Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #89
RSL
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

I'm in my second season (started with the Lions, got fired, took the Cardinals job.)

I'm not noticing a ton of difference in the play of the game after the patch. I still have a hard time running unless I call the play in super sim mode. Then I can get some yards. Otherwise, my running backs ignore obvious holes to try and show off their dance moves instead.

However, I'm 5-1 so far this year. The one loss was to the colts where Leinhart threw 3 picks, got benched, only to have his back up throw 4 picks! I might just be imagining the following, but in the two games following, Leinhart has played like a pro bowler. He's throwing crisp, accuarate passes and it has been fun to watch. I wonder if getting benched has motivated him to play better? Perhaps that is just wishful thinking.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 4

So does this patch get rid of the injury bug? so I can go and make plays in the play creator and still have injuries and stuff?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #91
Rookie

Embraer's Arena

Just updated my PS3 version with the patch and roster update. Game froze faster than it ever did before the patch. I experienced the loss of audio with gradual slow down before even reaching the RFA portion. Again, out of ALL my PS3 games this is the only one that constantly freezes so I know it is not an issue with my system. This is a game issue.

Anyways, I have given up on this game. Too late to return it now...so it is going up for sale on Ebay and Amazon. Anybody out there who hasn't purchased a copy yet and wants to risk playing through the freezes go to either site and make your purchase.

Too bad...this was one of my most HIGHLY anticipated games of this year. Oh well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 04:07 AM   #92
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

Angry Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer
Just updated my PS3 version with the patch and roster update. Game froze faster than it ever did before the patch. I experienced the loss of audio with gradual slow down before even reaching the RFA portion. Again, out of ALL my PS3 games this is the only one that constantly freezes so I know it is not an issue with my system. This is a game issue.

Anyways, I have given up on this game. Too late to return it now...so it is going up for sale on Ebay and Amazon. Anybody out there who hasn't purchased a copy yet and wants to risk playing through the freezes go to either site and make your purchase.

Too bad...this was one of my most HIGHLY anticipated games of this year. Oh well...
Same Here I don't think the PS-3 patch is working at all. I lose sound, then freeze that causes my system to restart when I try to quit the game. Plus all the things that they claim are fixed are still broken. I still see kick accuracy on field goals is broken, rfa tender to your players is still broken, outside running is piss poor, ai doesn't adapt to stop you from running qb sneak over and over, I can't hardly get started into my brand new post patch career to see if other bugs are fixed because of the blasted freezing!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 AM   #93
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacFrog
So does this patch get rid of the injury bug? so I can go and make plays in the play creator and still have injuries and stuff?
Yes, it does. You have to go into the play editor to turn them back on in an ongoing career mode.

Anyways, judging by a few comments... I'm assuming there are issues with the PS3 patch? Because I know damn well the 360 patch worked and even fixed some things they didn't mention in the notes.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #94
Rookie

The 360 patch made things great for me. Much more normal passing and I've got a run game now. I have gone into the play editor and it appears to work fine.

The only lingering issue I have (and I don't think the patch fixed it) is the lack of the stadium play by play. All I get is crowd noise and my assistants making comments (which is driving me crazy, about to turn off their sound). I'd like to hear the announcer so I don't spend time looking at the crawl at all.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 1

To the Devs, again great job with the game. However, since the patch, I am seeing more and more injuries to the point that it seems a bit excessive.

For example, I am playng a game as I am writing this between Denver and Jax. The score is 17-7 Jax up, with 2:51 left in the 3rd quarter. I have had five (yes...5) OL injuries in the game. I know that teams can sustain various injuries in really tough games, but it seems a bit over the top. I had less injuries in the game prior against Pittsburgh (lost 23-20 in a FG heartbreaker)

I'll keep grinding out as I am still having a lot of fun.

Last edited by natcret; 09-29-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #96
Rookie

Did I also read that you can now change your Philosophys at the end of the season? like I can change from Vertical Passing to Power running?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »