit their depth chart at the end of the current season in anticipation of next season. You can't edit their rosters in the Preseason menu as it will not reflect in their depth chart. You have to edit their roster at the End of Bowl Season menu before you move to the offseason in anticipation of next season. As such, the computer will recognize that the rating changes you make will contribute to the CPU's Offseason Improvement Ratings. These are the only ratings that the CPU takes into account when changing their depth charts.

tldr; I create impactful freshman and manually edit CPU depth charts.

Since when can you alter a CPU team's depth chart? I always "play God" at the end of each season a bit, since I can't edit CPU depth charts. For example, North Texas lost it's starting RB to injury and the backup ran for 1500+ yards and 21 TDs and obviously have won the starting role in the following year, so I edited his attributes to make him better than the starter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »