Home

**NFL Head Coach 09 Bugs/Glitches Thread**

This is a discussion on **NFL Head Coach 09 Bugs/Glitches Thread** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: **NFL Head Coach 09 Bugs/Glitches Thread**

I don't know if this has been posted. Didn't read the thread. But...

When you have an agenda, IE Blitz the QB, Work with HB, etc. If you go from regular game, to supersim, back to the regular game, and then back to supersim. It removes the agenda even if you haven't used them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 05:06 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 12

There was one time where I practiced putting pressure on the QB on two separate practice days in the week. When I got into the game, the corresponding agenda appeared twice, which should have been six total uses of that agenda (three per, as it was listed). However, each use of the agenda would remove one use from each of the two agendas. Doesn't seem right to me.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #67
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

OVR: 2

Fumbles sometimes trigger the wrong emotional responses. For example, if my defense forces a fumble but doesn't recover it, I end up with the "Offense - We're moving backwards out there!" response, when my offense is obviously not on the field. Also, Larry Johnson had a 6 yard run and then fumbled the ball out of bounds. It gave me "Dwayne Bowe - That sack really hurt us!"

Also, the coordinators say some dumb things at times. Example:

Opponents take kickoff to their own 35 late in the 4th.
My defensive coordinator: They're just outside range now!
Opponents pass to the 50.
DC: They're just outside range now!
Opponents get down to the 30.
Down to the 10 yard line.
Touchdown, my opponents take the lead late in the 4th.

That actually happened.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:01 AM   #68
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

Oh, and one that I forgot, and it really made me upset...

It was 4th and inches at the opponent's 5 yard line. I got the defining moment of "It's 4th and goal. Do you kick the field goal or go for the touchdown?" Well, it wasn't 4th and goal, but I was going for the 1st anyway. I called a QB sneak and had 1st and goal at the 1 yard line, a great situation by all accounts. But since I didn't score a touchdown on that play, I failed the defining moment and lost a bunch of approval. It happened to me in another game as well, same situation. I didn't care and still called the QB sneak, and this time I was lucky enough to have my guy get in. I disagree with a lot of the defining moments for not making good football sense. This is a defining moment I would actually agree with, but it's just plain coded wrong.

Anyway, I think I feel like most people here. I love the idea of defining moments, because they are a huge part of coaching, but they have to make sense and be done correctly.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyJefferson
Fumbles sometimes trigger the wrong emotional responses. For example, if my defense forces a fumble but doesn't recover it, I end up with the "Offense - We're moving backwards out there!" response, when my offense is obviously not on the field. Also, Larry Johnson had a 6 yard run and then fumbled the ball out of bounds. It gave me "Dwayne Bowe - That sack really hurt us!"

Also, the coordinators say some dumb things at times. Example:

Opponents take kickoff to their own 35 late in the 4th.
My defensive coordinator: They're just outside range now!
Opponents pass to the 50.
Opponents get down to the 30.
Down to the 10 yard line.
Touchdown, my opponents take the lead late in the 4th.

That actually happened.
There's not much merit to the coordinators rants during the game right now just because it is definitely not very random and not very appropriate...but, lol and this is a HUGE but, (becky) but my coordinator had me rofl last night when he said... "When's the draft?" lmao...that is my favorite so far.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyJefferson

bump on the glitched Emotional Reactions.... i've had the same problems as you....it seems to me that a huge tackle in the backfield frm my defense will prompt the CPU offenses reaction screen....when i choose Calm (as my defense prefers) i will receive approval points frm my defense....i now know hot to treat that Emotional Respnse
Old 09-19-2008, 01:29 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

Any luck pinpoint the sound going out and ps3 rebooting when you try to quit HC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #72
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

I have two that aren't really bugs, just stuff that needs fixing.

1) A bunch of teams downloaded user-created plays, and one of them is this one defensive play that was designed to be used as a field goal block. It lines everyone up on one side right at the line of scrimmage and just rushes everyone. Well, when I played the Broncos, they used that play on me like 7 times in normal situations, not knowing any better. The 4 times I had called a run play, they stopped me for no gain. But the 3 passes I called ended up going for really long touchdowns. The end result was that I felt like I won really cheaply. I actually think it's really cool that the CPU teams use downloaded plays, but it's not cool when they download one that pretty much guarantees you will beat them.

2) When I created my coach, I selected the 3-3-5 defensive playbook. All the plays in it are either 3-3-5 (with 2 strong safeties) or goal line. However, I cannot change my coach's philosophy to 3-3-5. I have to choose either 3-4 or 4-3 or others that I forget, but there is no 3-3-5. The result is that while I start 2 strong safeties every game, it only shows one as being the starter. My second strong safety was not even credited with a start, despite actually starting 16 games. Now, so far this hasn't made much difference, because both my SSs are 83 overall. But if I get good SSs like I plan to, I'm concerned that the guy who isn't credited with starts is going to start complaining about lack of playing time. Maybe I am the only one who has this problem, but it is still bothersome. If there is a whole defense of 3-3-5, I should be able to have 3-3-5 as my philosophy. And the people who actually come out for the first play should be credited with starts, not just the guys at the top of each position on the depth chart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »