Home

POST YOUR QB STATS...

This is a discussion on POST YOUR QB STATS... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #49
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: POST YOUR QB STATS...

Brodie Croyle wa like 15-20 for 356 yards and 3 TD's in my week one game Chiefs vs PATs.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
Oh, and I guess I should also mention that I have for the time being stopped calling my own defensive plays and allow the CPU to do it. Maybe I was a horrible play caller contributing to it or maybe the CPU knows better how to take all the game elements into account when calling a play.
I have started to wonder about this as well. I like to think I know what i am doing, but maybe I am wrong.

Does anyone know if asking the coach for a play recommendation will yield the same play as allowing them to call one?
I would like to know what they are calling.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:28 AM   #51
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Are you guys throwing any picks? Through 10 games Jason Campbell has only thrown 3 INTs. Should i be thanking him for a great year or is this something everyone is seeing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #52
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey, maybe the passing game in HC is just an extension of the new EA philosophy started in NCAA 09...welcome to "Open Gameplay"!

Good way to piss off the hardcore sim folks but those that want to just have fun, its the way to go!

I think it SUCKS...just give us sliders that really work and we'll sort it out...are sliders THAT hard to make work?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #53
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsemillArmy
I have started to wonder about this as well. I like to think I know what i am doing, but maybe I am wrong.

Does anyone know if asking the coach for a play recommendation will yield the same play as allowing them to call one?
I would like to know what they are calling.
Me too, I thought I was pretty good....but maybe this game requires a lot more than X's and O's and maybe the game elements matter much more then pure play calling and ability. And the CPU knows how to adjust for that and calls the best possible play strongly utilizing the game elements (which the human player can't fully appreciate or understand because not completely known all the formulas that go into it). Just a thought.

Last edited by SlyBelle; 08-23-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #54
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Are you guys throwing any picks? Through 10 games Jason Campbell has only thrown 3 INTs. Should i be thanking him for a great year or is this something everyone is seeing?
To be honest, I don't see many on default sliders. I had it bumped up to 55 in the past and at that point I thought I saw 2-3 combined a game which was pretty realistic. I'm just hesitant of doing anything else with sliders right now, but might be tempted on that one.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Kitna thorws quite a few at times. In fact twice i had the decision to bench hi and I did. Oncwe Drew Stanton almost made a miraculous comeback, but was stopped from the 2 with no time left.

But to answer the question, yes, Kitna has around 10 (I guess) halfway through the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 9

All the games I played in my franchise we're on default sliders except for FGs and penalties. I restarted my franchise and said to hell with it I'm not keeping the OC and DCs playbook if I'm a new coach coming to take over a franchise I'll have my own system and people will have to learn it just like they would in real life. So I took McCarthy's West Coast Offense (Which is lovely for the 49ers might I add) and Jags Pressure D. I super-simmed preseason so I could get 3rd stingers playing time too and then I'm straight simming each regular season game.

So far 2-3 on the season

Alexa Smith - 69/124 55% 864yards 8tds 3 ints - A sight for sore eyes those numbers
Gore - 92 carries 374 yards 2tds 4.0avg
Bruce - 16 catches 254 yards 3 tds...Uhh
Josh Morgan - 15 catches 241yards 3 tds (I hope he helps us in real life)
Staley has given up 6 sacks in 5 games ouch not helping out Smith's blind side
Justin Smith leads in tackles with 46 and is tied for the team lead in sacks with 2 (Kentwan Balmer has 2 as well)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »