Home

Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers

This is a discussion on Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
let's see if it wasn't online we couldn't import our own logos which is only the coolest thing in the history of video games so NO THANK YOU it's fine the way it is. moving on.
^This is so true.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #34
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
let's see if it wasn't online we couldn't import our own logos which is only the coolest thing in the history of video games so NO THANK YOU it's fine the way it is. moving on.
Agreed. The ability to create my own logos and import them into teambuilder for my teams is what keeps me coming back to it. Put it on the consoles only and take away that option and I'd use it about as much as I did the old create-a-team...never.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #35
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm sure this doesn't belong here but I didn't want to make a thread about it; when you put your TB team..say Villanova in the Big East, do they get the Big East patch on their jersey? Sorry if this has already been asked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #36
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
I'm sure this doesn't belong here but I didn't want to make a thread about it; when you put your TB team..say Villanova in the Big East, do they get the Big East patch on their jersey? Sorry if this has already been asked.
Unless it's been updated in NCAA12, Teambuilder teams won't get conference patches at all on the jerseys; they didn't in 10 and 11.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:44 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Jersey is absolutely right and has every right to voice his opinion on teambuilder. It really is a disappointment. While the teambuilder feature was fresh in 2010, it's gone essentially untouched in two additional games now. Two full years and all that has been added for us as features are "jersey text." That's it.
It's teambuilder, users want to create their team. Though some may want to create their own version of an existing school, thus using the official team's jersey or alternate is well conceived but it doesn't address the outlining issue and that's purely being ignored. I checked the NCAA Football 12 website every day until teambuilder 12 was officially launched and I was so excited for it because I figured, like a idiot, like a drone, that the big changes into teambuilder were to appear in this years version. But, It's the exact same version as 11. There is maybe one, or two new mascots, and new jerseys for existing schools. But that’s it. Why the Hush-Hush from EA on the teambuilder aspect of the game? At least put some effort into this feature. Colored cleats/socks and pride stickers. That's it. That’s something. Maybe one more logo spot, just one more. Just these maybe? But no, there is nothing. Are these requests really that much to ask for?

While I am thankful and trust me, I truly am, that game play improvements were implemented into the game. Custom conferences is great. Coaching carousel, RTG, but come on; as fans of this series you do not have to support everything EA does. Stop making excuses for them. Just stop. You’re a fan. You’re allowed to complain. It’s your money. Is it really that hard to listen to some of the fans' suggestions for teambuilder and add them in? 12 teams in dynasty, three years now. Same old teambuilder, three years now. This is getting tiresome.

I can't sit here with a sigh and I just say that "well, there's next year and I'm glad they have new improvements into the game." I just can’t do that. I won’t. I play this game almost just for teambuilder, maybe that sounds stupid, fine. Maybe that sounds moronic because it's a college football game. Maybe I should play as Oregon or Auburn, but I create conferences and play with teambuilder teams. This is the reason I don’t play madden. This is what I love about football. It’s your own team. It's your legacy. It is what you want to do. So please don't defend EA when you ask for one improvement and you get nothing. It’s just sad.

I know as a fan I can just say like many will suggest "don't spend your money on it then." I understand that response, I do. But seriously, come on...every one that uses the teambuilder feature has had their hopes up for a whole year now and we got nothing. Some new jerseys for existing teams, some new stadiums, and a mascot. That is not an updated teambuilder, that is a slap in the face. That is being ignored, that is just not right on EA's part. I don't care about bashing EA, because they let me down. They let everyone who had their hopes up for this feature down. I was a fool. Again. This has to stop. Listen to the fans. Give us one addition that we want. Is it really so hard? Am I just repeating myself?

The improvements in the game cannot be ignored. I see them, I understand them, and like I said earlier, I am grateful to see them. But these game play improvements, these updates in certain game modes, this is year-to-year updated stuff that should happen every year. These are features with obvious problems that we as fans dealt with in 2010, 2011, and were finally tweaked, fixed, added. Each game mode has seen improvements in 2012, but not teambuilder. No improvements. Nothing. It's ignored. It’s been out casted. It’s a thing of the past now. It no longer is exciting to create a team. It no longer is something special to see your team from college or high school or whatever you desire. You’ve seen it before. You’ve created it before. Possibly even spent hours on it. And now when you thought you had the chance to Really put your own spin on it, to get dirty and possible select different cleats or socks, pride stickers, another logo, sponsers or anything new, you can't, it's not there. You've been ignored. There is nothing new. There is only the old.

Bottom line, I believe Jersey has a right to voice his complaints, as not only do I share the same, but so do many users of this game. Teambuilder should have been updated. We should have gotten something. Instead we got nothing. It’s a shame. The word “nothing” seems to be appearing a lot in this ridiculous reply on a board I’ve never been on before, but really think and read the word over again…Nothing. I believe everyone deserves “something.”
I can harp and complain all day, the various threads upon threads voice their opinions and disappointments with this year’s teambuilder as evidence that it should have had something going for it, but it does not. I think what defenders are failing to realize is that, while some aspects of the game are important to you, there are different aspects that mean the same if not more to other users, and the real problem, like I have previously said several times already, is that we feel ignored. Maybe we expect too much. Maybe we were too naïve. With all that said, with every excuse anyone could possibly make, it’s a shame to be ignored as the consumer, because all we want is to have fun. And that’s the key word, “fun.” This feature, this teambuilder feature is no longer fun. It’s…nothing.
I could be wrong about all of this. But I am a fan. I love football. We have a right to voice our opinion without having to be scrutinized for it. it's what we believe in, it's what we are free to do as fans. I enjoy playing this game. I just hoped for more. I guess I am just a fool for believing in this company again. I apologize if this sounds like complaining, or if I’m just rambling what everyone else is thinking, or disagreeing with, I just thought this was I, that this was the year teambuilder became so much more. It already stands out, it stands over every other create a team feature in any game; I just thought that this year, 2012, it would no longer stand out...it would shine.

R.J. MacReady. Helicopter Pilot. US Outpost #31.

Last edited by ToastmasterGeneral; 07-05-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: resize font
Old 07-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #38
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yes its a business and as a business they should be able to put out a game the quality of The Show, NBA 2k, Fifa with EA backing them up. Look at how much more small details are in Madden that NCAA is still missing. Different length socks, more cleats, eye black, long hair, different dreads, broadcast camera, tv style presentation, etc. Its 2010 and we're still asking for features to be brought back that used to be in there. We still don't even have in game saves.

Not having any competition in the college football market has made these guys less urgent to put out the best product. They know many, like myself, will continue to buy it simply because its the only college football game out there. I never used to think that was true but if there was another company making a game i can't honestly believe we'd still be waiting for those small things to be in the game already.
Thats why I think we need to just boycott EA one year. They basically rule not only the college football games, but the pro game too. Just one year I wish that everyone would keep their current version of the game and not buy the new one. If they lost just 25% of their sales that would at least get their attention and make them realize they couldn't just sell the same game every year. There is no way that anyone is going to try and compete with EA in the football market because they have it locked up. And if they do try to compete, they aren't going to have much success.

That being said the improvements to this years game look promising and I really hope the game is an improvement over 2011 because I've already sold it to someone else so I better get my moneys worth.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

hahahahaha!!!!! hear it is, another year, and this whole thread can be reposted! MINIMAL changes and the same ol' crappy game.. i did not buy it, im gonna buy it every three years, which is a shame because ive bought at least one copy for the last 10 years.. sorry ea, make a GOOD amount of improvements, and you will have your loyal fan back.. now you cant even export to madden, this is a joke. and dont even get me started on pride stickers or anything to do with teambuilder.. something that hasnt changed since july 2009!!!

Miami Hurricanes
New Orleans Saints
Tulane greenwave
LSU Tigers.. unless theyre playing the canes or the wave..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »