Home

Teambuilder site down

This is a discussion on Teambuilder site down within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 10:36 PM   #49
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Teambuilder site down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesmith85
Been down for 2 weeks i think we all prolly can say R.I.P smh

It’s already been discussed in here other features were down for longer and came back up

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #50
Rookie

Still down

8 pm CT

-TM
Old 09-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #51
Rookie

jgthedon's Arena

Can someone talk to Amber again to see what the devs are doing on a daily basis to fix this issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 03:36 AM   #52
Rookie

I believe it might have something to do with the Gaia framework that the site was based on. The site that ran that (or however it works) is down, so nobody is going to bother fixing or updating anything for TB. I assume it would either mean this outdated site has to get back up and running or they overhaul the code on the TB site, which with no employed staff at EA is never going to happen since it's a waste of time on their end for a defunct game.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #53
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgthedon
Can someone talk to Amber again to see what the devs are doing on a daily basis to fix this issue
I don't think we get to specifically ask to talk to her, it's just luck of the draw who you get when you chat. Then again, maybe she gets the chats from repeatedly opened help tickets.

Honestly though, you need to hit them up. Don't rely on the few of us, the more of us who call out the issue, the more they see how many people it effects. The more people, the more we show how many are using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric080
I believe it might have something to do with the Gaia framework that the site was based on. The site that ran that (or however it works) is down, so nobody is going to bother fixing or updating anything for TB. I assume it would either mean this outdated site has to get back up and running or they overhaul the code on the TB site, which with no employed staff at EA is never going to happen since it's a waste of time on their end for a defunct game.
Interesting, I did not know the framework was down. Is that something EA controls, and they have moved to a new framework?

I just finished 4 straight graveyard shifts. I'm gonna knock out for a while, but when I wake up I will try to muster the energy to contact them again lol.

Either way, the more the merrier. Everyone should at least contact them through easports.com and use the chat feature. It literally takes 5-10 minutes, very much worth it.

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #54
Rookie

Well, I'm not a Web programmer, but I have a feeling TB (which when you right-click it says "built with Gaia Framework 3.0somethingsomething) might utilize a 3rd-party platform to allow for the editing and display of TB teams. So EA probably didn't "shut it down" considering they had no reason to, since leaving it up wasn't hurting anybody. And the servers that host the teams are still up since you can download teams. But you can't edit because the framework is down.

It's a theory, but it would mean that the TB platform died and nobody is going to spend time doing anything about it.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #55
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric080
Well, I'm not a Web programmer, but I have a feeling TB (which when you right-click it says "built with Gaia Framework 3.0somethingsomething) might utilize a 3rd-party platform to allow for the editing and display of TB teams. So EA probably didn't "shut it down" considering they had no reason to, since leaving it up wasn't hurting anybody. And the servers that host the teams are still up since you can download teams. But you can't edit because the framework is down.

It's a theory, but it would mean that the TB platform died and nobody is going to spend time doing anything about it.
That is the most reasonable explanation regarding it, which I very much appreciate instead of the "it's dead RIP" type posts.

My only thought, however, is that the login would still work because I believe that part is through the EA servers. I would THINK this would still work, regardless of framework issues. Just as you, however, I am no programmer.

I'm just holding out hope that it is the way of many other features that have gone down and come back up 6-8 weeks after.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #56
Rookie

king8838's Arena

OVR: 2

Just got finished chatting with "Haider". He, (or she), stated that they are aware of the problem, even stated that it was "a big deal", and "many other players have contacted EA about the issue". They didn't have an answer for what steps are being taken or what the time frame is.

Might try again to chat with someone else.
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »