Home

Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers

This is a discussion on Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers

I was just thinking about the old NCAA games where you were able to create a team and choose to put pride stickers on the helmets. How is it that teambuilder is now going on year 3 and we still can't add Pride Stickers to helmets? The more i think about the leap they took from NCAA 10 to NCAA 11 and i think about NCAA 11 to NCAA 12, it pisses me off for how they essentially added a couple franchise things some new entrances and thats it. Don't give me that "zone coverage/ improved collisions" crap because thats small potatoes stuff. We still have 1 throwing motion/ running motion, Teambuilder was essentially left collecting dust instead of being utilized the way it should.

I really wish they'd get rid of Ben and some of the other guys and bring in some new blood that is motivated and will look to do more with this franchise because its pathetic that this game makes such minimal improvements year after year and has 1 really good year every 5-6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I was just thinking about the old NCAA games where you were able to create a team and choose to put pride stickers on the helmets. How is it that teambuilder is now going on year 3 and we still can't add Pride Stickers to helmets? The more i think about the leap they took from NCAA 10 to NCAA 11 and i think about NCAA 11 to NCAA 12, it pisses me off for how they essentially added a couple franchise things some new entrances and thats it. Don't give me that "zone coverage/ improved collisions" crap because thats small potatoes stuff. We still have 1 throwing motion/ running motion, Teambuilder was essentially left collecting dust instead of being utilized the way it should.

I really wish they'd get rid of Ben and some of the other guys and bring in some new blood that is motivated and will look to do more with this franchise because its pathetic that this game makes such minimal improvements year after year and has 1 really good year every 5-6.
It's not wise to bash the EA Developers here you realize that right? You need to look at everything they improved and really decide if they spent no time on anything, or more time on the little things that make this game good. Teambuilder does need attention, but it can get it next year for all I care.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
It's not wise to bash the EA Developers here you realize that right? You need to look at everything they improved and really decide if they spent no time on anything, or more time on the little things that make this game good. Teambuilder does need attention, but it can get it next year for all I care.
I'd say Jersey has been around the bush in these forums, he has a point.

NCAA takes baby steps. I cannot look back at the recent next gen years and think of a substantial gain that this franchise has made year to year.. it's always a struggle. There has never been a groundbreaking gain in gameplay, it's always been we fixed this... we find 80 other issues... he next year, 6 of 80 are fixed.

Teambuilder is by far the red-headed stepchild of this franchise. I feel like they implemented it and we all crapped our pants in excitement. Since, they have struggled to make us have that feeling again and know that unless they do something substantial to TB... it's a lame duck. However, where I disagree with Jersey right now is that we still don't know what they have done to TB this year. Year 1 was when the dropped it, last year... they add jersey text... this will be 3.0. If the next weeks come and go with a green background and no pride stickers, extra slots, more templates, improved roster editing, etc.. Then we have a right to throw a fit, the mode with officially be stagnant.

I'm not going to call out the EA team, but take a look at RTG. They get a new body in there, and POOF! Gone is the annoyingly lame mode of last year, and now an upgraded mode that has a lot of people excited on the boards. Coincidence? Highly doubtful.

People want authenticity. In reality, teams not included in the game make their debut in college football in future years. There is no way to get perfect copies of some of those teams without improvements to TB. So you could careless about it, but if it were done right... it would be something that you couldn't do without.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

Ya I'm pretty disappointed that they likely didnt do anything with it and really havent since the '10...however text on the front of jerseys was HUGE!!!

I get the feeling and I have the hope that they see and hear our cries, and next year will have a huge TB upgrade.

Now we just gotta get Madden to add it.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Listen, patience is a virtue. It looks like they are making minor changes this year, but one would almost think that next year TB will be in for an overhaul. This time next year if only minor changes are implemented again, then yes, I can see there being a cause for some out-roar. I don't know, maybe they are gathering every idea and figuring out a way next yr or the yr after to add them to TB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
Rookie

jjbreez90's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree I wish they would change some things for TB (Uniforms having Conference Patches and Nike/Adidas/UA logos, 3 Pants, Pride Stickers, Choice of Rival and pipelines, etc) but it looks like they made a LOT of changes this year (especially in RTG)

I won't be happy if there is barely any changes from TB 2.0 but I can't honestly say I think they were lazy with this one. They took a mode I could care less about and made it into one I am really looking forward to playing. Also fixing some gameplay issues... I am very excited regardless if TB got a huge update.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

Question? Just cause I don't know who has them but are pride stickers in the game anywhere yet?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

not only would pride stickers be nice...but on old gen you would max out at 45 or 50...I would want more to be possible to cover more than back of helmet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »