Home

**NFL Head Coach 09 Bugs/Glitches Thread**

This is a discussion on **NFL Head Coach 09 Bugs/Glitches Thread** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: **NFL Head Coach 09 Bugs/Glitches Thread**

Not sure if this is a bug or simply some AI that needs tweeking, but:

Playing a pre-season game and I was playing offense, at my opponents 32yd line with 3 seconds left in the 1st half.

Kicked a FG as the clock expired, but missed. However, the defense had a penalty, Offside, which I accepted. The half ended, rather than allowing me to play another non-timed down.

Cost me a potential 3 points.

Love the game, by the way. Can't wait for the patch.

Kevin.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:34 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Where do you go to download the patch? Also do you need to re-start your career once the pacth is downloaded or can you continue on with your season?

Coachg
Old 09-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg
Where do you go to download the patch? Also do you need to re-start your career once the pacth is downloaded or can you continue on with your season?

Coachg
Patch isn't out yet and it will update automatically as long as you're online when you load the game.

You will not need to restart your career for the patch to take affect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 26

I have simmed a couple of seasons now and i was worried about the safeties underperforming. I would notice that some of them would have like 6-8 picks which is amazing but their tackles were low. the highest i ever saw a safety get was in the high 60's to the low 70's which is semi-good season for a safety.

Looking into it deeper i saw that Bob Sanders from the colts played a full season twice and only got 24 and 28 tackles....when he was healthy in real life he would almost get 100. What makes it worse is i saw almost the entire leagues corners out tackling the safeties which doesnt happen. sure in real life you may see a champ bailey get 80 tackles beating out some safties but when you see an army of corners out tackling safeties it raises eye brows.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #77
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

More defining moment problems . . .

I had one for onside kick when I was down late in the game. I chose it and actually converted the try. But I still lost approval points? Doesn't make any sense. A few minutes later I got another one that wanted me to go for it on 4th and 7 from my own 5. I was winning the game at that point. I obviously punted and obviously lost approval. Nevermind the fact that the returner fumbled and I recovered.

I ended up losing 17 overall approval from a game that I won . . . in the preseason. This is after counting the bonus I got (or was supposed to get) for achieving one of my goals. And on 2/3 defining moments I chose the option that the game said would get me approval (I'm trying to rack up approval in the preseason because I'm afraid of how much I will lose in the regular season by making actual football-related decisions).

This game has so much potential, but I am REALLY nervous about this defining moment thing. I don't want my career to be in jeopardy/lost because of a broken game feature. I want to be fired for my own incompetence!

Also, my second preseason game at home, in August, was played in the snow. I am using Buffalo, but come on.

While I'm ranting: it's not a glitch, but I've played three preseason games with the Bills so far. Each game I've fallen way behind early but had my subs rally for a one point win. Weird.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 12

I just got royally screwed on a Defining Moment. I was on defense, up 26-14 with just over 2 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. The other team had the ball in my red zone. A Defining Moment came up asking me if I wanted to blitz or play it safe. I figured being up as much as I was on points, and with as little time left as there was, why not blitz. Even if they score on a huge gain I can run out the clock for the win. So I said yes to the blitz for the Defining Moment. Then the 2 minute warning occurred as the players were lining up for the play. After the 2 minute warning, the game acted as if I had failed the Defining Moment and I lost a bunch of approval points, even though the play was never run. Ripoff.

Last edited by sixtydashone; 09-25-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 12

There's some questionable logic with the "sub 3rd string" function. Mainly the fact that it will try to sub a 3rd string kicker, except most people probably won't even have three kickers... so what ends up happening is it puts your punter in for a field goal attempt.

This caught me off guard as I had a big lead and was in 4th quarter garbage time, so I put in my 3rd stringers to try and avoid injuries to any key players, and I go for about a 25yd field goal and miss (in a dome no less). I was like wtf is that about, and then notice that it was my punter on the field goal attempt, and he has nowhere near the KPW or KAC of my kicker.

It should just leave the 1st string kicker in the game imo. He and the punter are probably the only two guys you will never want to sub out for someone else during garbage time.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:55 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional
Any luck pinpoint the sound going out and ps3 rebooting when you try to quit HC

Had this happen during my draft this time. This is with the patch in a pre exsisting career.

I honestly think it has to do with the speed of the ps3 and how slow the game runs itself. Trying to load too much at once and the sound is dropping, having the ps3 reboot itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »